Attention: LV Renewed S-9, Contract Info *No Spoilers*

Re: Attention: LV Renewed For Season 9

as well as going back to the theatre in November / December, Billy Petersen is going to be doing a play in the summer of 2009 (links on the Billy thread here, too lazy to go dig it out right now :wtf: ).

So if he signs up for season 9, surely it won't be for that many episodes? He's always taken a break when CSI isn't filming in the summers. I can't see him filming CSI for months then going to do a play straight away.

Just found this on TV Guide's website as Breaking news.
Exclusive: William Petersen Uncovers New CSI Deal

The evidence is in and it's irrefutable: Grissom will remain on the CSI beat for at least one more season — albeit with an asterisk.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that William Petersen — whose pact with the show was set to expire in May — has agreed to stick around through the 2008-09 TV season (and perhaps beyond). Although the specifics of his new deal were not disclosed, a CSI insider tells me it's both lucrative (read: $$$) and brimming with "out" clauses (read: the asterisk I spoke of earlier).

In fact, Petersen already has his first "out" lined up: This fall, the actor will return to the stage in Conor McPherson's A Dublin Carol, which kicks off a six-week run in his hometown of Chicago in mid- November. As you'll recall, Petersen missed four episodes of CSI in early 2007 to headline a Rhode Island production of Dublin Carol. Shakespearean thesp Liev Schreiber stepped in to fill the Grissom void, only to get a shot death in his final episode.
William Petersen Renews Contract

Re: Attention: LV Renewed S-9, Contract Info

Stars Renewing Contracts:

"CSI" star Petersen returning for ninth season

If you get info on other stars please Pm us and we will also post it in here to keep folks up to date. :)
Dizzney posted a link to the Tv Guide article and above in the quote is another one, the quote is from page/post one, where we are going to try keeping track of who signs and such. as it states let us know if you hear anything on the others and we will update the info.

Also note the change in the title, its there to reflect what this thread is about. ;)

YIPPIE. Another season and Billy is back. :bolian: Even if he is back for a few shows that is better than nothing. Also is anybody getting tickets to his play?

Yaay!! :D I'm so happy that Billy has renewed his contract. Thanks for the info. :D

:thumbsup:Yaaaaay,another year with Billy :drool: Thanks for the info ;)

Yesssssssssssssss :beer:
So sweet.

Hope there was a clause in his contract saying "No on-screen beard-shaving -you grow a beard, you trim it ... and keep it" :D

From TVGUide.com OMFG!! I was shocked when I saw this....

Exclusive: Gary Dourdan Quits CSI!

With all the attention focused on William Petersen's successful contract negotiations, this ginormous scoopbit nearly slipped right by: Sources confirm to me exclusively that original CSIer Gary Dourdan — whose contract is also set to expire next month — has informed producers that he is leaving the show. Although a precise timeframe is not known, CSI's May 15 season finale could serve as Warrick's swan song.

Regarding Dourdan's exit, a CBS spokesperson says, "We can't confirm or deny this information."

This is the second major departure to rock CSI this season. As anyone with a pulse and/or access to TVGuide.com knows, Jorja Fox made her final appearance as Sara in November. The good news: Marg Helgenberger and George Eads are expected to follow Petersen's lead and re-up with the show.

Meanwhile, CSI execs aren't wasting any time searching for Dourdan's replacement. I'm told producers have put out a casting call for a new male series regular in his late twenties to early thirties to play Ray Santoro, a "handsome, smart and athletic" CSI who transfers from Henderson to join the graveyard shift at the Las Vegas crime lab.

as much as a have liked warrick, i wont miss him. and i can understand gary wanting to leave. seriously, the last 2 or 3 seasons have felt like 'warrick? warrick who?'. i cant remember anything significant warrick has done in the last few seasons. and when they tried they failed miserable with cockroaches. must be frustrating to be on such a high profile show and yet have a part in it that is completely forgetable.

Wow, well that was one actor, I really didn't expect to call it quits, but I do agree with what ALLMAPLE posted. It's kinda to bad that two main cast members have called it quits in one season, but CSI is strong enough to continue on (well at least in my eyes anyway), seeing they got Billy and Marg back for another season...and it sounds like they will have George.

All the best to Gary in his future endeavors!

Wow this is certainly a surprise about Gary Dourdan. I've always liked the interaction that Nick and Warrick have had over the years. Now is this just a ratings ploy or is it true?

I just read what allmaple posted on the previous page and I have to agree with what she says. Gary's story lines have been non-existent.

Last edited:

I wish it was a rating ploy but that's highly unlikely. I think its a shame that TPTB and the CSI writers could do nothing for Warrick's character the past few yrs except give him a bad marriage and a divorce, addict him to drugs and accuse him of murder. They could have done so much but chose to focus themselves elsewhere. Quite frankly I do not blame him for leaving. I do not miss Sara but I will miss Warrick.

We know William,Marg, and George will be back but what about Eric? As usual he is not mentioned.

Last edited:

Gary quit? I don't blame him, because he doesn't have a much of a part. What about Nicky? Who will keep him balance without his best friend? I always like Nick and Warrick working together. I hope Carol change his mind. I wouldn't be surprise Eric quit CSI, because he hasn't have a big story line since fifth season and last season of 3 episode or more, but he won't.

Last edited:

The following is from E Online:

Crime scene investigation no longer pays for Gary Dourdan.
The CSI star, who has been with the ratings-grabbing CBS franchise since its 2000 debut, has chosen not to renew his contract, paving the way for his character's exit on the upcoming season finale.
According to TV Guide, which first reported the news of Dourdan's departure, it was the star who informed producers that he would be leaving the show rather than the other way around.
No timetable for his exit has been announced, but his contract is set to expire next month, making the show's May 15 finale the likeliest venue for Warrick Brown's final bow.
The network, meanwhile, is refusing to discuss the shake-up.
"We can't confirm or deny this information," a CBS spokesperson told E! News.
Dourdan's Brown, a recovering gambling-addict-turned-top-CSI-analyst and sometime love interest to Marg Helgenberger's Catherine Willows, ups the show's body count this season.
In November, fellow original castmember Jorja Fox, who played Sara Sidle, left CSI after what could generously be described as rocky contract negotiations with show producers, eventually failing to come to terms on a mutually acceptable salary boost.
William Petersen, aka CSI's stoic ringleader Gil Grissom, fared better earlier this month, when it was announced he had finally signed on to a ninth season, albeit for a reduced number of shows. His deal worked out to an average payday of $600,000 per episode, cementing his status as one of the small screen's highest paid actors.
CBS appears to be wasting no time in replacing Dourdan.
According to TV Guide, producers have already issued a casting notice for a male series regular in his late 20s to early 30s to take on the role of Ray Santoro, a "handsome, smart and athletic" CSI who takes on the graveyard shift at the crime lab.
While fellow original full-timers Helgenberger and George Eads have yet to sign new contracts, both are expected to following Petersen's, rather than Dourdan and Fox's, footsteps and return to the show next fall.

The bolding is mine!

Looks like Marg and George haven't renewed their contracts. I really hope they both do.

I am so going to miss Gary and the scenes between Warrick and Nick. They were some of the best of CSI. Now their looking for another Nick type. I don't think so. I mean the "handsome, smart and athletic". Sounds like the description when they were casting Nick Stokes. Though I'm sure he wouldn't be like Nick. Maybe they will have these two butt heads, like they originally planned with Warrick & Nick.

Back