Adam/Stella: It only takes one night to lead you to love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 26, 2009.

1. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

You can go to youtube in the search box type in csi n.y when you get there go to page 8 and look for the clip titled csiny D/L 6:09:) I hope you find it O.K

2. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

Well, you can ship both SMacked AND Adella, even though it's not very common. XP

3. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I know there are some who are open to adellla but, as you said they are rare. When this thread first started (you can go back to page one) thier were smack fans coming on the thread and not being very nice. They were reminded that this was a thread for those who supported Adella and if they wanted to be mean they needed to go to the dislike a shippper thread.:( I welcome anyone here its nice to be able to talk with other Adella fans from around the world. :)

4. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I ship both, sort of. I mean,I really really want to see Mac and Stella together. But there is something so cute and interesting about the thought of Adam and Stella. They are so different that it might actually work out. I rewatched the episode in season 5, with the vegipipe. Where Stella walks in on Adam smoking a pretend vegipipe and she goes 'Adam, what are you doing?' I just love that scene between them. He goes all fuzzy and embarrassed and she is just amused by his behavior.

5. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I have been reading all the post about Mac's new love interest. I must say that it would be nice to see Mac get some love. :thumbsup: I would like to see Adella happen;) But ,with that said I would first and formost like to see the show get back to focusing on crime solving. It is nice to see the gang outside of the lab, but I think it should be a small part of the series. I still think Adam and Stella are great and hope the crappy writers and the producers who seem to subscripe to the" let's throw it on the wall and see what's stick" way of doing things realize what possibilities they have with these two:lol:

6. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Well, since it has never happened before that both Stella and Mac have a love interest in the same season, I suppose, Stella will remain single for another while ;). Though I´d love them to go for Adella, but two relationships, plus D/L, would be just too much in a crime show. Though AJ made it sound in his recent interview as if it was more than a one-night-stand; maybe it was initially intended to let them have an affair, but then TPTB changed the story again as they very often do, see Haylen.

7. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

what recent interview was that. The one with AJ saying it was more than a one nighter.:) As I said eariler it would be OK if everyone found love just don't make it a huge part of the show. This season D/L have not been over the top with romance. just an occaniol reference and thats fine. Remember this is a crime drama not a soap opera:guffaw:

8. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I haven't read any of those interviews, I think. So I would like to read both, if you are willing to post the link to those interviews. It would be nice, at least. And I know that CSI NY is no soap opera, but I don't think it has been even close. Even if we have had D/L, and Flack/Angell + both Mac and Stella dating people. Where Stella and her relationship with Frankie got some focus. It is the same thing with the character and their friendship (and Lucy). It does not get the main focus, as the crime is always the main thing. Not any love story. So I think we could have 2 different relationships in CSI New York. I mean, it worked fine with D/L and Flack/Angell before Angell died. So D/L and Adella might work next time, if the producers and writers only would give Adella one more chance.

9. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Vildis, I agree with you totally.:thumbsup: It is just this season the writers are all over the place. I love Adella and hope they are going with it. I also don't mind Mac getting a love interest. I too would like to read the interview with A.J. I just hope we get a link to it.:)

10. harmier

harmier Victim

I wonder if the whole "Stella/Adam isn't happening again" isn't a little bit of smoke screen so as not to freak out the Anti-Stella/Adam crowd? On Sunday, CBS showed My Name is Mac Taylor. And according to my guide, Epilogue was originally supposed to be re-broadcast on Wednesday but was pre-empted by the State of the Union. Both are important Stella/Adam episodes and it seems highly coincidental that they were supposed to be broadcast the same week. I wonder if the producers are actually going to have Stella/Adam and planned to have CBS broadcast those episodes in order to have the relationship either fresh in peopl's minds or at least get people who aren't into the relationship time to process that this is the way things are going.

Which is really funny considering she was completely turned off by a similar idea in a previous episode. I was recently watching syndicated episodes of CSI: NY and the first season episode Grand Master was on. She was grossed out and had no a flicker of interest in anything to do with food on the body.

And in this episode she actually did look a bit weirded out...initially. But by the time Adam mentions that you can get invitations to sploshing parties from websites she seems interested. She's probably not that interested in sploshing, but she is interested in Adam! So if Adam is interested in sploshing, she might just give it a go!

I love that scene. I even looked it up on YouTube again to watch it again. When I watched it, I found something interesting that I didn't notice before.

