Back in business! - Email Carmine Giovinazzo

^ OMG! That man should feel extremely flattered. That's like the fifth "Carmine" I've heard of now. :eek: He must be the envy of every guy on the block. :lol:

OMGOMGOMGOMG
Carmine Giovinazzo wrote back to me. O_O *faints*

Short response, but still, I am TEH HAPPY :) *grinning like an idiot*
He wrote: "thank you for the sketch and the kindness....cdg"

... This is what I wrote, total fangirling, but still XD...

Carmine Giovinazzo,

Hi. I am a fan of yours from Singapore. I catch CSI NY every week.
Season 2 has just started showing a while ago here. I did love Season 1 for the harsh coldness, but the new color and spirit of Season 2 looks great too. Can’t describe it other than it feels really vibrant. Kinda like New York, I guess.
Your performance is wonderful. “Bad Beat” was on a couple of weeks ago. In the end, when you were yelling at the Camera Guy who murdered the weather girl, I could really feel Danny’s rage. You also have amazing chemistry with
the cast. I particularly love your exchanges between Eddie Cahill and Gary Sinise. It’s like you all have been friends since you were kids.
I draw a lot of comics and you guys had been inspiring a lot of pieces. I attached a recent result. It’s Danny and Don rushing off to lunch break… (Or a crime scene LOL) Hope you like it.
Just like to let you know I really love all the hard work you did for the series. I’ll continue staying glued to the screen. Wish you luck for the
upcoming Season 3!

And I attached the Danny and Don pic I did a while back.

here:

http://johanirae.livejournal.com/99017.html#cutid1

TEH HAPPY :D

johanirae I don't think your email was too fangirly. It was nice and to the point. :)

I also liked your drawing. Great work girl! :D

Hehe, thanks Bluegirl. Am glad he bothered to take a look :D He prob gets a jammed inbox everyday or something

This whole "send me your address and I'll send you a picture" is a really sweet gesture on his part. A year ago, we were worried that fame would get to this guy's head and he'd stop emailing. Now, not only is he still in touch via email, he's sending out signed photos as well! Amazing.

I got email last Sunday btw. A reply to my Trapped review and some other stuff. :)

waouh johanirae!!! you are so talented!!!! i love your draw :D

Tala what did he tell you? sorry i'm curious lol but if you do'nt wanna share, nor problem lol
i can't wait to receive the pic he promessed me :lol:

tala said:
This whole "send me your address and I'll send you a picture" is a really sweet gesture on his part. A year ago, we were worried that fame would get to this guy's head and he'd stop emailing. Now, not only is he still in touch via email, he's sending out signed photos as well! Amazing.

I got email last Sunday btw. A reply to my Trapped review and some other stuff. :)

I was thinking about that, too. Fame -- fans -- then the distance between him and the fans. But it seems as if he still has his feet firmly on the ground... which is very good.

D'you know johanirae, I came across some of your art the other day, and I really love it. :D (Particularly "Reasons," just because I'm so fangirly and I love my Danny/Flack slash. :lol:)

I love hearing that he's written back to you guys, it's just so awesome. :)

johanirae, that's an amazing picture! I'm not surprised at all that he loved it. :D

johanirae, you sketch is really good! I think I've seen a few others of yours before though and I liked those too. Something else I have to say is that I LOVED that you addressed him using his entire name. :lol: That cracked me up.

johanirae your sketch is really, really good.

People name their vibrators?? :eek: Hmmmmmmmmmm..........let's see......... :lol:

I have been updating Carmine about the Community Changers week and he's so good to answer. This was the one he answered yesterday. His reply is first and I'll also post my e-mail.

thanks for all the good PR... you rock... and they roof what a combo... best....cdg

Hey,

That ended up being the title of the study I used when talking to the 350+ teenagers on Tuesday night. I already pretty much gave you the outline, but I wanted you to know that it went GREAT. I think it went over really well and I was even more excited because not only did several guys and girls come up and talk to me about self- worth and appreciating people etc... but also a bunch of them that had never watched CSI:NY are now very interested in watching it and asked me what times it comes on and stuff. I have my Season One DVD's promised out for about the next year!!! HAAAAAAAA! And your website will be getting tons of hits from teenagers in the coming days!

And just to brag on the kids for a bit, the work they did with CASA this week was doing roof repairs, painting homes, and building wheelchair ramps for elderly and disabled families. The Community Changers group completed 36 jobs last week, and five of those were MAJOR roofing jobs. I was so proud of them!

So, there's the update and I want to thank you again for being so incredibly wonderful to your fans! Your attitude and appreciation made for a great encouragement talk and built you an even bigger fan base!

As the teenagers said all week, "You rock my socks off!"

Take Care,
Susan

^ That's awesome, MedicWarrickLvr! Great project you were involved with and great job tying Carmine into it. :D The roofing bit had to impress him since he re-roofed his own house. I love readings your e-mails too because they're a little more significant than most of what we send him.

Johanirae, my fellow artist friend, you need to post more here, man. :p Leaving me all alone to traumatize the guy with my art, what. :lol: ;) :D

Nice to see he's still replying emails! And great work, MedicWarrickLvr! So cute the kids wanna watch CSI:NY now. :)

Aw thanks for all the comments about the drawing guys!

lookaboomerang, I addressed him by his full name because er well, I couldn't bring himself to call him Carmine, as if I know him personally... and Mr Giovinazzo sounded as if I was a tax collector XD. LOL

Kimmychu, would love to post more stuff here, just not sure about TalkCSI's policy on slash, even if it is PG. I dun have a lot of gen stuff XD

Oh yeah, he mentioned in that Hello mag interview that he did repairs for his lovely house, right? *has thoughts of Carmine in a wifebeater, all sweaty and dirty from all that DIY wood work* ....... Arghhh. *faints*

Back