Alex Carter/Det. Vartann #2

I definitely hope that Vartann is still on after Catherine leaves. He's one of my favorite detectives, from long before he and Cath got together. They need to remember that he's more than just Cath's boyfriend! Plus, if he does stay on, that would give more opportunities for mentions of Cath and maybe even a guest sighting. :)

Vartann has definitely caught my eye!!! So I really hope he can still stay on even after Catherine leaves, I mean, he was a stand-alone character long before he became Catherine's boyfriend, so he should be given the chance to have his own stories.

For any UK fans of Alex, he'll be on Channel 5 on tuesday (4th) at 3:15pm alas i am working so shall miss it but thought i'd mention in case people are interested.

Also added Vartann screencaps, you can find them in the following link: Vartann Screencaps

I've seen him in 24

I remember yelling at the tv saying please don't let him kill Jack

He was in 24??? :eek::eek:

I didn't think I'd missed any episodes over the years except part of this past season, but I don't remember him. I've seen plenty of other past 24-ers on CSI, but I obviously missed Alex.

Can you clue me in to the season, so I don't have to drag out all my dvds?

ETA: Never mind, I looked him up on IMDB (duh on me). He was in the part of the season where I was unable to watch. I'll be able to see him when I do a run through of the series finale, lol.

I think it's either between seasons 3 or 5 and it isnt CSI

Oops, I'm sorry, I meant which season of 24 was Alex on. I've seen all the seasons of CSI, and have tracked Vartann through that. I just didn't remember seeing him on 24, but the last half of the last season is the part I missed, and he apparently was only in it for 1 hour (3:00 to 4:00 pm) the season/series finale. I never missed 24 from Seasons 1 through 7, it was one of the only shows where I've watched from the absolute beginning. I didn't start with CSI until last year, but I've now caught up on all 11 seasons. I get excited though every time I see someone on CSI that I remembered seeing on 24. There have been some major actors on both shows!

Last edited:
I've watched CSI so much in the past year - I'm always recognizing people on other shows that've been guest stars on CSI. So far, I've seen Alex Carter on Flashpoint, Castle, and Leverage. I watched Flashpoint just because I knew he was in that episode, but the other two I watch regularly, and it was a nice surprise to see him.

Same here :lol::lol:

I didn't see the shows you mentioned, but I watched Castle a few weeks ago just to see Liz Vassey.

Since I watched 24 before CSI I keep laughing when I see Sheriff Atwater, I'd say "There's George Mason", lol. And Glenn Morshower will always be Aaron Pierce, I can't help it. :guffaw:

Sorry to jump in, but he also had a great character in Burn Notice (season 1.6, 1.7, and season 2.13). My family watched the show 'Life' when it was on over here and he was in an episode of that as well (cop in that as well lol) it's funny when you're watching a show with half interest and an actor you know pops up.

I just watched the footage that Alex was in and i keep jumping outta my skin eveytime i watch one on dvd and he scared the hell outta me

Yay, an Alex discussion. :)

If you are Canadian or get Canadian TV, Alex was in a series called Due South.

Also a series with Liz Vassey as a potential love interest in Veritas:The Quest.

Alex was also in an episode of Felicity. He played one of her friends father.

And lastly, after he left CSI in 2006, Alex did a Lifetime movie with Kim Bassinger (one of my favorite movies on Lifetime) called The Mermaid Chair.

Alex is also a director. He's directed a few episodes of The Family Guy and Faith and Hope.

I'm sure his IMDB page can fill you in on all the other stuff he's done.

Back