Alex Carter/Det. Vartann #2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by ladyhunter, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I watched a couple seasons of Due South, but I think it was before I would've recognized him. I'll have to re-watch and look for him. :)

2. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

I'll watch that Season five ep 17 tomorrow

3. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I remember Due South, and watched it while it was on here in the States.
    I would've never known who Alex was that long ago though.

That being said, I sure hope he stays on CSI regardless of what they do with Catherine. They can always be together "off screen" and Vartann can always keep working and still be in episodes. We don't have that many detectives around any more, so he's necessary to me :)

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

So when Catherine does leave CSI, I do hope he does stay on the show. He's one of my favorite recurring characters.

But, if Vartann does leave with Catherine, I also hope Alex and Marg work together again in the future. They have great chemistry and they look like they have fun working together.

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I hope he stays on too. He's one of my favorite detectives. Hopefully tptb remember that he's a detective too, not just Catherine's love interest. There's no reason he should quit just because she does.

Plus, if their relationship continues, keeping him around would be an opportunity to drop mentions of Catherine after she's gone, like Sara and Grissom now.

6. ladyhunter

Bumping this thread up....

I watched a movie starring Alex last night. Recipe for Revenge. It's very cute and sweet and Alex plays a .... detective. But the main thing is, it really shows his comedic talent and timing. And the 'I don't believe a word you are saying' look that Vartann is famous for.

It's fluffy and more of a chick-flick movie but it's a good insight as to why I think, CSI chose him to play Vartann. :D

7. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Caught this movie in the UK recently, CSI need to give Vartann some more light-hearted moments so we can see a return of the smile Alex's character had towards the end of the movie :), or just Vartann in plainclothes would do!

8. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Don't know if anyone's seen it but Alex was in a recent episode of Scifi show Haven. He looked really good :drool: and got decent screentime so i'd fully recommend checking it out (s02e10). Just in case anyone's interested i've screencapped his scenes which you can check out on the link below :).

Haven

9. ladyhunter

Ummm :drool: Thanks for posting them Sinclair. Now I must go find that episode. ;)

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I didn't see Vartann in the press release for 12.03 or 12.04 :(. Anyone know when he'll be back? Someone said he would be in 12.03 but I didn't see him listed.

11. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

IMDB shows him as appearing in a Canadian TV movie in October so maybe he's been unable to do CSI. 12.05 is a Morgan heavy ep so don't expect to see him back till 12.06 or maybe later - i need a Vartann fix!

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ugh that's too bad I need a fix too lol. I really want to see him reacting to everything that's going on in the lab. I especially wanted to see him trying to help Cath throughout her demotion. Oh well.

13. ladyhunter

I agree, I'm wondering where he's been lately too. I know Alex is also working on The Terminator Series coming out next year.

Perhaps they are saving more Catherine/Lou interaction until closer to when Catherine leaves? I'm sure he'll play an important role.

It does make me think though that when Cath said "I'm taking off now," that she was going to see him. :D Wishful thinking, sure. :D

14. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

Brief glimpse of Alex in Look Again which airs Oct 16. Not too sure what Alex's role is but given the lack of Alex in CSI i'm hoping he gets good screentime in this TV Movie.

There's only 7 Eps (after ep 5) left of Marg so it'd be interesting to see if they've dropped the Cath/Lou storyline or if Vartann will be back again - i did wonder whether he would appear after Marg leaves as a way of mentioning Catherine.

15. ladyhunter

Is that movie just to be released in Canada? or is it international? Meaning can I see it here in the states? :lol: ;)

Yeah, Vartann has been MIA this season so far. Hopefully we'll see some more interaction of course with Catherine. But maybe even with Sara. I'd like to see a good heart -to-heart between Lou and Sara mainly about Catherine and her future with Lou.