All I Ever Wanted - an H/Y fic

I apologise for the long delay. I usually write my fanfics on the fly and couldn't think of anything to write about for the longest time. But here it is, and stick around for the next update...I have some great ideas about what's going to happen next :D

Sitting in a corner booth in a small restaurant down the street from Horatio’s apartment, Yelina stirred her tea slowly as she watched Horatio drum the tabletop with his fingers. He was quite embarrassed that Yelina had to see him in nothing but a bath towel.
“Horatio, are you alright?”
Horatio looked up and saw Yelina smiling at him. He smiled a nervous smile back.
“I, uh...yeah, I’m fine.”
Yelina desperately searched for something to talk about.
“It’s stopped snowing.”
“Yeah.”
“But it’s a very pretty sight, isn’t it?”
“Oh yes.”
“Horatio, what’s wrong?”
Horatio felt foolish for being embarrassed about the bath towel. He knew it was bad timing on both sides.
“I’m sorry...I was just a little embarrassed that you saw me in a towel, but since you didn’t see anything, why should I be?”
“True.”
Horatio sighed relief. “How is Raymond doing?”
“His condition hasn’t worsened, and he hasn’t thrown up, so it’s probably just the cold.”
Horatio nodded. “That’s good.”
The food arrived seconds later, ending their brief yet uncomfortable conversation.

----------

The rest of the day was like a blur for Horatio; Yelina wanted to see as much as she could today, for she heard on the morning news that there was a chance for a blizzard later that evening and perhaps into the next day as well, which would certainly have hampered her plans for the rest of her time in the city. Horatio couldn’t help but marvel at the way her long brown curls bounced when she walked and how her deep red lips sneaked a smile at him every now and then, which made his heart race every time. When she snuck her arm through his once again, he ducked his head and smiled.
“Yelina, you’re doing it again.”
“You don’t mind, do you?”
Horatio chuckled. “Well, I noticed you did it again.”
Yelina began to pull her arm out from his. Horatio quickly grasped her arm and pulled it back.
Yelina shot a surprised look. “Horatio, I thought you...”
“Hey, I don’t mind,” Horatio said, grinning.
“Horatio?” Diane called from behind them.
Horatio’s heart nearly stopped and a look of shock marked his face. He slowly turned around to face Diane, who stood there with a curious look on her face.
Horatio turned red in the face. “Diane, hi.”
Diane walked up to Horatio and Yelina. “And who might this be?”
Horatio sighed a deep sigh. “Oh boy. Uh, Diane, this is Yelina, Raymond’s fiancée. She wanted to see the city, and Raymond’s sick so I’m showing her around.”
Diane shook hands with Yelina. “Hi, I’m Diane Harmon.”
“Hi Diane, nice to meet you.”
“So, Diane, how are things?” Horatio asked.
“Today has been great,” Diane replied, smiling coyly.
“Good, good...I’m glad.”
“Well, what are you two doing tonight?”
“We’re going to Rockefeller tonight to go ice skating, but after that we’re free.”
“We should go out and celebrate, then.”
“What are we celebrating?” Yelina asked Diane.
“I don’t know, life? You getting married? My new job?”
“Horatio told me about your new job. That is a good cause to celebrate. I’m game if you are, Horatio.”
Horatio shrugged. “Sure, why not?”
“Great! How about if I drop by your apartment at 10?”
“Sounds good,” Horatio said, giving Diane a friendly hug. “I’ll see you then.”
Diane flashed a smile in Yelina’s direction before walking in the opposite direction.
“She seems nice,” Yelina said.
“Yeah,” Horatio replied, offering his arm for Yelina’s to slip through once again.

I'm really glad you haven't forget abut this fic!
I love it! :D

I'm still waiting to get to the first moment you wrote...are we getting there right? I counted the days and we are in day 3... :devil:

Patricia said:
I'm still waiting to get to the first moment you wrote...are we getting there right? I counted the days and we are in day 3... :devil:

The events in the next update will definitely lead up to the first moment. As with H/Y altogether, naturally there will be complications, which of course makes it all the more entertaining, right?

Sorry for the extremely long delay, friends.

The crisp winter air reddened Horatio’s cheeks as he glided down the ice in Rockefeller Center. Yelina was impressed at how well Horatio could ice skate; she had never ice skated before and was having some problems with them. Horatio noticed Yelina was trying to get the hang of the skates and gently placed his hands on her shoulders to help keep her steady.
“You got it?” Horatio asked her.
“I think I’m getting the hang of it,” she replied, although she still wobbled every now and then.
Once Yelina felt completely comfortable on the ice skates, Horatio let go of her and quickly skated in front of her. He twisted around to face her, skating backwards.
“You’re a very good skater,” Yelina laughed.
“I spent many days here when I was younger,” Horatio replied.
“Did you ever take Diane skating?”
“All the time. She loved to skate.”
“Why didn’t you invite her?”
“I thought it would be nice if it were just the two of us. Is that alright?”
Yelina smiled. “Of course.”
Horatio reached for Yelina’s hands and pulled her closer.
“What are you doing Horatio?”
“I know you can skate faster than this.”
Yelina giggled and playfully tried to pull away. “No I can’t Horatio.”
Horatio pulled her a little too hard and she almost fell to the ice. Horatio was quick to catch her and she practically fell into his arms. Together they stopped in the middle of the skating rink and she looked into his eyes. A few seconds passed before either of them said a word.
“You, uh, almost made me fall,” Yelina said softly.
“I know, and I feel really bad about that.”
“Sure you do.”
Horatio smiled and began to skate again, pulling her along with him.

----------

Yelina was freshening her makeup when Diane arrived at Horatio’s apartment. Diane flashed a smile at Horatio as he motioned for her to enter.
“How’s it going?” Horatio asked.
“Fine,” Diane replied. “How was Rockefeller?”
“It was great.”
Yelina emerged from Horatio’s bathroom. She flashed a smile at Horatio and Diane and walked over to where they stood.
“How did you like Rockefeller, Yelina?”
“It was fun, although I had never ice skated before. Horatio helped me learn.”
“That’s good. You two ready?”
“Do you have a place in mind, Diane?” Horatio asked.
“I was thinking…Tony’s, the bar down the street?”
“Sounds good. Are you ready Yelina?”
“Sure am.”
Horatio grabbed a heavy coat and a scarf from the coat rack and put them on.
“Make sure you bundle up warm enough, Yelina. It got colder since we came back from Rockefeller.”

----------

Snow was falling harder than before as the three entered the dimly-lit and smoky bar.
“Remember when Tommy and Kath had their wedding reception here?”
Horatio chuckled. “Parts of it.”
Yelina couldn’t help but laugh at Horatio’s response. “Horatio, I didn’t take you for someone who gets drunk.”
Horatio ducked his head. “Well I…had my fair share of wild days in my youth.”
“Alright you two, enough stalling. Let’s celebrate!!!”

:lol: haha!! i can just picture H getting drunk....that would be the funniest thing to see!! LOL!!!! i loved the update :D

Aww they went iceskating, so cute! :D

I'm officialy jealous of Yelina lol. I wanne go iceskating with H aswell *pouts*

Great update and don't say sorry for not updating frequently we're very glad you update it at all ;)

Great finally an update. It's great to see aside of Horatio we don't see on TV. Nice to see him being playful and relaxing with Y.

*coughs*bump*coughs* :D

and a subtle plead to update
angel2.gif

Back