Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. I love Lindsay since I first started watching the show (my first epi was 'Stealing Home', as far as I remember. They can do a lot with her character, and she'd definitely be able to lead a case on her own. We need to see more of her as a CSI. In season 4, in my eyes she worked in the lab too much. I want to see her out of the lab more often, and maybe interrogating someone.

i got so mad at TPTB this season for writing Lindsay the way they did. she had so much potential to be an even better character. it seems like they started doing that in "Can You Hear Me Now?" when she called Adam and had that sarcastic thing going on and when she put the condom spray in Danny's pocket. it seemed like she was on the track to being a more rounded out, more confident character.

the whole thing with Danny is definately not helping Lindsay at all. it's just making her seem weak and unable to move ahead (*did that sound harsh? i don't mean to sound harsh*).

next season better have Lindsay back on form. even if she is a little damaged that's fine but she needs to get over her crap.

Amen to that! This season was horrible for her character! We got to know about her horrible past and then finally things were looking good for her. Then suddenly she became this character who can't do anything without Danny? Please, we saw how she worked in the second season and this was before her involvement with Danny! :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed her up till Commuted Sentences, then it just went downhill there. I still love her and she still is my favorite, nothing can change that...just wish she can move past all this relationship drama *sigh* MakeTracksCowboy when did you start to get annoyed with her this season?

One of the things they can also do with her is change that god awful haircut! :lol:

It started off really well i thought it was nice to her relaxed and enjoying herself. Then it just went a little tits up and it was frustrating. I think a lot about the angst part of the season was to do with the writers and how the fact we never knew how much she knew so her reactions could have been totally expected or tad out of the blue.

She does light hearted well... and i know they need to add angst and stuff but seriously a tad to much this season.

I do like her hair now for some reason it makes me take her more seriously which sounds wierd.... I think its going through a stage of growing out or needing a cut just ot trim it back.... i really like the do on her tho i dont think i've noticed it as much as others to how different it goes.

MakeTracksCowboy when did you start to get annoyed with her this season?

hmmm i don't remember. probably in "Child's Play" when she went to ask Danny if he was alright and then she said she didn't know how to handle sitiuations like that and didn't even bother to talk to him afterwards. i think that's when i started to get annoyed, it could have been sooner. i still have mixed feelings of annoyance and not happiness but a sense of "good for you" when Lindsay didn't want to talk to Danny.

i'm not so much annoyed with the character i'm just annoyed with TPTB. to me Lindsay is still a new character even if it has been 3 years since she came on. there is so much more character building for her that needs to be done and it seems they're just doing character demolishing for Lindsay.

i hope the writers can see what they did to Lindsay this season and just rebuild her and make her more credible.

I honestly can't imagine that Lindsay didn't bother to go and talk to Danny afterwards. To me the whole scene with Mac, while highlighting her own sense of inadequacy was really her attempt at asking for help/advice. To me she followed Danny out of the morgue in an attempt to talk to him. Admittedly it's not canon because we didn't see it and really that's down to the writers who for whatever reason chose not to show her actively reaching out to him. But, they've made it clear since that he was the one pushing her away. I hope there's a little more clarification about what happened next season.

I don't think the writers have done Lindsay any favours this season. In fact a part of me would somehow prefer it if they did go down the route of Lindsay allowing her own issues to cloud her ability to support Danny, at least then we'd have a proper storyline rather than this confused state of affairs we have currently. In actual fact I think it's plausible that someone who's been through what she has would become a little self absorbed once she'd found someone who she believes is there for her in a way no-one has been before. I've seen it happen in RL where people who've been traumatised cling to their 'rescuer' to the exclusion of other relationships etc. That type of story would explain why he didn't feel able to go to her and why she maybe didn't push him but is now feeling lost and isolated because of it. It's not a route I would've chosen for them to go down and I'm not even sure it's an intentional direction they're taking now. They now have an opportunity to reset their relationship be it together as a couple or just friends. I just hope the writers take that opportunity and end the ambiguity.

Whatever route they take they need to shift Lindsay back to her S2 self imo.

^^^^
I completely agree!! I'd love to see them bring Lindsay back to how she was in S2. I loved how spunky and easy going she was back then.

Yesterday I saw 'Risk' again. The first time we saw her with curls. :D And the dress.......it looked so good. I like scenes like this, when we get hints of what they're doing in their time outside the lab. Like Mac and Peyton in the opera, or the scene at the end of 'Stuck On You'. I'd like to see more moments like this. It'd be nice to see what else Lindsay does when she's not at the lab.

