All I Ever Wanted - an H/Y fic

For your patience, here's a reward of a nice long update :D

Horatio’s head began to feel light after he downed his fifth beer. He hadn’t eaten much that whole day, and the empty stomach combined with all of the alcohol he had consumed started to get to his head. Yelina, who was taking her time with her beer, noticed this.
“Horatio, you okay?” she asked.
“Yeah, just a little…light-headed,” Horatio replied.
“Just take it easy, okay?” Diane warned, still unfazed by the two beers she had that night.
“Yeah.”
Yelina wrapped her arm around Horatio.
“I don’t want to have to nurse you if you get too drunk.”
Horatio savoured in the fact that she was so close to him. Diane got a little jealous when she saw Yelina’s proximity and put her arm around him as well. Yelina shot a glare at Diane and pulled her arm back.

----------

As the night wore on, both Horatio and Yelina became drunker. Yelina wanted more and more to grab Horatio and plant a wet kiss on his lips, but she became reminded of the man she was to marry every time she looked into his face and it made her more upset as time wore on.
Music played into the night on the beer-drenched jukebox and after awhile, Yelina felt compelled to drag Horatio up from his barstool to dance. She was too slow to ask because Diane beat her to it and picked up the smashed Horatio to dance.
“Come on, you, let’s see if you still got it,” Diane said as she pulled him close and led him in a drunken promenade around the bar. Yelina watched on jealously.
A stranger approached Yelina and sat next to her.
“Hey, are you gonna let her do that to you?” the stranger asked.
“What do you mean?” Yelina replied.
“Take your man from you.”
“Oh,” Yelina said surprised. “He’s not ‘my man’. I just wish he were.”
“What’s stopping you from having him?”
“I don’t know,” Yelina lied. “I guess I’m just nervous.” She didn’t want to admit to herself and the stranger that she was engaged to his brother.
“Well, don’t be nervous for too long, or else you’ll end up regretting the outcome.”
Yelina nodded her head. The alcohol was telling her to risk everything that she had for a dance with the man that she was in love with but could never have as long as she was with his brother.
When Diane and Horatio danced their way back over to where Yelina sat, she stood up and took Horatio into her arms, leaving a scowling Diane behind.
Yelina’s heart raced when she looked into Horatio’s glazed eyes. He looked so helpless and she felt bad for wanting to exploit that.
“Yelina…”
Yelina held his hands tighter and smiled.
“What are you…what are you smiling about?” Horatio asked.
“You’re so cute when you’re drunk,” she replied.
Horatio blushed and ducked his head.
“I…I…”
Yelina grinned and squeezed his arm. Horatio pulled her in closer, partly because he needed more support or he would fall over and partly because he wanted her closer.
“Are you sure we should be doing this?” Yelina asked.
“Doing what?” Horatio replied.
“Dancing like this. I have a fiancé, you know.”
Horatio ducked his head in shame. He knew he had messed up again. He gently pushed her back again and started to stumble away. Yelina was quick to grab him by the shirt and pulled him back.
“I…I’m sorry. I…I made a…mistake.”
“No…it’s okay. You did nothing wrong,” Yelina said. Horatio tried to pull away again. “Horatio…”
“I…can’t do…this…”
He pulled his shirt from her hands and ran out of the bar. Yelina looked over and saw that Diane was visibly angry.
“What the hell did you do that for?” Diane screamed as she approached Yelina.
“I didn’t do anything,” Yelina screamed back. Diane pushed her.
“You ruined EVERYTHING,” Diane said. “I was going to win him back, but you had to come in with your long legs and your…”
“I’ve had enough of this,” Yelina muttered, and ran out of the bar, hoping to catch up with Horatio.
Yelina looked in all directions but had a hard time seeing in the sheets of snow that fell around her. She ran in the direction of Horatio’s apartment and saw him stumbling along the sidewalk.
“Horatio,” Yelina yelled. She continued to run toward him but neglected to see the ice on the freshly shoveled sidewalk and slipped. Horatio turned around upon hearing a yelp of pain uttered behind him. Although the world seemed to be spinning around him, it was as if tunnel vision had centered on Yelina who lay on the sidewalk. He spun around and ran toward her.
“Ye…lina,” Horatio muttered. “Are you all right?”
He stopped in front of her feet and kneeled to her side.
“I’m fine,” Yelina smiled. “I just skinned my knee, that’s all.”
Horatio breathed a sigh of relief. “I’m glad…that it’s just that.”
Yelina stared at Horatio for a brief moment before Horatio offered his hand to pull her up. When she got to her feet, she pulled him close and kissed him. Horatio stopped fighting and returned the kiss. Diane ran out of the bar and looked around until she saw the kissing figures in the distance. Tears filled her eyes and she ran back into the bar.
Horatio pulled away and caressed her cheek with his cold hands. Although she was shivering, she didn’t mind. She grasped his head with her cold hands and he leaned his head against hers. She moved her hands to wrap around his body and felt his sobs against her body.
“I wish…it weren’t like this…”
“I know,” Yelina replied. “If only I had met you first…”
“I don’t think I can live…like this.”
“Let’s go inside before we get sick…”

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....
This is awesome!!! :D
I was about to go when I saw you posted here...

