Baseball #2

Lets see if I can keep up with the trades.
Mark DeRosa to St. Louis
Ryan Garko to Giants
Raffie Betancourt to Rockies
Cliff Lee To Philly
Ben Francisco to Philly

Fausto Carmona returns from minors to ML rotation
Trevor Crowe Recalled to replaces Ben,
Andy Marte Recalled to replace Ryan,

Yep thats it, except the rumor of Victor Martinez being traded is still long and big. OY!

Last edited:
Yep thats it, except the rumor of Victor Martinez being traded is still long and big. OY!
Well that is no longer a rumor. They traded Victor to Boston.

This is a very, very emotional goodbye for Victor. He sat in front of his locker, with his son, Victor Jose, in his lap and sobbed after getting the news. He spoke to reporters with black sunglasses hiding his red eyes.

Here was his goodbye,
CLEVELAND -- Victor Martinez sat in front of his locker one last time in the Indians' clubhouse Friday afternoon, with his 4-year-old son, Victor Jose, in his lap.

Martinez sobbed as he explained to his son that he had just been traded to the Red Sox.
"My wife has been talking to him a little bit," Martinez told reporters soon after. "He woke up this morning, and the first thing he said was, 'Daddy, are we still an Indian?'
"I told him, 'So far, yes,' and he started screaming, 'Yes! Yes!'"

But around noon ET on Friday, talks between the Red Sox and Indians heated up. And around 3 p.m., an hour before baseball's non-waiver Trade Deadline, the swap sending Martinez to Boston for Major League right-hander Justin Masterson and prospects Nick Hagadone and Bryan Price was consummated.

It was obvious, particularly after Wednesday's trade that sent reigning Cy Young winner Cliff Lee to the Phillies, that Martinez was on the block, especially considering the Lee trade brought the Indians a Triple-A catching prospect in Lou Marson.

Still, Martinez and his family held out hope that the Tribe would hold onto him. This was, after all, the organization that plucked him out of Venezuela as a 17-year-old shortstop and groomed him to become a three-time All-Star behind the plate.

Plenty of players talk about loving the team and the fans they play for, but Martinez lived it. And that was evident in the wake of the trade, as he spoke to reporters while wearing black sunglasses that hid red eyes.
"This is my house," he said. "I'm leaving my house."

It was general manager Mark Shapiro who informed Martinez he is leaving. In recent weeks, Shapiro has said goodbye to Lee, Ben Francisco, Ryan Garko, Rafael Betancourt and Mark DeRosa. But the trades of CC Sabathia last summer and Martinez now seemed the most difficult for him, on a personal level.
"I expressed something to [Martinez] that I truly feel," Shapiro said. "In my 18 years in this game, I have not had the privilege to be around a finer person, a finer teammate, a finer father, husband and friend than Vic. ... I know that he will be a friend long after his playing days and my GM days."

On the business side of the equation, the Indians have a wealth of young talent at catcher and first base and a need to cut costs for 2010. Martinez and his $7.1 million option for next year -- an option that increases to $7.6 million, now that he's been traded -- were no longer deemed to fit in.

But in trading the 30-year-old Martinez, the Indians are losing a field general, a clubhouse leader, a mentor to their young Latin players and, really, the closest thing they had to a team captain.
"Not even 'the closest thing,'" said Kelly Shoppach, who figures to take over the primary catching duties. "He was [the captain]. You don't have to wear a 'C' on your chest to be a captain."

Martinez's professionalism was on display as he addressed the trade. Though emotional, he spoke optimistically about joining a Red Sox team in the thick of the postseason race. He learned quite a bit about what it's like to be in a playoff atmosphere at Fenway Park when the Indians were bounced from the American League Championship Series in 2007.
"You know, I've heard a lot of great things about the Boston organization," Martinez said. "I'm excited to go to a team that gives everything on the field and is pretty tough to beat."

Martinez certainly had those attributes in his eight seasons with the Indians. He leaves not only with a career average of .297 with 103 homers and 518 RBIs but with a reputation as the type of player who picks his teammates up, through thick and thin.
"I always play hard," he said. "You don't want to be the only one on the field playing hard. You don't want to look around and see a lot of lazy players."

As Martinez looked around at his teammates Friday, he knew the goodbyes would be difficult. And telling his son about the trade was difficult, as well. "He didn't know what to say," Martinez said of Victor Jose. "The only thing he said is, 'What number are you going to wear?'"

