Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it from season two to the current season she went from being a feisty and strong (at least the potential to be) character to this person who mopes about what Danny has done? That just bothered me, personally thought she should of kicked his butt! :p

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lindsay, it's just the writers took the wrong direction for her and I hope they fix it soon! :D

I haven't seen season 2 yet (beside the finale) and only a few in 3 so I'm behind yet. As soon as I get these watched I'll discuss it more with ya!

Season two is by far her best season and I hope we get a return to that character in this upcoming season. Ever since Love Run Cold her character has taken a downfall. But I still think she has a chance to be that awesome girl we met in Zoo York. :D

Ok, so I saw the episode where Danny cheats. WTF? He acts like it's no big deal. Does he eventually tell Lindsay? Cause from the ep I'm on now Like Water For Murder she's just not talking to him or something because of a missed birthday and he didn't want to go to lunch? It's all a bit weird....:confused:

That's why I also think that she knows, maybe even since epi 4.16. I just don't believe she's only mad because he forgot her birthday and didn't go to lunch with her. That'd also explain why they didn't resolve this problem in the following episodes. It'd explain why she kept him on a distance, even after the phone call in 4.19. I think she knows. Otherwise they'd have to mention it again, and after 4.19, where Rikki moved- why should they bring on the topic again?

Maybe they think to us it's clear that they talked. And in 4.19, when Danny asked her to talk again, maybe he didn't want to tell her (because she already knew) but wanted to tell her the things he told her on the phone. That's what I think.

I agree with you, Meg, season 2 was my favourite as well.

But if Lindsay knows about Danny sleeping with Rikki, why wouldn't she say something to him about it, instead of harping on about little things like him not going to lunch with her or not turning to her to grieve? I think it would have played out better for Lindsay if she did know--she would have come across as much more sympathetic.

I definitely liked her best in season two, towards the beginning/middle of the season when she was light and funny and clever. I don't think the angst has ever worked on her character. I liked her best when she was sassy. I thought they were getting back on track with that in "Snow Day" when she told Danny to pay up one way or another :lol: , so I was disappointed when they went back to whiny Lindsay in the latter half of season four.

Yes, I agree with you. After the angst in season 3, she was slowly turning back into the person she had been in season 2. I liked her in 'A Daze Of Wine And Roaches'. They should have continued that. The angst was over, and they could have gone back to where they had stopped at the end of season 2. But instead of that they started new drama, unfortunately. I liked her demonstration with the condom-spray in 'Can You Hear Me Now?'. Those scenes with her are great. But I wish they wouldn't have started drama again in the later half of season 4. I hope next season will be different.

I think Anna handles drama very well but the writters usually take it over the top with the character.

but I definitely want her lighter feistier side back. it was a welcome change from all the sarcasm and brooding the other had going and she really shines in those scenes

Ive got the feeling like in early S4 they did continue with the lighter path from the end of S3 with Lindsay but after the strike it all went downhill again. its like they still hadnt figured her out or they simply cant decide and before every episode they simply flip a coin. its such a waste

Ive got the feeling like in early S4 they did continue with the lighter path from the end of S3 with Lindsay but after the strike it all went downhill again. its like they still hadnt figured her out or they simply cant decide and before every episode they simply flip a coin. its such a waste

I agree with you! This feeling I had so many times. I don't know, it really seems like they can't really decide what they want to do with her. Do they want her lighter or angsty? Do they want her staying at the lab like a lab tech or do they want her in the field? It confuses me sometimes. I agree with you that Anna handles drama well. But maybe that's a question of taste or something. I liked her performence in SOOH, and I also liked her little speech in 4.16. But I love her even more when she's like she was in early season 2. After the angst from season 3, I was really hoping that she'd be like this again. And at the beginning of season 4, it seems to be like this.

I really hope the writers finally decide how they want Lindsay to be. She is and always will be my favourite character. But this up and down- light scenes, angsty scenes, it's too much in my eyes. A bit more balance would be nice.

Ok, I'm only on the second disc of Season 2 but you are all right, Lindsay kicked ass back then! What the hell did they do to her character? I like her so much more in the second season. She's smart, tough, and knows how to play the game but I don't know what happened to her now! :confused:

Hello, let me join you in wondering what, for all things holy, the writers did to Lindsay's character. I definitely want to see her back to her old self and also interacting with some other people than Danny only. And, carolina, that flipping a coin was almost exactly what I thought about TPTB writing lines for Lindsay! It seems to me that every writer has a completely different view on her (lack of) development so they just flip a coin/throw a dice/play rock-paper-scissors/whatever to decide what to do next and, needless to say, the character lacks any consistency. Well, I really hope that in season 5 we will see some good changes :)

I'm really excited for season 5 Lindsay. Last season started good for her. I loved her condom-spray scene, and when she had her 'I rock' scene in 4.03. This was really cute. I love it when she's all excited about her job. I'd also see an epi like 'Boo' again. It was interesting that they worked in this house almost all the time.

Last edited:
This is a random question, I know, but I didn't know where else to ask it. I need it for a fic I'm working on.

Q: What do you think Lindsay's favourite type of pizza would be?

Thanks x

Probably won't be very helpful, but I simply cannot get that bug scene out of my head :lol: though I don't think you can order that kind of pizza ;) so maybe some 'normal' meat instead? :)

Oh, finally a question that isn't about all the angst she has been through! :lol:

She probably likes her gourmet pizza...wait no...just plain ole cheese! :p She reminds me of a simple girl who likes her stuff to be simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back