Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to lie and say that I don't want to see Lindsay anymore with Danny because that would be a big fat lie! :p She just needs to go back to how she acted around Danny during the second season.

CSI808, I agree, it would be interesting to see her finding out little tidbits about the other members of the team. Not only do we get to see the cool side of Lindsay again but we get to find out more about the other characters too! Maybe something about Adam or Hawkes? Cuz God knows we don't know a whole lot about them either :lol:

I will repeat myself but I want to see Lindsay lead a case and the detective on the case to be Flack. Wouldn't it be awesome for a case to be her as the CSI, Flack as the detective, and maybe Adam as the lab tech? There would be a nice mixture of goofiness and seriousness that sometimes the show ignores a lot.

I am not going to lie and say that I don't want to see Lindsay anymore with Danny because that would be a big fat lie! :p She just needs to go back to how she acted around Danny during the second season.

Same here, I just think the two have had great chemistry together since Lindsay's first appearance in Zoo York.

As long as we get the kickass Lindsay like from Season 2 I'll be happy. I just can't stand the moping Lindsay, she's better than that! Danny doesn't need to be her life, she has a life outside him right? Right TPTB? :confused: Please don't reduce her to a girl who can't live without a guy.

They need to stop making verbal references to her country roots (although I wouldn't mind the odd 'Montana' from Danny - not Hawkes, but Danny!) and actually show them. A good writer shows rather than tells the story and that's what they need to do, give us some kick ass moves.

that is such a good point. i love a good story in a show or movie. the acting could totally suck (like the movie "The Happening".... not in my opinion but some other people) but if the story is good i like it a lot.

now that JellyBelly pointed that out it is true that a truely good writer would show rather than tell and i think that is the biggest problem with Danny and Lindsay as a ship and Lindsay as a character. if the writers show D/L together more or showed Lindsay more outside of work than maybe the character and Anna Belknap would not be getting so much garbage.

die hard D/L shipper but these two need a serious break. i root for them to be together but at the same time when their drama crap is shown i root for them to be apart. Lindsay back to the way she was in 2nd season would be lovely i would be so happy.

to get Lindsay to be a more respectable character and more well rounded and liked one i think TPTB need to get her out in the field by herself. have her work on some cases solo and with Flack. Lindsay can more than handle it she's smart, tough and very determined.

i just need to say this about CSI:NY in general: at the begining of the series TPTB said that the show would be more personal than the other two. i like the personal aspect of this show but now TPTB made it too personal and imo have dug themselves a hole with many of the characters not just Danny and Lindsay and now they seem to not be able to get out of it.

I am hoping tptb have heard us about the somemany answer questions with regards to lindsay and this is why we have had the spoilers. I to am a DL fan, but think that the time apart would be good for them.

It will be great for Anna to get a chance to develop Lindsay out side the Lab and away from Danny.

Of cause I what them to get back together but like MakesTracksCowboy I see this time apart as a good thing.

Please don't kill me but I was wondering if Lindsay and Rikki would have any scenes together! I was thinking that lindsay maybe able to communicate with her due to the lost of her friends and maybe they can both help each other move on (and maybe this would help with DL as well). *ducks for cover*

Interesting point LME, I would be interested in seeing them in a scene together. I don't know how they would have scenes together without it being too much of a soap opera element. Plus I think according PV, Rikki doesn't really have anything to do with Lindsay...how that works out I have no idea :confused:

I do think Lindsay and Danny need to take a step back and analyze where their relationship is going though. They definitely rushed into things too quickly but that is for another thread ;) I am excited though that we get to see another person outside of the lab for Lindsay though. Our wish of seeing more of her social life might actually be coming true! Are the writers actually starting to listen to us? :lol:

Interesting point LME, I would be interested in seeing them in a scene together. I don't know how they would have scenes together without it being too much of a soap opera element. Plus I think according PV, Rikki doesn't really have anything to do with Lindsay...how that works out I have no idea :confused:

I do think Lindsay and Danny need to take a step back and analyze where their relationship is going though. They definitely rushed into things too quickly but that is for another thread ;) I am excited though that we get to see another person outside of the lab for Lindsay though. Our wish of seeing more of her social life might actually be coming true! Are the writers actually starting to listen to us? :lol:

I know what you mean but I wasn't thinking a Dallas or Dynasty cat fight :guffaw::lol:. I was thinking along the lines of they bumped into each at the supermarket or in cafe or something and got talking in a friendly kind of way - for all we know they have bumped into each other before but they just haven't shown it.:lol::lol::lol:

We can but hope!;)

I usually skip this thread since I’m not big fan of Lindsay. As JellyBelly said she was a strong character in season 2. I really liked her back then although I didn’t like the fact that she was replacing Aiden. But I got over that very quickly because Lindsay was an interesting person. New and shiny things usually have that effect on me. :lol:

But since then her character gradually developed into someone I barely noticed in season 4. Of course I know she was there but that was all, she was just there. Every other character in the main cast has a specific role, very recognisable, clearly present and they interact more with one another.

Last season Lindsay role was, nicely put, a bit uninspired. The D/L drama didn’t help. I thought that was really boring. The only things I remember about her are the D/L drama and the “I rock!” scene in 'You only die once'. I loved that scene! The ever ongoing discussion about D/L and who’s to blame is annoying so I only want to say that I don’t care. :rolleyes: Let’s hope they move on to a better place next season.

