Around the weird:news of the bizarre

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Desertwind, Dec 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

BiZARRE. ^^ Reminds me of how stupidity can just go so far. I love that fire story- must you really have a fire extinguisher around? All I'd use it for is that heat of embarrasment... lol:

2. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

[quote
    The fire quickly spread and burned down the club and the restaurant nex door

[/QUOTE]

wow that just goes to show you how stupid some people are!! it makes me feel smart :lol:

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

**The life expectancy of a mockingbird is 10 years

**Camel milk is the only milk that doesn't currdle when boiled

** Author John Grisham is the 16th cousin of Bill Clinton

** In Bulgaria and Greece a head nod means "NO" everywhere else it's a "YES"

**Private vehicles were forbidden in Bermuda until 1948

**Because of their elasticity, human lungs are 100% easier to blow up than a balloon

**First lady Eleanor Roosevelt ate three chocolate-covered garlic balls every morning. Her doctor told her it would improve her memory

**Rhubarb is in the buckwheat family

Source- Weekly World News

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I have heard the head nod one, but otherwise don't trust or believe the Weekly World News at ALL :) It is a mock Newspaper don't believe it.

5. Desertwind

NO RHYME OR REASON

World's a jungle for singing zoologist

Any songwriter can write about love but only Lucas Miller is writing about metamorphosis and symbiosis. Miller is a singing zoologist based in Austin, TX. who writes tunes about the animal kingdom instead of everyday human topics. The tunesmith's latest album, "I was A Supa-Dupa Pupa" includes ditties detailing the relationship between a clownfish and a sea anemone. Miller says the songs spill out, especially when he's writing about snakes because "lots of words rhyme with anaconda". So far the animals haven't responded to his music. "I did a concert recently near some foxes and they were nonplaused" he says

Source- AOL news

6. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

I'm going to guess that this belongs in the Random Facts thread. Interesting information, though.

7. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Cool never knew that...wish I did before going to Greece hehe j/k.

8. Desertwind

MISS-COMMUNICATION

Men get real kinky message from shoes

Women wear shoes to make statements but men get the completely opposite idea, says former footwear journalist Susan Reyolds, author of the new book, "hange our Shoes, Change Your Life". According to Reynolds, a woman who wears shoes with ankle-wraps wants to tell the world she has perfect ankles, but it tells men she's into bondage. A woman who wears athletic shoes thinks she's implying she's "sporty" but mene believe she never thinks about sex. And women might wear sandals because they feel they have gorgeous feet but Reynolds says men get the impression that the lady wants her toes licked right then & there " NOT "

Source- The Buzz- Ken White Review Journal

9. Desertwind

UNDERWATER RESORT PROPOSED FOR BAHAMAS

Malibu, CA.--Sleeping under the stars certainly has it's appeal. But how about sleeping under the waves? According to Robb Report magazine, a developer has proposed an underwater resort for the Bahamas. If it were to be built, the Poseidon Undersea Resort would sit on the ocean floor 60 feet beneath the surface. From sea level, guests would take an enclosed escalator to 20 undersea suites or pods attached to a central corridor. The proposed calls for depressurized rooms with thick acrylic windows providing views of sea life normally avaiable only to scuba divers and submarine sailors. Developer Bruce Jones, an Idaho business man would like to see the underwater resort built off Eleuthera. Robb Report listed the Poseidon proposal in it's Nov issue as part of a preview of forthcoming luxury lifestyle offerings

Source AOL News

10. Desertwind

CARRIER HANGING UP OARS

Last water postal route may be sinking

Neither rain-snow-sleet nor hail has kept Huey L. Collins from delivering the mail, nor has a body of water. That's because the 71-yr. old Collins is the last remaining postal carrier in America to deliver letters by boat. Since 1992 he has been delivering mail part time down the Magnolia and Fish Rivers in Magnola Springs, ALA. fending off the occasional snapping alligator. But by June of next year, when Collins contract will be up for bid again, he'll be calling it quits. That means the fate of the last water postal route will be up in the air. Yhe postal Service may decide to convert the route into a land route as it has been considering during the past few years

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- Review Journal

11. Desertwind

STUPID CRIMINALS

Redlands, Calif--Police say they had a lot of help nabbing a pair of car theft suspects---from the suspects themselves. The men left behind not only fingerprints, but also photos of themselves inside and outside the stolen 2001 Ford Mustang. The photos were taken with a disposable camera the suspects found in the Mustang. They left it behind when they abandoned the car. "These theifes aren't the brightest people" said a Redlands spokesman. The evidence led police Friday to their home in Redlands-- Albert Engelsman, 28 was wearing the same shirt as in the pictures. also arrsted ws his partner in crime Matthew Montanez 22

Source- The Buzz- Ken White- Las Vegas Review Journal

12. Desertwind

MORE BUZZ LITES

Carla Aguilera of Argentina spent a month in a male prison before an anonymous caller tipped police off that she is a woman. Aguilera originally told police in Buenos Aires her name was Manuel Martin Aguilar and no one questioned her gender. After close exmination, she was transferred to a female prison

A Tennessee prisoner was caught trying to sneak back into a jail carrying four McDonald's hamburgers. Burgers weren't the prisoner's only drug of choice. Police also found liquor, prescription pills and crack cocaine on the man

Tesco, on online grocery store in the U.K. is selling what might be the world's first musical sandwich. The packaging on the sandwich plays a medly of Christmas tunes when opened, using the same technology as a musical greeting card.

The Buzz- by Ken White-Las Vegas Review Journal-provided by Wireless Flash Service

13. glam_chic86

^What's gonna happen when you eat the sandwich? Will there be tunes coming from your stomach or is the sandwich not edable(sp) heh.

14. nessy

nessy Witness

Very true. I work for Tesco and it plays Jingle Bells. Someone must have opened the packaging slightly because it confused me to hear music when I was filling shelves next to it. Sounds like musical socks do which meant I searched for a dumped pair of socks in a chiller cabinet. :lol: Needless to say I didn't find any.

15. glam_chic86

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.