AJ Buckley Fan Project

I need some help! :lol:

I've never participated in a fan project before, I whilst I have a clear idea about what I want to include on the page, I'm not sure what text I would put with it? Any tips or ideas you might be willing to share would be appreciated. I mean, what do you say? I don't want it to sound too lame? :lol:

I'm planning to send it through the post, so I need to get it done fairly quickly as the postal service tell me it could take two weeks to deliver it to the US! :rolleyes:

Hmmm... interesting question. You haven't really established a ratings system for the project, have you Faylinn? The Carmine and Hill projects were definitely north of "R" but the others were very respectable :devil:

Yay!...just no boobie-pictures. They'll make me jealous

Don't hate. Hate is ugly.

Any tips or ideas you might be willing to share would be appreciated.

well, I bought a scrapbooking kit. that made it a lot easier. since it is about AJ love around the world, I made my page with different elements of where I am from, what he likes, and my fave pic and work he has done. of course, that is just me...

I mean, what do you say? I don't want it to sound too lame?

nothing you could say could sound lame. whatever comes from your heart, or whatever you have always wanted to say to him. I am sure he will appreciate whatever you do and not think you are lame at all. :)

Yay Elsie! :D Definitely put whatever you want on the page--stuff you like about his performance on NY, other shows he's done, etc; you could try to entice him to spend some time in your neck of the woods. ;) Whatever you want to do is fine. :D

As for the rating of the scrapbook--no, I didn't specify. I'm sure a cutie like AJ has a girlfriend, but I think this is some harmless fun. ;) I think nudity and excessive swearing would be a bit much, but I honestly trust y'all to make great pages without a lot of restrictions. :D

Scrapbooking kits are definitely helpful if you want to get some fun paper and other elements for the pages--just make sure there isn't too much stacked on the page, because the page protectors might prevent the page from fitting into the scrapbook. The craft store around here could get some major money from me if I didn't have any self-control. :lol:

As for the time constraints, definitely keep in mind how long it will take to send through the mail if you're doing it that way, but don't freak out too much--there's still more than a month until I'm planning on sending the scrapbook. :)

Faylinn said:
I think nudity and excessive swearing would be a bit much

Well that's my plan ruined... :lol:

Seriously though, thanks everyone for the advice. I think I know what I'm going to do, although give it about a week and I'm sure I'll be panicking and asking for help again. :lol: I'm now planning to go the cute little craft shop near work tomorrow to pick up some supplies.

I have a little time this weekend and will try to send something. Mine will most likely be electronic, as I'm just much better at that kind of thing. As spring is just starting hear in NH, I may send a college of photos taken in my city or something simiallar.

Yay lefty! I will be waiting in anticipation. ;)

I am starting to rethink my page and am wandering if I should do something different? I kept it simple because I didn't want the page too crowded....plus I did it while my kiddos were taking a nap--which means it didn't take long to do...
hmmm....what to do?
I guess I need to quit second guessing myself and send it in? HELP

^Trouble is, it's too easy over think this kind of thing :lol: I usaully find myself going with my instinct when I have a creative project to do if that helps

of course others prefer to thumbnail sketches and choose from many ideas

I should go charge my Camera baterries, I'm going a photo safari in fabulous Manch-Vegas. Glad AJ likes photography, as I have a talent for this

^^yes, that helps. I did go with my first instincts and thus, my scrapbook page was born.
and, yeah--I tend to overthink everything. It is my downfall. :lol:
I will quit be a quivering snit and send my page in. Look for it in a few days, Fay. :)

:D I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's pages, now I just need to sit down and plan mine out. Talk about overthinking it--I've had about a hundred different ideas since we came up with the project, and I can't just settle on one. :lol:

Faylinn said:
I've had about a hundred different ideas since we came up with the project, and I can't just settle on one. :lol:

Yep, me too! I actually went to two craft shops in my lunch hour today. Awesome places! Who knew that scrapbooking was so popular (well, I didn't anyway). So I have found some 12x12 card (couldn't decide on which to get though and then thought I might go smaller) and lots of other little bits for me to play with. :D

I'm going to think about it a bit more and then buy the stuff. Hopefully I'll actually get it done by the end of next week (it won't actually take long to do, but I too have a tendency to overplan and over think things).

So, I was thinking, how would I send 12x12 without folding it? I'm not very good at spatial awareness type things, so hadn't really thought about how big that was. But seeing it, I'm thinking I might have to go for 8x8 otherwise I won't be able to post it very easily....You can then still stick it in? :lol: Who knows, I'll have probably changed my mind again by tomorrow.

I don't know if the post office has a 12" x 12" envelope handy, since I never checked, but there should at least be a 8 1/2" x 11" envelope you can use--I know that they had one when I went to send my page for the Carmine fan project with the personal ads. ;) Hopefully they have a way to send something larger and keep it flat, but if not 8 1/2" x 11" would work. :D

Oh, and T-MINUS ONE MONTH AND COUNTING my lovelies! :D

The scrapbook arrived yesterday and I love it! It's so perfect and it's huge--plenty of space to get creative and make a great page for AJ! :D

If you're worried about being able to send a 12" x 12" page, you can do it in several parts--just use a 12" x 12" piece of paper as a template to make sure that everything fits, and give me some instructions about how to arrange everything to make it work. :) A picture or diagram would be perfect. :D

Whoo, thank goodness its a month. I have what I am going ot do. A poem about two Ohio girls ((my sister AnastaziaMarie and I)) who squeal at the TV everytime he comes on. Heh, my 19 year old fangirl comes out....*ducks at self flailing arms*

*does a little jig into the thread* Gotta keep this baby bumped so you guys don't forget to make a scrapbook page for AJ, who is such a sweetie and really deserves so much love from his fans for the awesome job that he does on the show and the way that he lights up any scene that Adam is in. :D :D :D

(Yay for really long sentences! :lol:)

And don't forget to e-mail me if you have questions or are ready to send something through the mail. :)

Back