~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Canadian Thread #4

jorja_fan86 said:

I went to the Canucks game tonight & I'm so happy we kicked Calgary's ass :D. It was nice to see all the away teams fan shutup at the end :p.

lol yeah i saw that on tv...im an oilers fan so its always nice when someone beats the flames. :p especially nice since 5 people won trucks that night too :lol:

jorja_fan86 said:
I went to the Canucks game tonight & I'm so happy we kicked Calgary's ass :D. It was nice to see all fans of the away team shutup at the end :p.

And I wonder who made the goal on OT :D

*does a little dance* He is so great.

I'm sorry but I cheer for my Finnish players :p

no apology needed...you are allowed to cheer for whoever you want :) i did my little happy dance this afternoon when canada kicked ass against the americans at the junior games :)

Heehee no worries Ducky Sami Salo is greatly appreciated by all of the Canucks fans. He's one popular player & it's no wonder since he's such a skillful hockey player.

I also love Saku Koivu as well & he's one of the reason why I adore the Montreal Canadiens. Jarkko Ruutu is loveable as well. Yep, it seems Finland has some pretty good players heehee :D.

*eta* Shelbers, I too am glad we kicked America's ass 6-3 in the world junior hockey championship. I love how our boys rock at our national sport :D.

Salo is so typical Finn. So calm, so quiet. And when his slapshot actually goes towards goal - it's a goal :D

Koivu is my fave :eek: Seriously. Back in '94 when he came to the top in our league. I have jersey of his team in here (TPS, tho name in the back is Niittymäki, current Flyers goalie who was injured last night) I have Koivu's autograph on that jersey :D (among with few Canadians) and we've ordered a drink same time in the bar, side by side :rolleyes: Little Koivu doesn't give me the same feeling than the older one :p

Ooh...Santala plays in Canucks as well :D He's great too, not person who makes lots of goals but still good one.

Ruutu annoys me (even he's great with annoying the other plays) but he ALWAYS takes penalty in wrong place :lol: but now he plays in my dear Penguins <3

Tuomo Ruutu is more... like a player :p

Then there's Teemu The Finnish Flash. He's been playing so great again this season. ANd he is old. I hope he'd win Stanley Cup some day. Columbus goalie Norrena is also one of my faves. and of course OJ (Jokinen) in Florida :D

and for wjhc... we lost our first game to friggin Belarus! :eek:

Hey i just realized another awesome Canadian, Sandra Oh!!! she plays Cristina on Greys Anatomy :lol:

I am not a Hockey fan but if i dont root for the Oilers my House will get Tped by some kid i know :lol:

lol....yeah the fins are great :D i love the koivu brothers and jussi markkanen (oilers backup goalie) is awesome. hes so nice and one of the sweetest guys you could ever meet.

lol at my place the battle of alberta is always interesting...i am the only oilers fan. my dad and brother are flames fans, i get razzed a lot.

csikicksurass said:
Hey i just realized another awesome Canadian, Sandra Oh!!! she plays Cristina on Greys Anatomy :lol:

She was also in Sideways :D
And thank God there's another non hockey fan around. Even when the Oilers were winning I didn't care. I would rather watch Survivor [Insert shudder] than Hockey ;__;

Have any of you guys seen this today?

Ice mass snaps free from Canada's Artic

TORONTO - A giant ice shelf the size of 11,000 football fields has snapped free from Canada's Arctic, scientists said. The mass of ice broke clear 16 months ago from the coast of Ellesmere Island, about 497 miles south of the North Pole, but no one was present to see it in Canada's remote north. Scientists using satellite images later noticed that it became a newly formed ice island in just an hour and left a trail of icy boulders floating in its wake.

Scary stuff! It's a shame the ice shelves are being lost there. Rest of article can be found here :)

^ Whoo! Go Ice! Form another Island so we can claim it XD
Yeah. You can totally tell if Global Warming happened, I'd be sittin on my lawn with a lawn chair and a bathing suit going "C'mon Water! Any minute Now! ....Now! ...Now!"

[Rolls around] I got a Nanaimo Bar! Mwahaha!
I'm gonna get so fat from all these Christmas treats. I mean really, why does the French (Quebec, not Actual) have to make everything bad taste evern better? Like Poutine, Beaver Tails, Steak & Beer, Tarte Au Sucre (Sugar Pie), Trempette (Maple Bread), and Tire sur la Neige (Maple Taffy Snow). Gah! Same with the Italians and the Greeks. With the Cannoli's, the Pandoro @ X-Mas, Panettone's @ X-Mas.
D: Stupid Food being so good...

...I didn't know we were that close to the North Pole. :lol:

And isn't around 80% of our country called the 'remote north'? :p

Thanks for the info wibbs. :D As Palm said, we should all just run up there and claim the giant island of ice. Lord knows our entire population could probably fit on it. Muaha.

...I didn't know we were that close to the North Pole.
Geni, didn't you know? Santa Clause is Canadian :lol:

And thank God there's another non hockey fan around. Even when the Oilers were winning I didn't care. I would rather watch Survivor [Insert shudder] than Hockey ;__;
I feel the same way!

^ I thought Santa Clause was Finnish. :p

And I don't like Hockey either! *joins the club* I'd rather staple my arms together than watch Hockey. :rolleyes:

Ouchie. All these hockey haters are hurting my heart :( :lol:

p.s. Canada's Junior Hockey team is beating Germany 1-0 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back