Martinez, who told reporters at the All-Star Game that he wanted to retire with the Indians, will continue to wear No. 41, but it will be on a different uniform.
"I thought that I was only going to wear one uniform," he said. "It's not going to happen. I want to thank the Cleveland Indians for the opportunity and the fans. They were always there for me and the rest of my teammates, cheering for us."

Destiny I was surprised to see Cliff Lee getting traded :eek: was that the teams decision of did Lee ask to go :confused:

On the Blue Jay front Roy Halladay is still a Jay :) but truthfully for how long remains to be seen. The Jays were asking a lot for the Doc but Doc is also a free agent after next season. Although I don't want to see Halladay go I certainly wouldn't blame him if he wanted out of Toronto. He's played his whole career here and what does he have to show for it-one Cy Young Award. The Jays keep talking each year about 'next' year being more promising. Huh guys you're in 4th place in the American League East :eek:

On another Jay note, 3rd baseman Scott Rolen was traded to the Cincinnati Reds for 3rd baseman Edwin Encarnacion and pitchers Josh Roenicke and Zach Stewart. From reading articles in the local on-line papers Rolen asked to be traded for personal reasons

Lee had a year and two months, wanted to remain in cleveland and as an Indian. what it was with all these players a salary dump by our wonderful (said sarcasticly) GM.
Lee Was owned 8 mil in 10
Martinez 7 mil in 10
Betancourt 5 mil in 10
Garko and Francisco were up for arbitration
DeRosa was a FA in 10.

The Indians took $16 million off the books for 2010 by trading Cliff Lee and Martinez and their options for next season. None of the other players traded had guaranteed contracts for next year. Shapiro said the money saved on Lee and Martinez could factor into the club's offseason spending, which, prior to the most recent moves, was going to be non-existent. "We haven't been told anything explicitly as to where our payroll will be this winter," Shapiro said, "but I think what we looked at it in our conversations with Paul Dolan is that this would create an opportunity for us to be opportunistic. I wouldn't mention this in this context if I didn't think it was a possibility."

Alex Rios and the Blue Jays have parted way. Rios was placed on waivers last week and the White Sox claimed him. The Jays could have taken him off waivers, worked out a trade or just let him go. They opted for the last option which I scratch my head at. Why not work out a trade and get some players in return :confused:

Alex Rios and the Blue Jays have parted way. Rios was placed on waivers last week and the White Sox claimed him. The Jays could have taken him off waivers, worked out a trade or just let him go. They opted for the last option which I scratch my head at. Why not work out a trade and get some players in return :confused:

I think it's mainly to free up the salary. The Jays owed him like $60 million or so over three to four years. So, it's a good move for the Jays, because then they have all that money to potentially sign some impact players.

Hopefully a move that benefits both teams. Go White Sox!!!

Talk about needing a scape goat..
Manager Eric Wedge & Coaching Staff will not return for 2010 season

Seven years after it began, the Eric Wedge era of Indians baseball is over.

The Indians are in the early stages of what general manager Mark Shapiro referred to as a "reloading" period, and the reload will extend to the managerial position and the coaching staff.

At a press conference before Wednesday's doubleheader with the White Sox, Shapiro announced that Wedge and his coaches have all been relieved of their duties. Yet Wedge and his staff will stay aboard for the season's final six games, including the four-game set in Boston this weekend.

"I felt like that was the right thing to do," Wedge said. "The only thing I asked [ownership and the front office] was I wanted to know before we went to Boston. But whether they informed me two weeks ago or whenever, I'd still want to finish what we started this year. That's the right thing to do for the players, and one thing we've always done here is put the players first."

Wedge has apparently known his fate for several days, while the coaches -- including pitching coach Carl Willis, hitting coach Derek Shelton, bench coach Jeff Datz, first-base coach Luis Rivera, third-base coach Joel Skinner and bullpen coach Chuck Hernandez -- were informed of the moves following Tuesday's rainout.

The Indians, who are still on the hook to pay Wedge somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.3 million in 2010, are in the midst of an organizational review after two incredibly disappointing seasons.
Team owner Larry Dolan, team president Paul Dolan, Shapiro and assistant GM Chris Antonetti have been meeting to discuss, among other things, the managerial situation. It had been speculated for weeks that ownership might push the front office to make a change in the dugout.

In discussing the move with reporters, Shapiro, who said he never envisioned having to make this announcement, offered no real insight into that process. He even sounded a bit reluctant to be making the move, though he stressed that the decision was made collectively.