Please please please!
Update as soon as posiible!! :D :D

Oh thank you praise the lord for this update! I've been waiting days and days to get a new H/Y chapter :D

Ooh I loved the jealousy of both woman. :lol: They kissed, they kissed, they kissed! Now Yelina, cancel your marriage. Do it, it's the right thing to do!

awww....so cute!!!! but why don't thewy just do it already :devil: if you catch my drift :devil: oh i have such a dirty mind :devil:

Great update, I can't wait to find out what happens next. There'll be more after that kiss right? :devil:

Now I'm off to update my fic :D

I can so totally imagine H getting drunk after this description :D

More (than) kisses, EyeHeartH, more! :D :devil:

Thanks for the update!

I really like this fic! :) Can't wait to read what happens next. I'm just trying to satisfy my H/Y fix...Been going through withdrawals recently with the lack of Y on the show. :lol:

Thank you all for the love. I apologise for not having been able to update as much as I used to, but I'm sure you all don't mind, right?

Horatio practically fell into his apartment after fumbling to get it open. Yelina was quick to catch him by his shirt. She couldn’t help but giggle.
Horatio grinned. “What?”
Yelina guided his head closer to hers by her index finger. “You’re so cute when you’re vulnerable.”
Horatio ducked his head and smiled. “Yelina, are you sure you…want to do this?”
“I just want to…see what it’s like. You know, being with you?”
Horatio’s heart raced and he was breathing heavily. “Yelina,” he gasped.
Yelina shushed him and placed a hand over his heart. She briefly rubbed his chest.
“Your heart,” Yelina whispered.
“What about it?”
“Am I doing this to you? Am I making you nervous?”
“No,” Horatio answered, “you’re making…me happy. What you do to me, Yelina…you’re incredible. You’re beautiful. You’re…”
“Let’s…continue this in your bedroom. Okay?”
Horatio silently nodded. “Okay.”

----------

Horatio tried to catch his breath as he groggily turned the lamp on. He shifted to lie on his side and looked over at Yelina, who lay on her back. She turned her head over and looked at him.
“So…how was I?” Horatio asked.
“You…were excellent,” Yelina remarked.
Horatio looked at her with sad eyes. “I just wish…it was all different.”
Yelina rubbed his bare shoulder. “I know. Sometimes I wonder if I’m marrying the right person.”
Horatio stared at the gentle and soft hand that grazed across his naked chest. “I just…don’t know what I’m going to do now.”
“I know. I’m feeling the same way.”
Horatio sighed.
Yelina ran her hand through his messy hair. “You’re beautiful.”
Horatio smiled and grabbed her hand. “So are you.”
Horatio and Yelina fell asleep holding hands and silently staring at each other.

----------

The sun shone brightly in the bedroom the next morning when Horatio got up to shower. Yelina sat up and watched as his naked form walked into the bathroom. She took the liberty of joining him and tiptoed behind him as he proceeded to use the restroom. Horatio jumped and almost missed the toilet when she rubbed his back.
“You scared me,” Horatio laughed.
“Sorry,” Yelina replied. “I guess trying to surprise you when you’re using the toilet wasn’t the best of ideas.”
Horatio finished his business and turned around to face her.
“This…is going to be awkward, I hope you know that.”
“I do,” Yelina replied, “but I don’t care. I just wanted to be with you, even for one night.”
Horatio nodded. “I’m going to take a shower. If you want to…”
“…Yes.”
Horatio grinned and took Yelina’s hand, guiding her toward the shower.

"The greatest love is the impossible love" I think Ann Donahue said that in one of the DVD extras. So very true though :)

Briliant update as always.

Yeah we really miss your updates, take your time but don't forget ussss! Love this update. Thanks.

Great update! :)

“I do,” Yelina replied---I hope she had said this line under a different circumstance...you know, one which calls for a white dress and a church! :lol:

Anyway, can't wait to read more and find out what happens next! :)

Back