Some people have been criticising Anna Belknaps acting but I don’t agree completely. I mostly blame TPTB for writing Lindsay so poorly. If they give Lindsay a more significant role I’m confident the actrice will do a better job.

die hard D/L shipper but these two need a serious break. i root for them to be together but at the same time when their drama crap is shown i root for them to be apart.Lindsay back to the way she was in 2nd season would be lovely i would be so happy.

After reading the spoilers I’m getting my hopes up. I’m trying to be reserved but not getting much luck there. :lol: It appears Lindsay is getting a chance to stand on her own again and that makes me really happy. It looks like she’s finally moving on from all the Danny crap and finally gets to be someone again. It’s about time! I don’t care if Danny and Lindsay will be together or not. I just want Lindsay to be an interesting and fun character again! That's why I decided to show up in this thread.

So on a completely different topic here... I see Lindsay as more of an "observer" of everyone. Like how she figured out Mac played bass at the club. I'd like to see her figure out everyone else's little quirks and maybe sometimes enjoy with them. Not that she has to tell the whole lab, but just getting closer to everyone... minus Danny of course because we all know what happened there.

I agree with you. She indeed is more of an observer. Maybe that’s one of the aspects that made her so boring last season. TPTB need to give her a more active role and I’m all for more interaction with the others.

So yeah, I'm a Lindsay lover but I can kinda understand your point Apple after the writer's strike it all kinda went to pot as far as having a proper story goes. I do remember a whole lot more than the 'I rock' scene - I loved the 'Ah, we're going old skool!' line to Mac. :D

Commuted Sentences? Some great lines there.

So who am I wanting to see as Lindsay's new love interest? Someone tall! :lol: Aw, poor Danny. Perhaps a sexy Southern accent? Blond hair & green eyes? I know, I'm so transparent - Jensen Ackles?! Please? Writers, you have listened to our pleas to stop Linds becoming some mopey soul who does nothing but pine after SSMM so how bout you give us Jensen Ackles to scare the hell outta him? It'd be fabulous entertainment all round! Jealous Danny, jealous every girl in the lab. Lindsay looking like the cat that got the cream and the old toy to play with when Dean has to go and save more lives and vanquish bad ass demons. Is that what Danny need rescuing from? Hmmmm.......

Ok, I'm getting way off topic here so I'll leave it there :D

I wanna see a Linds/Flack/Adam case too. Some lightheartedness is beyond required in the direness that is currently CSI:NY

Apple you just made my day with your post! ;) Lindsay needs to be that strong and independent character that I loved so much from the second season. She was getting that way again in the beginning of the last season and then as soon as her love life went awry, she gets all mopey? I just don't buy it....I am just excited that we finally FINALLY are going to see her socially active outside of everyone, including Danny. Although I am sure Danny is going to be involved somehow *sigh*

peaches, *shakes head*, dean? Seriously? :lol: Though that would be hawt :drool: But I think Dean is a little busy elsewhere if you know what I mean, but if the writers can find someone who looks like Jensen Ackles? YAY!

It appears Lindsay is getting a chance to stand on her own again and that makes me really happy.

Me, too!

I can't wait to see her having storylines on her own without being someone's assistent or being in the lab all day. There's so much they can do with her character (like they did in season 2 for example). I hope they finally realized that and 1) will give her more screentime and 2) will give her great and interesting cases or storylines.

I'm interested in this new guy thing. I wonder what'll happen. And how he'll look like of course. ;) I wonder what she'll do- some flirting maybe? I don't see her going too far with him though. What's interesting is that the guy will appear several times. I wonder which role he'll play. Is he a cop, or a lawyer, or someone else? And- will Danny be jealous? ;)

Wasn't there some article about how her contract limits her screen time so she could be more with her child? (who's name we still don't know, one of the reasons I admire Anna Belknap even more, keeping her private life private)

Oh well in regards to the upcoming season I am super excited! More screen time with Flack and also a social life! Score!

Wasn't there some article about how her contract limits her screen time so she could be more with her child? (who's name we still don't know, one of the reasons I admire Anna Belknap even more, keeping her private life private)

Yes, I read that, too. And I agree with you. It's great that she keeps her private life private.

I can't wait to see her in season 5. I already miss her. :lol: My wishes are more Lindsay (and more Hawkes and Adam, too). Like I said, they could do so much with her. And remember all the unanswered questions.

And...
Obviously we'll see some private time, too. I really, really wonder what the writers have planned for her. I hope this will be another great Lindsay season.

Surely it's more limiting her working hours and not actually her screen time? That sounds much more viable to me. I think she gets a good amount of screen time, I've never thought that there should be more/less of her. The only person that ever really dominates is quelle suprise! Mac! and Stella's latest psycho boyfriend.

All I know is, I want kick ass Lindsay when she is on screen non of this mopey stuff!

Yay! Brina's back!

*throws confetti in the air* Welcome back Brina ;)

This season, if there is gonna be one scene of mopey stuff on her part, it better be because of something other than Danny.

Her working hours are her screen time unless I am confused and don't know jack about Hollywood...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back