"We looked at things in their entirety," Shapiro said. "I'm not going to delve into specifics. I'll just say that, again, we arrived collectively that it was the right time for a change."

Once the 2009 season is over, the Indians will officially consummate the search to replace Wedge. An internal hire is considered unlikely. If that's the case, then the Tribe will go outside the organization to hire its manager for the first time since John McNamara took over in 1990.

It is possible that some members of Wedge's staff will stay on, if the new manager sees fit.

Shapiro also declined to discuss what he'll be looking for in the next skipper. But it's obvious the Indians have room for improvement in the standings.

With a 64-92 record, entering Wednesday's play, the Indians are wrapping up their worst season since going 68-94 in 2003, which was Wedge's first year at the helm. The club is in danger of finishing in last place in an American League Central Division it had high hopes of winning coming into the year. The Indians have never finished last in the history of the Central. The last Tribe team to finish at the bottom of the division was the 1991 club, which finished seventh in the AL East.

Regardless of where the Indians finish, '09 can safely be labeled one of the more disappointing seasons in club history. And the fallout of that disappointment has been a major upheaval in player personnel.

The dismissal of the 41-year-old Wedge is the first major change among the organization's higher-ups, and it seemingly serves as the Tribe's mea culpa, of sorts, to a fan base frustrated by the recent trades of star players Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez. Wedge, the 2007 AL Manager of the Year, had been a frequent target of fan criticism throughout his tenure, and that criticism became even more pointed this year.

Did the Indians make this move to appease the fans?

"Our willingness to make unpopular moves indicates our willingness to do what we think is best for the franchise," Paul Dolan said. "Because in the end, what really matters to the fans is winning. We think this decision today will help us toward returning to a winning form."

Back in 2002, when Wedge was hired, he and Shapiro formed a partnership that was rare for a manager and general manager.

"I hired him as a Minor League manager and got a chance to see what he was all about and how special he is," Shapiro said. "He won me over in that role during the interviews, and he was everything I would have expected him to be [as a manager]. ... We live in a game and a business where seven years is a long time. I was hopeful we could avoid [this move], but we've arrived there."

The partnership began to erode over the past two years, as the Indians entered the '08 and '09 seasons with certain expectations, only to find themselves out of contention by the All-Star break. Slow starts, in general, have been a major knock on Wedge. His Tribe teams went a combined 73-96 in April.

Still, when the heat on Wedge was particularly scorching at midseason this year, Shapiro doused the flames by announcing that Wedge and his coaching staff would remain aboard for the second half and be evaluated at season's end.

But whereas the '08 club rebounded with a strong second half to reach the .500 mark, this year's team has floundered in September, sealing Wedge's fate. The Indians recently ended an 11-game losing streak that fell one loss shy of tying a club record.

In seven seasons, Wedge has compiled a record of 560-568, with one division title and playoff appearance in 2007, when the Indians finished one win shy of the World Series. Among the 39 full-time managers in Tribe history, Wedge ranks fifth in wins, third in losses and fourth in games managed.

By lasting seven years with the Tribe, Wedge had been the fifth-longest tenured current manager of a club. Only the Braves' Bobby Cox (hired in 1990), the Cardinals' Tony La Russa (1996), the Angels' Mike Scioscia (2000) and the Twins' Ron Gardenhire (2002) have been with their respective clubs longer.
"Eric has been the epitome of a team player," Shapiro said. "He's demonstrated consistency, strength, a tireless work ethic and, in my mind, is an exemplary leader. It's been a privilege to work with him, and I think everyone in this organization has benefited from his impact and will continue to benefit in the years to come."
There are more articles at Indians.com or at this MSG Board WTAM Radio.

Riiight.

They gutted the whole team this season, have pretty much purged themselves of everyone who was their under the previous ownership/GM, and now they're blaming the manager.:rolleyes: Maybe they need better than a AAA team. That's why Shapiro should go.

Riiight.

They gutted the whole team this season, have pretty much purged themselves of everyone who was their under the previous ownership/GM, and now they're blaming the manager.:rolleyes: Maybe they need better than a AAA team. That's why Shapiro should go.
Alot of peeps share that thought, so do I. I mean when they started out 0-5 okay take out the hitting or pitch coach get another, go down the line. But as you said they gutted the team, Dolan claimed that it was basically to appease the fans, BS honest BS. Shapiro admitted him and Eric butted heads. There were some that at the beginning of the season Eric wanted to stay up and some he thought should go back down. He wanted to keep Josh Barfield over Matt LaPorta. Josh worked his tail off learning all the positions, and I mean worked from his words before sun up to after sun down in goodyear.

