Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little_Peaches

Little_Peaches Police Officer

I don't mind the short hair, only thing is it can go a little 'Rachel' as in so many different ways for the one season. Not all of them good :lol: I don't know why she changed it, maybe it's a 'new mum' thing, SJP done it when she had her son. Katie Holmes etc? I dunno

I wanna see more demos too - we had her lock herself in a trunk in Season 4 and then had it ruined by 'Damn my ohsohot partner breaking my heart' Oy!

I also wanna see a return to Season 2 smiles, again:
    [​IMG]

I kinda know what you mean Apple with the lack of smiling. A geek off with Adam would be pretty sweet too. I don't know who'd win though, it is a bit of a toughy. Adam does appear to be the classical geek but Lindsay knows so much random junk. :D

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I think it'd be great to see her channeling her feelings in another way. We know she doesn't do the 'talking' very well, and when she does it tends to come out as a bit of an outburst, as though her emotions are bubbling to the surface because she just can't contain it anymore. I actually quite like that side of Lindsay because it's different from the others, although I do appreciate that some people find it annoying. But, her actually doing something positive and proactive with those emotions would be good. Seeing her dogged determination to seek justice for something that hits close to home would be good. I actually like your Ollie Barnes theory. It could be a way for her to show her support of Danny in a way she hasn't up until now, but different from a 'let's talk about it' approach that really doesn't fit with how her character's been portrayed so far.

Her expression is just amazing there. I think we should start a campaign to bring back 'fun Lindsay'. It could be like 'fun Bobby' on friends, but without the alcohol :lol:

3. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:lol: That's a funny idea. But 'fun Lindsay' is so awesome! I also liked her scene with the seestar in The Deep. It was adorable when she asked Stella if she knew they had two stomachs. :lol: Those little moments are great for her.

Me, too. He was mentioned once, right? In Zoo York. I'd like to see him in an episode. I think it's interesting that one family member lives in New York, too.

4. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Oh Brina you were the 333rd poster! :lol: Sorry that was a little off topic...

I was watching Super Men last night and loved how she was so knowledgeable about football. I want to see more of her random sports trivia in upcoming episodes, not necessarily with Danny but maybe with Adam or Flack? :) Gives me much pleasure watching her be one of the boys ;)

5. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I LOVE when she does that! It really reminds me of myself. This makes me believe that she has no sisters and all of her best friends growing up were guys. However, I don't want to see Lindsay as ALWAYS shutting the guys down. Only the ones that think they can be better than girls at "guy" things... like Flack maybe :lol: I would like to see her lose though in some sort of a geek-a-thon with Adam or Hawkes... it's always the quiet ones! :lol:

6. eveninstarz14

A geek off between Adam and Lindsay? hmm...me likey :D I think it will end in a tie! I want to see them working on more puzzles together though. I think it would be funny to see the frustration between the two!

I actually don't want to see anymore of Hawkes and Lindsay...ever since that bizarre 'Montana' reference I just don't want to see anymore. They have worked the most together besides Danny. Not that I don't want to see that anymore, just I want to see Lindsay work with others for a little bit. Hence working with Flack and Stella more. And geek offs with Adam :D

7. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

8. LME

LME Police Officer

9. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

Since it's very possible that Flack knew about Lindsay and Danny, I think it would be nice to see Lindsay drowning her sorrows in lots of alcohol... shots of possibly jack daniels or tequila (whatever they were supposed to be drinking in SD) as a bittersweet memory... and Flack stopping in for a beer and being a friend to Lindsay. I don't want a love story or drunken affair or anything, but a nice solid friendship with Lindsay.

10. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

No, I'm grateful you noticed that! So nobody is looking at my stupid typo (seestar anyone? :lol: Of course I meant 'starfish')

I agree with everything. It'd be funny to see her saying something like in Super Men, showing her knowledge about sports.
    And you're right, apart from Danny, Hawkes was the one she worked with the most. It's always nice to see them as a team.

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. I'd love to see her at a game with someone (no matter if it's Danny or Flack or whoever), being all excited if her team wins or not.

11. LME

LME Police Officer

If she was at a game I bet that she would be shouting just as loud as Flack or Danny:guffaw:were. Maybe having a few choice words for the ref as well:guffaw:- it would be funny to see the three of them out and about together non case wise too. I wonder sometimes if she was living in a more male environment growing up.

I would love to see the happy, fun relationship back with her and Danny (and most of you know what else I would like to see with relationship as well;)), but I think it would be good for her to develop her relationships further with the rest of the team and not just danny

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think a case that means something to her--but not one where she identifies directly with the victim (those can get so heavy-handed and are usually only parceled out to the women on the show :rolleyes: )--would be great. The Ollie Barnes thing was one idea; maybe a serial killer is murdering kids, and Lindsay gets really wrapped up in the case. Something that gives her some fire and determination, but isn't bringing up her "woe is me" past. We've seen enough of that from her.

Her lighter side was part of the selling point of the character, and we haven't seen that really in any depth since season two. I kind of liked that she wasn't really flappable in season two (save for a few times), but they kind of lost that aspect of her character, which is a shame. It would be nice to see that brought back.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I agree. It'd be nice to see her lighter side again.

Maybe she could eat bugs again. :lol: I loved when she took the spider and just started to eat it. Ew! But it was a really funny scene. Maybe they'll go back to that next season.

I like seeing angsty Lindsay, I like her, too. But I think after all the drama she got in season 3 and also in season 4, it'd be nice so see her lighter side from season 2 again.

I could definitely see her doing that! :lol:

14. eveninstarz14

^^No leeches that's all I am commanding :lol:

I have no problem with angsty Lindsay but there needs to be a nice mixture of both angst and fun Lindsay. The writers tended to go overboard when they finally decide to focus on Lindsay. They also focused on the dramatic aspects that a lot of people didn't want to see and also wasn't done very well, at least in my opinion. :rolleyes:

Overall like you said Brina, bring back fun Lindsay!

15. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i hate character overkill and whoever brought up that point about Lindsay good job.

Lindsay was like one of the few characters- either ones that i liked or disliked- that i had no complaints about. last season i can only remember saying "good for her" or something good about her like 2 times.

i really cannot believe how much the character has changed since season 2. i think it was kind of a slap in the face for fans, we came to know this wonderful, outgoing, tough character and all the sudden she turned moppy and sad and attached to Danny. the sad, emotional, dramatic Lindsay was a bit too much for me to handle at some parts. it's like we got teased in CYHMN when Lindsay was teasing Danny with the spray, we thought she was back on track and then she just fell off.

if TPTB wanted to make CSI:NY more personal than why aren't they having Stella, Mac, Hawkes, Flack, anyone go and talk to Lindsay and Danny about what is going on. in the real world if co-workers cared that much about each other they'd ask what's wrong. on some level i think that is what is hurting Lindsay and Danny as characters is that they have no one to talk to, that and TPTB set them up now as loners who keep everything in.

maybe now that the writer's strike is over the show and characters can get back to the goodness that was season 2 and (imo) 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.