Around the weird:news of the bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.
the one with the lady dialing 911 because she was served cold onion rings is too funny, i cant believe someone actually will dial 911 for that

MAN HAD MOM'S BODY IN FREEZER FIVE YEARS--EWWWWWWWWW

La Crosse, Wis. A recluse accused of stuffing his dead mother ina freezer and shooting at neighbors who came to his door pleaded no contest in a deal with prosecutors. Philip Schuth, 52, entered the plea Friday to charges of hiding a corspe, recklessly endangering safety and second-degree attempted homicide. Prosecutor Scott Horne, said he would recommend an eith-year prison sentence. Schuth was arrested after an all-night stand-off with police at his detoriating house on French Island, outside La Crosse. The incident began when Schuth shot at the nieghbors and thier 10-yr. old son, after they tried to confront him about whether he had hit the boy. during negotiations with police, Schuth said he had his dead mother in a freezer in his basement. Officers found her encased in a block of ice. Schuth told investigators she died of natural causes in August 2000. An autopsy later confirmed his story-CREEPY

Source- Ken White -The Buzz- Las Vegas Review JOurnal

Scientists at the University of Texas think they've come up wit a better lie detector test using the stomach. The "electrogastrogram" measures changes in the sound of a persons stomach to detect whether they're lying or not

A South Africian woman's nose was bitten off by a seal after she tired to help it back into the sea. elsie van Tonder's nose was found but could not be reattached. She will undergo surgery to salvage whatever is left

Busty mannequins have been the target of a new morality drive in northeastern Iran. nearly 65 of the tailors dummies have been impounded by police from boutiques and clothes stores in Bojnourd in an effort to tackle problems of "public chastity"

Source- The Buzz- Ken White-Las Vegas Review Journal

A South Africian woman's nose was bitten off by a seal after she tired to help it back into the sea. elsie van Tonder's nose was found but could not be reattached. She will undergo surgery to salvage whatever is left.

My family is from South Africa, I told my dad and apparently he'd already read this. He thinks it's funny.

MAN WINS BITING BET, BUT ENDS UP IN JAIL

Port Jervis, N.Y.--A 19-yr. old man was behind bars Tuesday after being biting the head off a gecko in a bet. Derrick Ford was being held in the Orange County Jail on charges of felony animal cruelty, police said. Ford was at a friends home Sunday when someone bet him $10 that he would not bite the head off a gecko, police said. Ford won the bet, but police soon showed up and place him under arrest

MAN SHOT TO DEATH IN POLICE DEPARTMENT

Barre, VT.--A man was shot to death inside the town police station after pulling a knife on an officer who was photographing him, authorities said. Officer David Riddle shot 37-yr. old Randy Wiggin in a tiny room on Thursday, said Vermont state olice Capt. Tim Bombardier. The officer was not seriously hurt. Wiggin had been arraigned in court earlier in the day on a charge of violating a girlfriends temporary restraning order against him. The judge told him to report to the police station to be photographed and fingerprinted

Source- The Buzz- Ken White-Las Vegas Review Journal

Ok, this is from a portuguese paper-so i am translating..(it might not be that good!)

"a man killed his wife after comitting suicide"

"three miles of forests burned down..it is believed to have been a fire."

These two were both in the paper.

A South Africian woman's nose was bitten off by a seal after she tired to help it back into the sea. elsie van Tonder's nose was found but could not be reattached. She will undergo surgery to salvage whatever is left.

That sucks. You know, life without smell... well I was gonna say stinks, but .... :lol:

I heard on Virgin Radio UK the other day that a study in America has found that the internet is even more addictive than alcohol. I'm sitting here thinking *so true*.

I heard on Virgin Radio UK the other day that a study in America has found that the internet is even more addictive than alcohol. I'm sitting here thinking *so true*.
I heard that too, I also heard in one country (I can't remember which one) that they were setting up a help lines for people who are addicted to the Internet, apparently it is a huge problem in their country! :eek:

NEW SPANKING PADDLES GOOD FOR THE ENVIORNMENT

Artist John T. Unger has created something he claims is brand spanking new and enviornment friendly.---spanking paddles made from recycled street signs and tires. Unger, the creator of Bad Ass Paddles (www.tirepaddle.com) says he often works with recycled material and that tires are "such a hugh waste product, it's insane" Initally he wanted to line the metal paddles with used tires, but they "didn't have enough tread" to leave sufficent spank marks. Instead Unger uses leftover tire re-tread material. The artist offers spankers "The Original Bad Ass Paddle" "The Master Mechanic Tire Flogger' which he says is more flexible and delivers more sting, and the "Talkin'Trash Custom Tire Paddle" which includes the words of your choice in a street-sign motif.Unger is sure the "bondage and fetish crowd" will steer toward the tire paddles, but adds "there's gotta be some eco-freaks that are into some freaky stuff too"

Source -The Buzz- Ken White- Las Vegas Review Journal

GOOD ONE DYNAMO :rolleyes:

more around the weird-bizzare news briefs

Adrian Solomon, the mayor of Barlad Romania, has asked his assistant to follow him around with a fire extinguisher, just in case one of his constituents decides to set him on fire :eek:. He also has a photographer around him at all times to document the burning. The mayor has been under fire since he rejected a plan for cheap housing :lol:

A self-styled withc doctor in Huddersfield, England has been fined $583 for refusing to take a blood test after being pulled over when suspected of driving under the influence. Nyaria Mukandiwa says he refused to give a blood sample on the grounds that as a witch doctor, it was likly to send him into a zombie-like state----OK :devil:

Swiss strip club owner Benedict Frank was trying to prove his club was fireproof to health and safety inspectors, so he set some papers on fire to show there was nothing to worry about. The fire quickly spread and burned down the club and the restaurant nex door- (not the sharpest knife in the drawer) :devil:

Source- The Buzz- Ken White Las Vegas Review Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back