So, I am hoping for Lindsay to grow as a character next season. I really would like to see more scenes of her with Adam for some reason. I love seeing her getting annoyed with Adam, it just cracks me up.

I don't really understand why people are getting annoyed with the Montana references...it really isn't that big of a deal...:wtf: Although, just a note to Hawkes, please don't call her Montana...that was just really weird :confused:

While I am on it, I want to know more about her family! In Sleight Out of Hand, I would of loved to meet her parents and how they treated her in the face of the trial...In Stealing Home, I got the vibe that she has some issues with her father but nothing ever again was mentioned of it! :rolleyes:

Essentially, I want to see her relationships with Mac, Stella, Flack (especially him!), Hawkes, Adam, and Sid to grow outside of the lab! Even with Danny, I want to see their friendship intact, then later if it so happens, their romantic relationship!

Oh, the family thing sounds really interesting! There are some characters we know more about, but we don't know that much about Lindsay. We only know what happened to her friends. But like you said, what about her family. Why didn't they come when she had to testify? And you're right, when she talked to Sarah's father in SH, I got the feeling that she could understand the situation very well, because maybe she has the same relationship with her parents, and maybe her father didn't like that she went to New York. Btw, I really liked that they showed some pics of her from Montana in SH.

I don't really understand why people are getting annoyed with the Montana references...it really isn't that big of a deal...:wtf: Although, just a note to Hawkes, please don't call her Montana...that was just really weird :confused:

Because it's heavy-handed. We shouldn't have to be told she's from Montana in every episode; we should see it in her actions and comments. Even referencing a case she worked in Montana would be better than the silly nickname or the "Do you have X in Montana?" It's just clumsy. I thought it was handled best in "Stealing Home." That was a nice way of referencing her background and drawing it into the story, rather than just using jokes or frankly ignorant Big City vs. Middle of the Country comments.

Because it's heavy-handed. We shouldn't have to be told she's from Montana in every episode; we should see it in her actions and comments. Even referencing a case she worked in Montana would be better than the silly nickname or the "Do you have X in Montana?" It's just clumsy. I thought it was handled best in "Stealing Home." That was a nice way of referencing her background and drawing it into the story, rather than just using jokes or frankly ignorant Big City vs. Middle of the Country comments.

I thought it was out of the blue in Personal Foul when she said it is a Montana thing, which was the one I was referring to. I didn't think it was necessary but wasn't completely annoyed by it. The only Montana thing that bugged me was Hawkes calling her Montana. I say this because when have we EVER heard anyone but Danny call her that? This is regardless of the romantic relationship these two have...:rolleyes:

I guess I don't really pay attention to when she talks about Montana because I can only remember like four or five instances when she talks about the state. :p

I agree with Brinchen and you, Top41, Stealing Home was the best episode to date that delved into her character without making it painfully obvious. It was good to focus on her character individually which this episode did quite well in my mind. Though it has left me with a lot of unanswered questions about her and her family. Sleight Out of Hand had that potential too, but the whole DL thing kind of overtook it, which in the long run kind of confused me as to why they didn't delve into her relationship with her family. :confused:

I thought it was out of the blue in Personal Foul when she said it is a Montana thing, which was the one I was referring to. I didn't think it was necessary but wasn't completely annoyed by it.

Oh yeah, that was stupid. People walk in the rain everywhere. It's not a Montana thing. That was just a bad line--the writers should never have put that in there.

I agree with Brinchen and you, Top41, Stealing Home was the best episode to date that delved into her character without making it painfully obvious. It was good to focus on her character individually which this episode did quite well in my mind. Though it has left me with a lot of unanswered questions about her and her family.

That episode definitely opened a lot of doors to explore her family, and brought up questions about how she related to them and how they felt about her going to New York. I would be interested in seeing that explored at some point.

That episode definitely opened a lot of doors to explore her family, and brought up questions about how she related to them and how they felt about her going to New York. I would be interested in seeing that explored at some point.

Yes, me too. I'd like to see more about that. When I watched 'Stealing Home', I got the feeling that maybe her father might have reacted the same way Sarah's father did. But we don't know for sure. And we also don't know why Lindsay's parents didn't appear when she had to testify. I'd really like to know more about her relationship to her parents.

Btw, do we know if she has any siblings?

Not that I am aware of which is why I so desperately want to see more about her family.

Everyone that I have talked to seem to think that she has older and protective brothers :lol: Who knows, maybe it will be answered this upcoming season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back