Baseball #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Phillies are the NLCS Winners.
    ______ are the ALCS Winners. (Note this is undetermined)

They will be moving on to the world series.

World Series:
    Game Matchup Day Date Time ET TV
    Gm 1 PHI @ AL Wed Oct. 28 TBD FOX
    Gm 2 PHI @ AL Thu Oct. 29 TBD FOX
    Gm 3 AL @ PHI Sat Oct. 31 TBD FOX
    Gm 4 AL @ PHI Sun Nov. 1 TBD FOX
    Gm 5* AL @ PHI Mon Nov. 2 TBD FOX
    Gm 6* PHI @ AL Wed Nov. 4 TBD FOX
    Gm 7* PHI @ AL Thu Nov. 5 TBD FOX

*IF NEEDED

2. Destiny

Well the Indians hired a new Manager. Awww its Manny Acta some might know him as being the manager with the WORST record in baseball, what team was he with you ask? Well he was with the ... WASHINGTON NATIONALS. :wtf:

He compiled a 158-252 record in two-plus seasons at the helm of the Nationals before he was dismissed in July. The Nats were 26-61 with Acta this season. :(

Did I mention that they gave him a 3 YEAR!!! contract..

Now some might say, you don't sound happy.. Well okay yeah, I would have love AAA Columbus manager Torey Lovullo granted no ML experience as a manager, but he has groomed all these players we currently have at one point or another, he is well liked and highly respected by them, and top it off he is a really cool guy. :p

ETA:

World Series:
    Game Matchup Day Date Time ET TV
    Gm 1 PHI @ NYY Wed Oct. 28 TBD FOX
    Gm 2 PHI @ NYY Thu Oct. 29 TBD FOX
    Gm 3 NYY @ PHI Sat Oct. 31 TBD FOX
    Gm 4 NYY @ PHI Sun Nov. 1 TBD FOX
    Gm 5* NYY @ PHI Mon Nov. 2 TBD FOX
    Gm 6* PHI @ NYY Wed Nov. 4 TBD FOX
    Gm 7* PHI @ NYY Thu Nov. 5 TBD FOX

*IF NEEDED

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  3. Destiny

Heads up...

Phillies vs Yankee's Here is the schedules (and keep in mind the weather lol).

Gm 1 PHI @ NYY Wed FOX Oct. 28 7:57 PM

Gm 2 PHI @ NYY Thu FOX Oct. 29 7:57 PM

Gm 3 NYY @ PHI Sat FOX Oct. 31 7:57 PM

Gm 4 NYY @ PHI Sun FOX Nov. 1 8:20 PM

Gm 5* NYY @ PHI Mon FOX Nov. 2 7:57 PM

Gm 6* PHI @ NYY Wed FOX Nov. 4 7:57 PM

Gm 7* PHI @ NYY Thu FOX Nov. 5 7:57 PM

*IF NEEDED

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

And the Yankees go down in game one :) Cliff Lee, Chase Utley and the rest of the Phillies beat the Yankees 6-1 last night :) Utley had 2 solo homers and Lee went the distance. The Yankees scored their only run in the 9th off a Jimmy Rollins error.

Go Phillies :)

5. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Yankees won Game 3 last night now they're up 2 games.

Go Yankees!!!

6. Destiny

I found this story a while back and I don't think I posted the link. Friend won’t forget slain Phillies fan
    <Snip> "Which is where nine months after the best night of their lives, Dan Curran watched Dave Sale get beaten to death."

For more on the story click the link and have a tissue if you cry easily.

Just to keep up here...
    Yankee's 3 - Phillies 2

Gm 1 PHI 6 @ NYY 1 - Wed Oct. 28
    Gm 2 PHI 1 @ NYY 3 - Thu Oct. 29
    Gm 3 NYY 8 @ PHI 5 - Sat Oct. 31
    Gm 4 NYY 7 @ PHI 4 - Sun Nov. 1
    Gm 5 NYY 6 @ PHI 8 - Mon Nov. 2

Gm 6* PHI @ NYY Wed Nov. 4, FOX 7:57 PM

Gm 7* PHI @ NYY Thu Nov. 5, FOX 7:57 PM

*IF NEEDED

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  7. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Philies Won Game 5!!!