Shapiro claimed that the gutting was due to the fact that they were low on money.. Well duh, but now look he is going to have to pay for a new manager, and shell out I think 1.3 Mil to Wedge whose contract was up in 2010. (I did post more in the thread on that other board if your interested regarding Wedge and his future). The Dolans made it clear Shapiro is safe in his job. The problem is while Shapiro was playing with the team members you here, you there, new guy in, etc. He wasn't proving he or the Dolans wanted to win crap, they were proving that they were a training camp for other teams. We train them, make them good and send the off to other teams to win.

But I have to give credit, Wedge is a classy guy, he wanted to know before the boston series, he wanted to know for him, his family, staff and most important as he put it his players. It was his idea to do the Press Conference at Progressive field and to talk with the players before hand. He knew all that time and managed not to even let the media see it or the players.

Wedge could only deal with what he was given, and Shapiro made sure it wasn't much. JMO

Okay first I am like a couple minutes shy of the times up on editing, and second what I am about to post is long and so is the thread above.

Blue Jays’ Gaston surprised at players’ criticism

BALTIMORE (AP)—Toronto Blue Jays manager Cito Gaston expressed surprise over stinging criticism from his own team, and insisted Friday he doesn’t feel the need to regain favor in his own clubhouse.
"If you’ve got two or three or four guys in there that have a problem, then you don’t have to win anything, do you?" Gaston said before Toronto began its final series of the season at Baltimore. "You might have to certainly deal with those guys, but you don’t have to win the clubhouse back."

The Blue Jays are 75-84 this year, though they carried a six-game winning streak into Friday night’s game against the Orioles.
Gaston, who guided Toronto to World Series championships in 1992 and 1993, took over a 35-39 team from the fired John Gibbons last year and guided the Blue Jays to a 51-37 mark over the remainder of the season.
"Over the course of eight months, you’re going to have issues arise. You’re going to have problems and complications. … Things have gone on a downward spiral just throughout the whole year," outfielder Vernon Wells said.

Published and Internet reports, using information attributed to players who spoke anonymously, began circulating Friday detailing widespread problems that players want addressed, including the perception that the 65-year-old Gaston displayed a negative attitude and a passive managerial style. They also reportedly complained that Gaston isn’t effectively communicating with them about playing time, and that a split exists between the coaches Gaston inherited last year and those he hired when he began his second tour as Toronto’s manager in June 2008.

Wells said he met Friday with teammates Aaron Hill and Rod Barajas to discuss the problems but didn’t outline a plan for resolving the grievances.
"What course of action we’re going to take, we don’t know," Wells said. "It’s a family. You go through issues and you have to figure out a way to do this in a family manner. We’re not out to bash anyone. It’s a touchy situation. It’s something that most of us, all of us in this clubhouse, have not gone through."

Any meeting, however, will include a large portion of the team, Wells added.
"I’m sure there will be a meeting and I’m sure it will be a large group," he said. "We’re all in this together, good or bad."

Informed that Wells told reporters that at least 50 percent of Toronto’s players believed problems existed with the manager, and that players were planning a meeting with interim team president Paul Beeston, Gaston said there was no reason to hold a meeting to clear the air.
"What would I say to them? I think I’ve done everything that’s right here," Gaston said. "I think I’ve treated everybody the way I’d like to be treated. I’m not sure what I’d call a meeting about. If they want to call a meeting and talk to me, that’s fine. But I don’t know what to say to them."

Barajas said the Blue Jays’ problems weren’t unlike those faced by many teams, but that concerns needed to be confronted instead of being left to fester.
"I’ve been on teams where the relationship between manager and players isn’t always the best and that makes for an unhappy clubhouse," Barajas said. "Usually, you’re not going to have much success on the field. But it happens— and it happens to a lot more teams than people think."

First baseman Lyle Overbay is one of those who wants Gaston to improve his communication. Overbay, who had expected to be a full-time player, found himself platooned with Kevin Millar as the season wore on.
"More than anything, I want to try to figure out what to expect for next year. It kind of caught me off-guard a little bit when I wasn’t playing. … (Gaston) never really said a lot. As we were winning, he was kind of sitting on the back burner, watching us play good," Overbay said.

Overbay said talk about meeting with management began a couple of weeks ago.
"We’ve got to figure it out. We’re not going to be a very good team if this goes on," he said.

