Around the weird:news of the bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
IT'S A SNAP--Secret top marriage may be all in the pants

Robert Fass has photographed and interviewed 37 couples married for at least 40 years for a project he hopes to turn into a book called "As Long As We Both Shall Live"--Long Married Couples In America''People always aks me, "What's the secret" and I say, "They seem to like to wear the same pants", Fass says. One of the couples he captured on film wears matching plaid pants, and another couple recently who were "both wearing baggy-faded jeans" Fass says he has gotten pearls of wisdom from them such as ''The 3 words that save a marriage are not "I love you, "but "maybe you're right" Fass work can be viewed at longmarriedcouples.com

this happened a bit ago in Arizona, I think:

a man caught a mouse in his house and put in in a paper bag. Outisde, he put the bag in a brush fire that he had. Unknowingly, the mouse escaped (on fire) and ran back into the house, where it happened catch the rest of the house on fire.

-heard over the radio one morning.

Wouldn't getting a mousing cat be easier?

SCREENERS FIND HUMAN HEAD IN LUGGAGE :mad:ewwwwwwwww

Fort Lauderdale, Fla.--Airport baggage screeners found a human head with teeth-hair and skin in the luggage of a woman who said she intended to ward off evil spirits with it-authorities said. Myrlene Severe, 30, a Haitian-born permanent U.S. resident, was charged Friday with smuggling a human head into the U.S without proper documentation. Customs and Border Protection officials found the head Thursday after Severe arrived at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport on a flight from Cap Haitien, Haiti--GROSS :( :eek:

Source- The Buzz- Ken White Review Journal

desertwind said:
A woman in India recently lost her life--because of ants--while she was recovering from cornea surgery in a New Delhi hospital. The woman complained about pain in her eye, but a nurse dimissed it as normal after surgery. The next morning the woman was dead. When the bandage was removed, big black ants were observed eating her eye---GROSS-DISGUSTING AND SICKENING

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- journalist--material provided by Wireless Flash News Service-The Las Vegas Review Journal

That makes me sick, It seriously does. Eww
That reminds me of this time I was little and I was like "Grandma my head hurts right here!" and she didnt look and she said "Oh its nothing" and then I went back to my moms house and I was like "Mommy my head hurts really bad here!" and she looked at it and there was a tick in my head and she had to do a miny surgry with tweezers and rubbing alcohol or something that smelled like it to disinfect it. Anyway after we called my grandma and she felt really bad. But still.. ouch.

desertwind said:
CHEESY STUDY :eek:

Pepperoni eaters like to argue-procrastnate :(

A person's choice of pizza toppings can give a taste of their personailty traits, according to the Chicago-based Smell & Taste Treatment and Research oundation, which recently conducted a pizza topping survey for Domino's Pizza. The study suggests that people who like pepperoni on their pizza tend to be argumemtative procrastinators-people who like mutiple meat toppings on their pies are novelty-seeking extroverts who insist on being the center of attention--veggies lovers are trustworthy and loyal and people who prefer pineapple and onion pizza are likely to be aggressive and achievement oriented but get impatient with fools- my question- is who pays these people to do these riduculous surveys- and how much do they get paid-- :eek:
bizzare- and dumb--

Source- The Buzz- Ken White-Review Journal

*cough* See Danny Messer, in "Trapped". XD

This is an awesome thread :)

From the CNet email newsletter:

Finally, we'll get our flying cars
Now please, I know that Woody Norris invented the air scooter already, but students from M.I.T. are promising a full-fledged flying car that runs on premium unleaded. The bad news is that it will be an SUV and seat only two people plus luggage. Wait, how can it be an SUV and seat only two people? I guess they're not so smart at M.I.T. after all. OK, yeah, they are. They're inventing a flying car, for goodness' sake. They can call it whatever they want. The flying car will run from 100 to 500 miles on a tank of gas and hopefully will hit the air highways sometime in 2009 or 2010.

Flying car

jorjafan- so nice- not many out there like him ;)and dynamo-how weird I'm serious :eek:

Pattaya, Thailand---She set a world record in 2002 for spending 32 days in a glass cage with 3,400 scorpions- :eek:I'M SURE- you couldn't pay me a million bucks to do that- :(anyway and he seT a Tahi record for enduring 28 days with 1,000 centipedeS-(same) On Tuesday, Thailand's Scorpion queen and Centipede King held their Valentine's day wedding (thye belong together) Kanchana Ketkaew's bridal gown was adorned with live live scorpions, while Bunthawee Siengwong enticed his bride by placing a live centipede in his mouth. "I like him and I like it that we were both up for a real challenge she said.-- these people are FREAKS- :mad: :( :eek:

Dynamo :D :D :D :Dgood one really- :lol: never thought of that- he'd probably love that- although even this is a bit weird for the "bugman" :D

Man accused of biting off girlfriends nose :mad:

Tulsa, Okla. A family sitting down to dinner had to call police and an ambulance after a man bit off the nose of his girlfriend :eek:. Jody Bennett, 37, came out of a back room of a north Tulsa residence on Thursday with a napkin over her face, and said her boyfriend, Greg Hill, 45, had just bittne off her nose :eek: Responding medics saw that Bennett's nose had been severed and called police. "We looked all around and tried to find it, but couldn't" a police spokesman said, "I think he swallowed it" EWWWWWWWWW :eek:GROSS- The couple were visiting from California and the other poeple at the house don't know what happened-they said

Source- The Buzz- Ken white- Review Journal

desertwind said:

Tulsa, Okla. A family sitting down to dinner had to call police and an ambulance after a man bit off the nose of his girlfriend :eek:. Jody Bennett, 37, came out of a back room of a north Tulsa residence on Thursday with a napkin over her face, and said her boyfriend, Greg Hill, 45, had just bittne off her nose :eek: Responding medics saw that Bennett's nose had been severed and called police. "We looked all around and tried to find it, but couldn't" a police spokesman said, "I think he swallowed it" EWWWWWWWWW :eek:GROSS- The couple were visiting from California and the other poeple at the house don't know what happened-they said

Uh, eww. Biting off a nose? I guess you can say the guy is a dedicated carnivore. :lol:

[/QUOTE]

omg! that is so crazy. she must have set him off about something! :eek:

Talk about WEIRD- please- there's a time for everything-a child a teenager- a young adult-a mother a grandmother- and this is a bit over the top-

WOMAN GIVES BIRTH TO 12TH CHILD AT AGE 62

Redding. Calif.--A 62-yr-old woman gave birth Friday to a healthy 6-pound-9 ounce baby boy, becoming one of the oldest women in the world to successfully bear a child. The newborn is the 12th child of Janise Wolf, who's also a grandmother of 20 and a great-grandmother of 3---Family members said the delivery at Mercy Medical Center went smoothly, despite earlier concerns about her health. Wolf and her third husband, Scott, 48, named the red-haried boy Adam. he follows just 3-1/2 years behind his oplder brother, Ian. Both boys are the only two children of Scott, who always wanted children. Wolf has given birth to a total of 12 children. The oldest woman on record to give birth is a 66-yr. old Romanian who had a C-section in 2005. Wolf is used to defying the odds. Blind since birth (OMG) she was a synchronized swwimmer in high school-worked as a piano-organ sales person and developed a passion for cooking--WOW- amazing

Source- The Buzz- Review Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back