Attention: LV Renewed S-9, Contract Info *No Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: Attention: LV Renewed S-9, Contract Info

Speedy, I was thinking the exact same thing when I read that post, and here you beat me to saying it! :) I wonder if they're trying to appeal to a younger audience with this new character? If so, I say BLEAH!! Give us ONE SHOW, please, that's not all about the younger demographic. :(

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well maybe with Gary leaving they will promise Eric a bigger part of the show now. I know he said on the DVD for Season 7 that he was still very happy to be on the show, so I really do not see him leaving, but who knows.

Gary leaving does not really surprise me too much. I like Warrick but he was probably my second least favorite next to Sara. It is weird though loosing two in one season.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Marg has already said in a recent interview that she is staying one more season. We know William is staying, George has always said he'd stay until the end. TVGuide did say Marg and George have re-signed (I believe TVGuide over E-news). Of course its always Eric who is overlooked/not mentioned. I expect him to stay as well or at least I hope he will.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Gary Dourdan is a wonderful actor, but the powers that be went on and on with the GSR and Cathdrama and like a lot of us, Gary got sick of it and has decided to move on.

Can't say I blame him. Who wants to be simply eye candy for the show when you've got the ability to do more.

5. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

i am very pissed gary is leaving, i know he is having trouble off camera, but I love warrick, he is the rock or was the rock. $#|! damn!

6. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Updated news on Gary leaving CSI - He was apparently fired!!!

From TVGuide.com
    Exclusive: Were Dourdan and Neal (Gulp) Fired?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I was reminded of how true those words were this week following my back-to-back exclusives that CSI and Law & Order: SVU would be losing Gary Dourdan and Diane Neal, respectively.

Initially, I reported that the actors were leaving for the most mundane of reasons: Both of their contracts were up, and they had decided to move on. But in the hours that followed the posting of those stories, new information came to light that now calls into question my original sources the exact circumstances surrounding the exits — specifically, whether the stars were leaving of their own accord or if they had been shown the door.

In the case of Dourdan, an insider at the show insists that he and CSI execs "mutually agreed" to part ways for "creative reasons." However, a CBS mole claims the 41-year-old actor was essentially fired, adding that producers are trying to be "as supportive and protective" of him as possible by portraying the departure as mutual. That same mole wasn't willing to share the specific reason for Dourdan's ouster, except to say that it involves an "ongoing problem personal to Dourdan."

That doesn't exactly narrow it down. In 2005, Dourdan pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery and was ordered to stay away from then-girlfriend Anne Greene and attend domestic-violence counseling. And last July, a video of him allegedly attacking a TMZ photographer made the rounds on the Web.

Meanwhile, CBS still won't officially "confirm or deny" that Dourdan is on his way out, even as a search for his replacement is underway. Repeated calls to the goodbye guy's camp went unreturned.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well that can't be for sure that he was fired. They even said they are not positive. But he is seen a lot on TMZ and shows like that. I never see any of the other cast members on it. He may have personal problems we know nothing about.

8. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I am really sad to hear about Gary's contract. Warrick will be sadly missed from CSI. Not to mention my favourite relationship (which is better not be discussed here :p)

9. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

That doesn't exactly narrow it down. In 2005, Dourdan pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery and was ordered to stay away from then-girlfriend Anne Greene and attend domestic-violence counseling. And last July, a video of him allegedly attacking a TMZ photographer made the rounds on the Web.

Meanwhile, CBS still won't officially "confirm or deny" that Dourdan is on his way out, even as a search for his replacement is underway. Repeated calls to the goodbye guy's camp went unreturned.[/quote]

Hmm wow, im not suprised either by this statement.

As fans of the show, we only see the end results, who knows what happens when they're filming it.

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Both BuddyTV and Entertainment weekly state that Gary could return for guest appearances in future episodes. Why would that happen if he was fired? Its confusing and I am beginning to think that Michael Ausiello may be mistaken. Confusing reality with fantasy? Perhaps its Warrick and not Gary who was fired???

11. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I don't think Gary is fired and I don't believe everything what Ausiello said, he lied about everything. I think Gary told them, he is leaving the show and he will be back as guest star like Sara will. I think his character is fired from his job, because he can't leave thing along for Gedda or something.

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

It is sad that Gary is leaving the show, but I suppose if he has lots going on outside of CSI it's best for him to leave and get sorted out, maybe if CSI continues after season 9 he could be back? There's always hope..

But as others have said, I think CSI is strong enough to survive without 2 of the cast, and with Billy, and hopefully Marg, George, Eric etc back it'll be still just as good.

13. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

It's sad if Gary leaves the show. Warrick is a cool character, but he was never my favourite (neither was Sara) but I don't like him leaving. I hated the fact that Jorja left also. They are a strong cast and any character going is sad. But I agree on the fact that the show will still be good and the actors are good enough to keep the show running.

14. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Warrick wasn't my fave character to but he always was around! I'll miss him a lot... Luckily ma faves stay - George, Marg and of course Bill. The show will stay the best and here's no other options:)

15. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Looks like the Gary situation worked out the best for CSI, now that he has been busted for drugs