Alex/Vartann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Det Vartann

I saw that you can download Lifetime movies to iTunes
and for the Mermaid Chair

it was hard not to watch Alex Carter play the monk and NOT think of his role as Vartann

although I saw the movie when it came out in September then again earlier this week, it is STILL hard for me NOT to see him say a Smart-ass comment like his character Vartann on CSI

anyone else get that too, I do think he was great in it but they could have expanded his role some in the movie like they did in the book about how 'truely' tortured he was in his relationship with her...

anyway that's my take

Spike is back now on season 1 of CSI so we have a while to wait for some Vartann episodes UNLESS.....

he somehow is in an episode this season :D

This is for you aki since The Mermaid Chair was on a few weeks ago...

lom_mermaid04.jpg

hhunter said:
This is for you aki since The Mermaid Chair was on a few weeks ago...

[image]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/hunterseaker_2006/lom_mermaid04.jpg[/image]

Wa--oh :lol:
Thank you very very much, hhunter :lol:Very nice pic ;)
Alex's very handsome! ;) ( His role is brother Thomas)
This pic became my treasure. :)

hhunter, youve been helping me alot, i want to see if anyone knows anything else other than what you told me.
i need a profile on vartann. like basically, on how he acts and his personality.
what i have so far is: tough but nice, smart, can be very sweet, and can stand up for others or himself when he needs to. would never hurt someone on purpose, but when he's under attack he can fire back. what else?

I think you pretty much got him covered ;)
at least in my opinion :D
I forgot sexy and cool under pressure :)

Anyone else have something to add?

**besides telling him (Alex Carter) to get OFF LIFETIME!
and back on Jericho or CSI !!!** oops did I say that outloud? :eek:

i saw dead ringer. he really doesnt talk more than he has to, and seems really calm all the time, but he has that intense look.
anything anyone can add will be really helpful (i play him in an rp :p sorta crazy, considering that untill last week i was against rp's hehe)

ok, speaking of Dead Ringer
if you can describe THIS LOOK

then I think you've got Vartann down

normal_4x20_419.jpg

HI and thanks
I just watched Alex Carter in yet another Lifetime movie..... it was weird watching him as the 'bad guy' and not the cop

but again.. GET OFF LIFETIME and come back to CSI please!!
that's my birthday wish :) did I say that out loud again ooopppsss :eek:

Hey there, Vartann fans! Someone who reads my CSI fanfic series mentioned there were some serious Vartann fans here who might want to read it.

It's a series, and Vartann doesn't appear much beyond case file mentions until the 3rd part of the series Laws of Motion - Book 2 (Gravity and Feasibility Study are the first two parts), but his character is fully explored including why he reacted so badly to the question "are you married' in Iced, we meet his family (parents, 2 brothers), follow him through a new romance and much more. In Laws of Motion Book 3, he's a main character with some huge storylines.

Each chapter is about 8,000 words and I post chapters twice a week. Some people have been reading for over a year, but others have jumped in and figured out what was going on at Books 2 or 3. If you try it, it's going to seem like an alternate universe at first with all the Original characters and plots, but if you're a Vartann fan, if you stick it out, there will be much for you to sink your teeth into regarding his character and backstory. My friend thought I should mention I also write him shirtless and in romantic situations.

Vartann is quite gruff and unhappy when first introduced, because of what happened in his 1st marriage, but I develop my characters taking them from 1 dimensional to 3 over time, letting them unfold, and he's fully developed at the current point in the series. For many readers, he started off as an unwelcome addition, but is now a favorite, even passing up Grissom and Nick for some.

I've even managed to work in a joke about The Mermaid Chair in a recent chapter and that movie inspired his shirtless scenes in the series. LOL

I've not been on this forum and if I'm overstepping my bounds, I apologize. I came here in peace as a Vartann fan. :lol:

Thanks, Maggs

My website - http://msmaggs.com/

Laws of Motion (where Vartann is introduced) http://www.msmaggs.com/lom.htm

In Laws of Motion Book 2, chapter 6 you find out why he's bitter. In Chapter 17 his romance storyline begins. In Laws of Motion Book 3, Chapter 1 his family enters the picture too. In case you just want to check out some Vartann specific parts.

On another note - If anyone has a full picture of that great icon of him in the blue shirt and could post a link, I'd be thrilled! I have someone do photos to accompany the story and that would be a welcome addition.

Thanks, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back