YES!

Go Phils! The yanks can just go wherever they go 'cause they're lame. I really would have loved to see different teams in there, say the Dodgers and the Angels, especially 'cause I don't get the phils, and I loathe the Yanks, but Lets Go Phils. The yanks win it ever year, and even have one or the the toes. Bleargh.

8. Destiny

*I hate to say this but I will cause it's only right*

CONGRATS TO THE NEW WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS:
    The New York Yankee's

To the Phillies, let me just add that you were down 3-1, you brought it to Game 6, congrats on that and your hard work and getting to this point.

9. Shytownmofo

:angryrazz::mad::scream::censored: @ the Yankees winning yet again. I hate the Yankees. How many times have they won in the past few years? Too damn many. It's like they always buy a championship, and so many of the other teams can't so much as smell a championship because of them. :( And don't even get me started on the Red Sux. The whole Red Sox Nation thing has gotten way, way old, now. :rolleyes:

10. Destiny

LMFAO so I would say tell us how you feel but I don't think your allowed to go that far. ;)

Hey your talking to a Cleveland Indians fan need I say more? :wtf:

11. Shytownmofo

Uh....:censored::censored::censored: Yankees Suck!:angryrazz: just about covers it. I'm definitely not allowed to go any farther. ;)

I do hear you though. Being from Chicago, I know a thing or two about not winning for awhile. Thank God for 2005. Now, if only everyone BUT the Yanks could win one.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

[​IMG] YIPEE and big kudos to the YANKEES phenomenal game A-Rod and Derek WOW. Way to go. Our whole family and friends are over the moon, the greatest baseball team on the earth:bolian:

13. Jacquie

I'll join Destiny and Shytownmofo in their congrats to the Yankees :brickwall: :censored: :brickwall: As long as their is a Steinbrenner in charge and they are willing to pay any player a ridiculous amount of money to put on the pinstripes I won't be a fan of theirs. I was rooting for the Phillies because it was anyone but the Yankees.

14. Jacquie

It's a sad day for Toronto Blue Jay fans but a happy day for Roy Halladay. The Doc has been traded to the Philadelphia Phillies. This trade involved 4 teams and 9 players. In trading for Halladay, the Phillies traded Cliff Lee to the Seattle Mariners, and outfielder Michael Taylor, rhp Kyle Drabek and catcher Travis d'Arnoud to Toronto. Toronto traded Taylor to Oakland in exchange for infield prospect Brett Wallace. The Phillies received 2 Canadian players Phillippe Aumont and Tyson Gillies and one other player.

The Jays will pick up part of Halladay's salary for next year. Halladay signed a three year extension with the Phillies.

Although I'm sadden to see Halladay go I can't blame him for leaving with the way JP Riccardi ran the club. I do wish Halladay all the best and it will be fun to follow him with the Phillies. I'm also thankful the Jays were able to make a deal for Halladay with any club other than the Yankees.

Halladay Traded to the Phillies

15. Destiny

Jamey Carroll has signed with the LA Dodgers as the UM (Utility Man) so he won't be returning to the team, he was a free agent. The SF Giants non tendered Ryan Garko making him a free agent (Ryan was traded from the Indians to SF as a 1B) The indians are said to be thinking about him.

Ryan though deserves congrats as he is newly married. Travis Hafner is said to be doing well and will be playing more then last year and should be no trouble, he to deserves congrats as he is a new daddy. Jake Westbrook deserves congrats on getting through winter ball without pain after his Tommy John surgery (he is suspected to be the number one starter this is his last season) he had been shut down off and on due to pain.