Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. LME

LME Police Officer

Yeah her and Sid have had some poinant moments as well as funny ones. I hope we see more of the 2 of them.

Would love to see more Adam and Lindsay, loved the Satan's Ring scene. I get such a brother/sister vibe from them. :lol:

I didn't? oh thats good, thought I may have been repeating myself. This may not be very PC (politically correct) in this day and age but I wonder if it is because she is not from NYC but a small country town (never been to Montana so I am just guessing here) and she is so small. She may have gone through all the police training and everything but perhaps she brings out their protective sides. They were also protective of Stella after the fire at her home and after Frankie.

:guffaw:can't wait for Jo to see a lindsay Demonstration.

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh yes! That was how it was called. Yep, it's so funny. :lol: They both indeed seemed like siblings with a new toy they had to try immediately. But my favourite still has to be Adam's reaction in Greater Good. Best WTF face ever. :lol: I wonder how it went then. How he took her to the hospital; did Lindsay try to calm Adam down? Because according to how nervous he was, i doubt he could really support her. I could see him sitting there, her grasping his hand and him feeling like he will faint every second. :lol:

:lol: That is cute! Yep, indeed she is small and cute, I guess that's why I believe Mac was pretty surprised when she tackled down the suspect in Zoo York. The guy was kinda big! I love that about her, she is small and looks quite innocent, yet she is so strong and tough.

I so wonder what she would do! :lol: I mean, Lindsay loves to show her demonstrations to everyone. I wonder if Jo would be surprised or even happily be part of it!

3. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

Lindsay was awesome in the Première , particularly the opening scene, a real powerful performance by Anna. You could really see how terrified Lindsay was for her family, but also how she was trying to hide it. It was also balanced out with anger, especially at the point where Shane Casey taunted them by hugging Lucy, I loved the look of rage on her face when she pulled the trigger. She really did great in that opening scene, I just love it was Lindsay who saved her husband and daughter, such a refreshing change from what you would usually get where it would be the husband coming to the aid of his wife and family in distress. They've had a couple of scenes where Stella has been kick-ass action chick, it was about time Lindsay got a turn. Especially as they've hinted at that side to her character in the past, but then seemed to just forget about it.

She did great in the aftermath too, you could really see just how emotionally drained she had become in the five moths after the shooting, I love the way that they managed to show that the whole ordeal had clearly affected her psychologically without making her into a total basket case. It just seemed a lot more realistic, so really love what the writers and especially, Anna with her performance, did there.

I really enjoyed her scene on the roof, first with Mac and then with Danny, the way that Danny reassured her that she was his hero and she should think about the life she saved, their daughter's, rather than the life that she took. That was definitely exactly what she needed to hear, so really great that he was there for her. They've really become so much more supportive of each other in the last couple of years, it's great to see that development to their relationship..

Lindsay also looks great in this episode, she really is beautiful.. Looked pretty dam Hot in her Dress Uniform. :adore: :drool:

4. LME

LME Police Officer

She really was good IMO. they say that the eyes are the windows to the soul and for me those eyes showed everything the fear, the shock, the panic. It was all there in her eyes.

You are right *NickStone* it really was great to Lindsay back in kick-ass action, it not something that we have seen that much of in latter seasions. I hope it continues.

I loved that scene with Adam and Lindsay in Greater Good too Brinchen. :lol::lol: Adams WTF face is priceless.

I also hope that TTB do not do the revolving door that they did last season with Lindsay, Adam and Sid - the show kind felt a bit wrong when there was someone missing.

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

*NickStone*, you pretty much summed it up perfectly. :lol: I fully agree. You are indeed right; you could see her anger because of how Casey held Lucy and all. Plus I think she is overprotective of her loved ones anyway. It was a super intense scene and like you said, Anna did fantastic with portraying it! She is amazing with angst. Did you ever see her in other roles on TV? There she proves that as well. And you're so right. They hinted towards that a couple of times, especially when she tackled down suspects. She is very tough and strong and I love that we now got to see it.

I also agree that it all is believable. It is great to see the woman in the role of the protector, especially as Anna plays that so well. And her reactions afterwards are indeed very believable as well. It's not overdone. It wouldn't have been believable if she had neglected her job, ignored everyone, etc. I guess she is no character who shows it so extremely; it's slowly bubbling up and we get to see more and more.

Yep, agree about DL as well. I love that they are so supportive now (which I already mentioned in the DL thread as well). They love each other and indeed he knows what to say to her. I guess his explanation makes sense to her. And I love how he makes her smile.

Hahaha, I so agree about her uniform! How sexy is she? But I also love her other outfit; those tight pants and high shoes and the top. Yummy! ;)

Yep, LME, the WTF face makes me still laugh. I bet Adam was glad when Danny showed up at the hospital. I really would have loved seeing Adam trying to calm Lindsay down. :lol:

6. LME

LME Police Officer

ITA Brinchen.

I have seen Anna as Eva Rossi in Medical investigation, i thought that she was really good in that as well. some of the cases really got to her, you could really tell. She also wear some really good outfits, she scrubs up very nice indeed.

7. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Definitely! Eva Rossi was a character who she portrayed very well as well. She also had a few very emotional scenes. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who still wants to see it, but I really love how she portrayed those emotional scenes.

I think Anna is really good with intense scenes, just as much as with the funny ones. It's a good mix! I mean, a character can't always be funny, just like a character can't always be depressed or always serious or always smart. That'd be boring in my eyes. I think the way she is dealing with the whole situation is very believable, especially for a character like her. I guess her instinct to push it all aside and just not think about it at all is logical as if she tries to protect herself from the thoughts about what was actually going on in their apartment. Not thinking about it means not feeling anything about it, means not being scared, not being shocked, and I guess those are feelings she had more than enough of in the past. So I guess this time, she just didn't want to have anything to do with the situation. I have to say this is really in character and I love that the writers are writing it like that. And of course it all comes back, but this time she is older and knows that denying it all doesn't work. So Lindsay talks to Mac and Danny.

I think this mix of her trying to avoid those feelings, yet being willing to open up when people see what's going on is very interesting. I really hope it gets brought up again. Jo also saw what was up, but Lindsay doesn't know her yet. I wonder if she will talk to her as well when she knows her better, and how long it'll take her to trust in her.

8. LME

LME Police Officer

Not wanting to spolier it for anyone who has not see Medical Investigation I got the feeling that Eva Rossi had a bit more of a hard edge than Lindsay. She was very determined and knew how to get want she wanted/needed. That is not to say that she was a bad or hard character because she did have a mellow softer side as well because she did particularly if the cases involved children.

I would like to see klindsay talk to Jo about this as well, Jo seems very friendly and aproachable so perhaps Lindsay will feel safe/comfortable enough with her to talk about it sooner rather than later. Guess we are goi9ng to have to watch this space.

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I know what you mean, I felt the same way. I guess it's also because of her job as Eva had to deal with the media a lot. But even though she was tougher and harder at the beginning, she got a lot softer throughout the season. I love how we could see Eva change. It's good when characters do that as it keeps them interesting. Plus it shows us what a good actress Anna is because I guess it's not easy to portray a character that believable and then show how this character changes with the time.

Yep, I like that she asked if everything is alright when Lindsay looks at the picture. The way Jo asked that also didn't sound nosy or anything. I liked that a lot. It'd be nice to see her doing it again. Like you said a while ago, she has some distance to the situation as she and Lindsay don't know each other so well yet. Sometimes a person not involved has a more objective view and who knows, maybe it'd be easier for her to talk to her.

10. LME

LME Police Officer

Yeah as the season went on Eva really seemed to open up and trust the rest of the team, she didn't have one of the best upbrings so I think it is hard for her to trust anyone but herself.

I do think it is going toi be interesting to see the kind of relationship they end up having. I would love for them to build a real friendship.

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I agree. I think that episode in which we learnt more about her past was fantastic. It was kinda Eva centric and we got to see a lot of her character and also her determination. Yet she wasn't pushy or anything, she was gentle. When she then interacted with the boy, you could clearly see how deeply she wanted to have an own family. I guess because Eva never had it and finally wanted to have it. The way Eva acted in the series finale was so wonderful. You could see how much she changed.

Yep, me, too. The guys have friendships, and it'd be nice to see the women have a friendship as well. I really liked that scene they shared already, and I really hope they will work together even more. Did you see that picture Hill tweeted a while ago? Of Anna and Sela? They really have nice chemistry together, and I guess Lindsay and Jo would come across as believable friends.

12. LME

LME Police Officer

Yes that was a very powerful episode. As is the one about the young girl. Eva real;y has a soft spot for children, it kind of reminds me of the way lindsay is about young girls. She went sort of undercover twice to protect young girls, omce in not what it looks like and again in Criminal Justice.

Will be interesting to see how she is if they ever have any cases with young children.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Oh yes, I never thought about comparing that to each other, but that is true. And yes, Eva had a soft spot for young girls and she could also interact with them really well. For example when there was this girl who was bullied by others and she talked with her, showing she understood and everything. She did that so well. They should have used Eva for such interrogations more often.

True! Plus the way Lindsay talks to Gerrard's daughter in Admissions shows that also. I really love this scene, it's my favourite of that episode. I just really like how she can be soft and understanding. I especially love that his daughter asked to talk to her without anyone else in the room. Lindsay is good with such interrogations. They should show her interact with victims more often, because she is good with showing support.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  14. LME

LME Police Officer

I really liked Lindsay in the scenes with Gerrards daughter, she was gently with her and got her to open up in the second one. I thought is was a very good episode for Lindsay as a whole, she and Mac worked very well together in it.

15. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Hey guys, back from lurking.

I've been checking out Medical Investigation (youtube and other means;)). I really like seeing Anna in an other role, but i cant really say that i enjoyed the show in general. It seems that i prefer MI actors in the roles they did after. Anna, of course. Kelly Williams is about the only reason i catch LIE TO ME when i can. I have always liked Neal McDonough in other stuff.

But MI is kind of tough to like. Is it me ? What do you guys think of that show in general ? I'm not really surprised it got cancelled, but i can't put my finger on why (apart from the obvious : low ratings)