Less than ten second after the Stella/Adam look, Flack says, "I think each and everyone of us is going to sleep well tonight." When it cuts to Adam, his gaze is focused at a point in space that appears to be the table and the wine glass is close to his mouth. He has a soft chuckle that seems slightly nervous and sofly says, "Yeah."

It's possible that Stella was basically telling Adam that she was ready to give their relationship another go and Adam was using the wine as liquid courage.

Heres's a link to the clip:

CSI:NY - S06E09 Manhattanhenge - Ending + D/L KISS!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  11. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

I have always wanted Adam and Stella, and still do.:bolian: They are an odd pair but somehow it work's. The things I noticed about the mattenhedge clip well actully two things. Did you notice Adam and Stella were the only two at the table dressed up. ( First thing I noticed was adam in a tie)?:confused: She must have picked out his clothes for the evening. And second, when she is giving her toast and say's "hold on to the one's we love" she look's at Adam and raises her eyebrow, that's when he has that look on his face.:drool:

12. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Guys, here´s the snippet of AJ´s interview, if you want to read the complete interview, just turn to the news section, it was published on Jan. 7. But I thought, I just copy the most important lines ;).

At the start of season six, Buckley was pleasantly surprised by his character’s romantic involvement with coworker Stella Bonasera (Melina Kanakaredes) in the premiere episode, “Epilogue”. “I remember showing up on the set and people asked me, ‘Have you seen the script yet?’ I took a look and I was like, ‘Oh, wow!’ I think it’s a great storyline,” he said. “Adam and Stella have always had a flirtatious thing back and forth. The guy needs some love! He’s in the lab all the time. Stella’s a sexy woman, so why not?”

Now, if you ask me, AJ does with no word mention that this was just a one-night-affair, just the opposite, he said "I think it´s a great storyline" when he read the script first. So a storyline suggests that there´s more happening than just a one-night-fling, that´s why I think not all hope is lost considering Adella. And this interview was obviously done just recently, which suggests that the story will go on, maybe rather in the background with only just little hints for us to know, but even that would do for me. So keep fingers crossed :thumbsup:

13. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

That interview with A.J came out in Sept. I read it then. That was before the producers started with thier" let's start a story and then drop it for no reason " way of doing things.:rolleyes: But the way thay keep changing their mind's they might go with Adella again. :bolian: Thay got rid rid of Haylen because, the fan's turned on her right away. Sad part is it wasn't her fault. They just did such a bad job of introducing her, that the fans hated her from day one so she was let go. :eek: I just hope when they bring in a love interest for Mac the smacked fans don' t go so nut's they deside to drop it too.

14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I don't really remember when, but I have read that before too. I don't think it means that the Adella story will continue. Even if I really want to. I think they dropped the Adella story as people got 'shocked' when they saw the premiere. We who watched every episode in season 5, knew that there was something between Adam and Stella. It was obvious that Adam had a crush on her, and at times it seemed like Stella liked him too (more than a friend), but didn't want to show it. So for me, it was kinda natural to see them in the same bed.

As Adam was supposed to get some love and they dropped the Adella-story, maybe they thought Haylen could be the new woman for him. But they did introduce her in a bad way, and had to let her go. It maybe doesn't make sense, but somehow I hope they will change the story once again and bring Adella back. They just need to realize that there is a bunch who still prefer Stella and Mac, and others were shocked (but have accepted the one night stand now, or will do it if the Adella story continues). It does not mean that the Adella story was a bad thing from the start. The producers/writers just handled it in a very bad way and then finished it by dropping the whole story.

15. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Vildis, I agree with you completly. :thumbsup: The way they did it with Adella was bad, it did shock the smackies. Those of us who watched season 5 saw it coming, but were still a little surprised by the way thay did it. :alienblush: When it happened the smackies were all over the board having fits. I think the writers said "oh we made a mistake; the viewere hate this" and desided to drop it.:brickwall: The same way they did with Haylen. I think that is lazy on their part. :angryrazz: Haylen was supposed to be a perment part of the show but the writers reacted to mob anger :scream: instead of realizing the error of their ways; just let her go. The same thing happend with Adella. :confused: I guess it is just eaiser to drop a story then use your writing skills to fix it.:( I don't know if you visit the cbs boards. Last year when an episode aired there would be at least a hundred or more comments left by viewers. This season it's a big week if they get 10. The only ones who visit the message boards there are smackies. :guffaw:I think that the writers go there to get the pulse of the viewers,,and make desions based on that. I like you am hoping for Adella still. :adore: My feeling tell's me that when they introduce Mac's new girl the smackies are going to go insane, and the writers will drop that story too.