Gaston isn’t convinced there’s widespread sentiment in the clubhouse that he needs to change.
"I think you have to go around to all those players and ask them that. I don’t think that you can … rely (on a few) players to find out," the manager said. "I think you need to talk to all of them. If it comes up to 50 percent, then, hey, maybe we’ve got a problem. I’d like to know what the problem is because I can’t be any fairer than I’ve been."

Out of the not so very surprising department the Toronto Blue Jays have fired General Manage J.P. Ricciardi. I just want to know what took them so long. Alexander Anthopoulos will be the new General Manager. Never heard of the guy but he's been the assistant General Manager.

The Toronto Blue Jays fired general manager J.P. Ricciardi Saturday after eight unsuccessful years on the job, that saw Canada's only major league baseball team continually shut out of the playoffs.
"This was a tough decision and a difficult one for me personally as I have enjoyed J.P.'s friendship and his perspective on the game," acting president and CEO Paul Beeston said in a statement.
"J.P. has put an incredible amount of effort into improving the team and he has brought along a number of great young players. However, I feel that it is time for a change and accordingly we have decided to move on."
Ricciardi had one year left on his contract. Montreal native Alexander Anthopoulos, who was serving as the team's assistant general manager and vice president of baseball operations, will take over the GM job.
The team made the announcement ahead of its second-last game of the season against the Baltimore Orioles.
The Jays, with a 75-85 record, are finishing a season where they performed well below expectations.
There are also reports that a number of players are unhappy with manger Cito Gaston, which explains the team's mid-season collapse after a strong start.
Those issues are expected to be addressed at a meeting between the players and Beeston this weekend.
Ricciardi joined the team in 2001, but failed to return it to the glory days of 1992 and 1993, when the Jays won back-to-back World Series titles.
The best record a Jays team managed to post under Ricciardi's stewardship was 87-75 in 2006, finishing second in the American League East. However, they never it made it to the post-season while he was on the job.
In addition to losing teams, allegations of mismanagement also plagued Ricciardi. When he let it be known earlier this year that he was open to trading pitching ace Roy Halladay, his overtures to other teams made him appear disloyal to one of his star players.
In recent years, he has also taken heat for questioning whether former pitcher A.J. Burnett was as injured as he claimed, and for high-priced deals for players, such as Frank Thomas and B.J. Ryan, that went on to under-perform.
His blunt speaking style also alienated fans and foes alike.
He criticized pitcher Gil Meche for signing with Kansas City instead of Toronto
"When a guy talks about coming to our place where he has a chance to win and compete against the Yankees and the Red Sox, and then he goes to a place like Kansas City, that's an eye-opener," Ricciardi said of pitcher Gil Meche when he chose to sign with Kansas City instead of Toronto in the winter of 2006.
In response to the comments, Royals manager Buddy Bell called Ricciardi, "a little guy with a big mouth and all he does is whine. ... Every time I hear this guy talk, all he's doing is whining."
Meanwhile, in addition to sorting out the players' problems with their manager, the team is also still hunting for a permanent president who must establish a vision for the team's future.
With files from The Canadian Press

I was going to post that but couldn't get the time this morning. as to the new GM.. Here are some links I found if they might help.

An Interview with Alex Anthopoulos - March 2009

Fan590 You can listen to him

Apparently being the Ass GM he was also or still is lol vice president of baseball operations. He is also the one who started coming out and doing interviews when Ricciardi kept stepping in it to say the least.

Wish they would have kept Wedge and let Shapiro go lol. He says he is to blame mostly and then fires Wedge, shoot the only reasons the owners of the Tribe fired Wedge is to appease fans who didn't like him. Shapiro give his bad lemons and he [Wedge] is suppost to make tasty lemonade? don't think so. Victor Martinez recently did an interview on the firing of Wedge and he put it all on the Dolans (owners) and Shapiro (GM) two of whom traded Victor to the Red sox. I think he summed it up nicely..

"I appreciate that now, a lot, all the things he did for me," Martinez said. "He made me a better player. Not only myself. He was a manager that made sure he got everybody ready to play the game. That's big. He lets the players take care of things in the clubhouse. That's something that's great, too. Sometimes it's hard to hear the truth, but he was a guy that's going to tell you the truth. You've got to be a man to play this game, and he really helped me a lot."

"It's pretty sad how everything ended up. It's not their fault, man. It's way easier to blame one guy than 25. What else can they do? The owners give whatever they give to them, and you just go out and compete, and you know how it is. If you want to really compete in the big leagues, you've got to put a really good team together. The team we had, they didn't want to keep it together. That's their thinking. That's their own stuff."

