American Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm all finally back from the pit of internetless despair.
I was so stunned when Chris left... I ran to my neighbor's house and we were like "what the hell!" together, and her phone kept ringing with people saying "DID YOU SEE THAT?" I can't honestly say I care for Elliot.. I'm rooting for Taylor, but I don't mind if Kat wins either. Just not Elliot. Sorry. He gets on my nerves.
MANIAC, I love your Saula avvie. Very nice.

Taylor OR Kat too. Elliot has a good voice and all, but sucks when he tries to dance or even just move onstage. Taylor dances weird too, but his 'steps' are funny. Elliot's is just awkward and weird.

I can't wait to see tonight's ep. Honestly, I'm pulling for Elliott, but I'm sorta in "Anyone but Kat" mode. Her voice is good tone wise, but she can't control the pitch to save her life and spends most of her time oversinging songs. Taylor's voice is not as strong as Kat's, but he has more control. By far, Elliott has the most beautiful voice, and a lot of control over it, but his vibrato can be overwhelming...

So, I hope Elliott will end up in the top two, but the Soul Patrol pretty much has Taylor tied up for a win, and Kat's fans will turn out in droves to make it another girl/boy contest as it was in most other Idol years. The Rumored song lists are up on imdb.com (boards):

Taylor:
Randy's Pick: "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker::: Taylor's Pick: N/A::::: Clive's Pick: "Dancing In The Dark" by Bruce Springsteen

Kat:
Simon's Pick: "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" from The Wizard of Oz :::::: Kat's Pick: N/A :::::: Clive's Pick: " I Believe I Can Fly" by R. Kelly

Elliott:
Paula's Pick: "What You Won't Do For Love" by Bobby Caldwell :::::: Elliott's Pick: N/A :::::: Clive's Pick: "Open Arms" by Journey

I was wondering if it would be the Judges choice of songs tonight, now they really have to do a good job

What the hell are you talking about with those choices, AL? Where'd they come from? Who's your source? TALK!

Also? Kat's cool, so there. She totally has pipes.

Oh, and your avvie rules. I still prefer Mr. Miyagi Grissom though. ;)

ziggystarduzt said:
What the hell are you talking about with those choices, AL? Where'd they come from? Who's your source? TALK!

Also? Kat's cool, so there. She totally has pipes.

Oh, and your avvie rules. I still prefer Mr. Miyagi Grissom though. ;)

I said where i got them! The IMDB boards! :) And thanks on the av. I wish Miyagi was smaller! that's the biggest problem is it's too big for TalkCSI. *sniff*

Oh. Okay. I wasn't finished my third cup of coffee yet, and I can't appropriately understand or communicate with the world until I've had all three.

Also, who's Clive? Anybody?

Clive Davis is the guy who owns the record label to which the AI winner will be signed on. I just don't recall the name of the label. :)

I didn't hear all three songs for each performer (hoping to watch it again later), but I loved Katherine's "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" performance and Taylor was great too!

^I totally agree with you. Katherine did well in her second song but she was too schreechy with her first and last song...it hurt my ears. I still think she should've went last week instead of Chris. Elliot did well but Taylor was awesome tonight. I just love his stage personality and how he's so full of life. Katherine is pretty boring. Now that Chris is gone I so want Taylor to win and if not him then Elliot. I never liked Katherine.

I missed it last night.. I saw Somewhere Over the Rainbow and that's it. I thought it was awesome though! I don't care who wins so long as it's not Elliot. :)

I think Kat had a good night, but I stll hope she goes. I'm rooting for Elliott, but Taylor has the bigger fanbase.. So, I wish it would be Kat going home tonight, but it's goign to be Elliott.

No problem, ziggystarduzt. :D

I just saw their performances and here's what I thought of them.

Elliot - First song was okay; second song was also okay but kinda lacked energy; third song was my favorite. I still think he has a shot in winning this.

Katharine - First song was waaaaaaay over the top - too much vocal acrobatics, I couldn't recognize the melody; second song was, to quote Randy Jackson, "the bomb"; third song was okay. I can't help but notice the expression on her face everytime she gets a negative comment from the judges. It's like she doesn't understand why they're giving her that kind of criticism.

Taylor - First song was great; second song was good; third song was also good but had that crazy ending. I half expected the microphone to explode with that shouting. He's still painful too watch (sorry Taylor fans!), but I can't deny the fact that he's a very talented singer.

Who do I think will make it through? I really don't know. Like I said, I'm rooting for Kat, but I'd like to see a guy win this year. But to tell you the truth, it doesn't matter who wins from these three. I like them all anyway (except for Taylor's moves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back