All I Ever Wanted - an H/Y fic

Aww... how heart-wrenching, but a good read. Let's see how the next couple of days in NY would play out between H and Yelina.

God I hope we get wringly H moments in S6, especially after reading this great fanfic! Keep it up :D

Horatio stood at the doorway to his apartment for a brief second: he had dreaded going back to it alone, but for the sake of his brother’s happiness he restrained himself from asking for too much. However, a night without being alone for once sounded like a slice of heaven, and he knew Yelina would have been more than happy to keep him company.
He took a sad sigh, unlocked the door and stepped in, only to be surprised by his ex-wife patiently waiting for him on the couch.
Horatio tilted his head and looked at her curiously. “Diane?”
“Hi Horatio,” she replied. “I hoped you wouldn’t mind my dropping by.”
Horatio took a seat next to her. “Not at all. What’s going on?”
“How are you holding up?” Diane asked.
“I, uh...I’m doing all right.” Horatio ducked his head.
Diane knew that Horatio avoiding her eyes meant that he was lying. “Are you sure? You aren’t even looking at me.”
Horatio exhaled deeply. “I, uh...I’m just surprised that you’re here, that’s all.”
“Well...I took a new job in Los Angeles. I start next week.”
Horatio snapped his head and looked straight at her. “Are you serious?”
Diane continued to look at Horatio. “Yes. I hope you don’t mind, but on my resume I changed my last name back to Harmon.”
“That was your decision,” Horatio replied.
“Are you upset about it?” Diane asked.
Horatio smiled at her. “No, not at all. Whatever makes you happy, I’ll support.”
“But are you happy?” Diane asked in response.
“To be honest with you, right now I’m in euphoria, but for all the wrong reasons.”
“It’s not Ray’s fiancée, is it?”
Horatio’s heart rose up to his throat. “I, uh...I...are you okay with that? I mean, we just got a divorce and all.”
“Well, part of me is and part of me isn’t.”
“What do you mean?” Horatio asked quietly.
“Well, I still kind of have feelings for you.”
Horatio put his hand on hers. “You know I still love you, Diane, but we both agreed that this marriage wasn’t going to work. As much as it hurts me to say that...we can’t keep hurting each other.”
“I know,” Diane said, close to tears. “I remember the night after your mom died when you came over to my place and we talked for hours. You had decided, in your mother’s honour, that you would become a cop and try to prevent other people from having to go through what you had gone through. I knew that it would be a hard road from then on.”
“And I’m grateful that you stuck it out with me for so long,” Horatio replied. “It’s too bad that it ended the way it did.”
“Maybe it doesn’t have to end that way,” Diane said, her shiny eyes looking right into Horatio’s.
“Diane...” Horatio squeezed her hand a little harder, his breathing becoming more laboured.
“Are you thinking about her?”
“Not right now,” Horatio replied, a look of longing on his face.
Diane released her hands from Horatio’s grip and, taking his head in her hands, slowly started to pull him in closer.
“Diane, are you sure you want to do this?”
“I don’t want to leave without saying a proper goodbye,” Diane said as her lips grabbed on to his. Horatio took them gratefully and pulled her body right up to his.
“I’m...going to...miss...you,” Horatio said between kisses.
“I’ll miss you even more after this,” Diane said, managing to pull away for a second before continuing her assault on his lips.
Horatio picked Diane up and walked her to the bedroom she was once a familiar part of. He gently laid her on the bed, still kissing her. He pulled back to see Yelina looking up at him. Horatio gasped.
“Horatio...what’s wrong?” Diane had a puzzled look on her face.
I was just imagining things, he told himself. “Nothing,” he lied. “I just can’t believe we’re doing this.”
Diane giggled and helped Horatio pull his shirt off.

Awww Horatio *huggels* It's all going to be okay darling!

Excellent update. Loved it that he imagined Yelina being there for a sec :D

Yeah, well no offence to this 'Diane' person, but no wonder he imagined Yelina. ;) Great work, more please. :D

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate them all!!!

I have to pee, Horatio told himself as he awoke the next morning. He then looked over to see if he had really done what he did.
I really did it...I had sex with my ex-wife. My god, what have I done?
He got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom, ashamed over what had transpired the night before. As he was about to do his business, he felt two small arms wrap around his chest.
“Good morning,” Diane said wearily.
Horatio uttered a delighted hum. “Good morning,” he replied.
Diane started to massage his bare chest. “I, uh, had a good time last night.”
“Me too,” Horatio said as he started to do his business.
Diane giggled. “Do you need help with that?”
Horatio chuckled in return. “I think I can manage this part.”
Diane kissed his back. “I’m really going to miss you.”
“As will I,” Horatio sighed. “You’ll keep in touch, right?”
“Of course. What time is it?”
“Nine.”
Diane giggled again. “I am so late for work.”
Horatio turned around to face her after flushing the toilet. “I’m sorry for making you late,” he said.
“It’s okay,” Diane replied. “It was worth it.”
Horatio blushed and ducked his head. “Well, I...”
Diane put a finger over Horatio’s lips to silence him. “No need to explain. I should get going.”
Horatio looked back up at her. “Okay then. I’ll see you around?”
Diane smiled. “Absolutely.”

----------

Once Diane had left for work, Horatio stepped into the shower; he too had to get ready, but not for work, for he had taken a few days off solely in anticipation for Raymond and Yelina’s visit.
As the water droplets landed on his bare shoulders and matted down his hair, a shiver ran down Horatio’s spine. He stood there for a minute then leaned against the shower wall, tilting his head back to look up at the ceiling.
“Why?” he asked out loud. “Why do I let her haunt me?”
As he stood against the shower wall for yet another minute, images of Yelina swirled in his head. She was so close, yet completely out of reach, and although he knew he could easily take her from Raymond, he told himself repeatedly that he wasn’t the type of man who would do that. After all, Raymond was his brother and Yelina would soon be his sister-in-law.
“Oh god,” Horatio continued. “I’m in love with her.”

----------

Horatio stepped out of the shower and, wrapping a towel around himself, walked over to the bathroom mirror. He sighed as he wiped away the fog that obscured his view of himself in the mirror. Once he had tired of staring at his reflection, he started to comb his wet hair when a knock interrupted him midway.
When he looked through the peephole of the front door, the sight of Yelina made his heart race. When he opened the door, Yelina’s raised eyebrows at the sight of him with just a towel wrapped around his body made him blush.
“Oh, Yelina, I’m...sorry. I, uh, wasn’t expecting you for another couple of hours.”
“I’m sorry,” Yelina said. “I thought we’d get a head start.”
Horatio smiled. “Sounds good. Let me finish getting ready and we can go get some lunch...my treat. How does that sound?”
“I’d like that,” Yelina replied. “So...did you sleep well last night?”
Horatio swallowed hard. “I, uh...yes, I slept fine.”
“Good,” Yelina smiled.
“Okay, well, I’m going to...get dressed now.”
“That would be a good idea,” Yelina laughed.
Horatio laughed nervously, then walked back into the bathroom.

If I were Yelina I'd probably have ripped the towel off him. :lol:

Great update and great self-control on Yelina's part!

Awww he admitted it to himself he loves her! Great update, can't wait for what happens next.

Hrockz said:
If I were Yelina I'd probably have ripped the towel off him. :lol:

Me too!

Hrockz said:
Great update and great self-control on Yelina's part!

How does she do it, eh? :lol:

Back