POST SEASON UPDATE!!

These are the teams that Will move on, then after that who they play and then the schedules as it goes.

Division Series:
Yankees Move On
Gm 1 MIN 2 @ NYY 7 Wed Oct. 7
Gm 2 MIN 3 @ NYY 4 Fri Oct. 9
Gm 3 NYY 4 @ MIN 1 Sun Oct. 11

Angels Move On
Gm 1 BOS 0 @ LAA 5 Thu Oct. 8
Gm 2 BOS 1 @ LAA 4 Fri Oct. 9
Gm 3 LAA 7 @ BOS 6 Sun Oct. 11

Dodgers Move On
Gm 1 STL 3 @ LAD 5 Wed Oct. 7
Gm 2 STL 2 @ LAD 3 Thu Oct. 8
Gm 3 LAD 5 @ STL 1 Sat Oct. 10

Phillies Moves On
Gm 1 COL 1 @ PHI 5 Wed Oct. 7
Gm 2 COL 5 @ PHI 4 Thu Oct. 8
Gm 3 PHI 6 @ COL 5 Sat Oct. 10
Gm 4 PHI 5@ COL 4 Sun Oct. 11

Next UP: Times not set by time of this post

League Championship Series:
AL: Game Matchup Day Date Time ET TV
Gm 1 LAA @ NYY Fri Oct. 16 TBD FOX
Gm 2 LAA @ NYY Sat Oct. 17 TBD FOX
Gm 3 NYY @ LAA Mon Oct. 19 TBD FOX
Gm 4 NYY @ LAA Tue Oct. 20 TBD FOX
Gm 5* NYY @ LAA Thu Oct. 22 TBD FOX
Gm 6* LAA @ NYY Sat Oct. 24 TBD FOX
Gm 7* LAA @ NYY Sun Oct. 25 TBD FOX

NL: Game Matchup Day Date Time ET TV
Gm 1 PHI @ LAD Thu Oct. 15 TBD TBS
Gm 2 PHI @ LAD Fri Oct. 16 TBD TBS
Gm 3 LAD @ PHI Sun Oct. 18 TBD TBS
Gm 4 LAD @ PHI Mon Oct. 19 TBD TBS
Gm 5* LAD @ PHI Wed Oct. 21 TBD TBS
Gm 6* PHI @ LAD Fri Oct. 23 TBD TBS
Gm 7* PHI @ LAD Sat Oct. 24 TBD TBS

World Series:
Game Matchup Day Date Time ET TV
Gm 1 NL @ AL Wed Oct. 28 TBD FOX
Gm 2 NL @ AL Thu Oct. 29 TBD FOX
Gm 3 AL @ NL Sat Oct. 31 TBD FOX
Gm 4 AL @ NL Sun Nov. 1 TBD FOX
Gm 5* AL @ NL Mon Nov. 2 TBD FOX
Gm 6* NL @ AL Wed Nov. 4 TBD FOX
Gm 7* NL @ AL Thu Nov. 5 TBD FOX

*IF NEEDED

Congrats go out to Travis Hafner and his wife, Amy, who became the proud parents of a baby boy Wednesday.

Here's the best part. The kid's name? Blake Lee Hafner.

I asked if the name is an homage to two of Hafner's former teammates (he was particularly good buddies with Casey Blake) and was told that Pronk simply loved the name Blake and is firmly expecting to get all kinds of grief from the Dodgers third baseman.

Little Blake is not so little. He weighed in at 9 pounds, 6 ounces.

The Hafner family is said to be doing well.

Just trying to keep everyone updated as of oct. 17th.

League Championship:

AL: NYY 2- LAA 0
Gm 1 LAA 1 @ NYY 4 Fri Oct. 16
Gm 2 LAA 3 @ NYY 4Sat Oct. 17
Gm 3 NYY @ LAA Mon Oct. 19 4:13 pm FOX
Gm 4 NYY @ LAA Tue Oct. 20 7:57 pm FOX
Gm 5* NYY @ LAA Thu Oct. 22 7:57 pm FOX
Gm 6* LAA @ NYY Sat Oct. 24 4:13 pm FOX
Gm 7* LAA @ NYY Sun Oct. 25 8:20 pm FOX

NL: PHI 1 - LAD 1
Gm 1 PHI 8 @ LAD 6 Thu Oct. 15
Gm 2 PHI 1 @ LAD 2 Fri Oct. 16