Adam/Eric #9 - 'The Perfect Diversion'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2009.

1. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Cool! It's great that Adam will get a chance to do his thing behind the cameras as well as in front of them next season. :thumbsup: Aside from loving Eric Delko as a character, I'm also a huge supporter of Adam professionally. He seems like such a nice, chill guy. :cool: With all the ladies swooning over him, it would be easy for him to have an ego, but he seems more humbled than anything by the outpouring of support from fans after he left CSIM. He's clearly appreciative of his fan-base, and doesn't take them for granted. That's the mark of an entertainer with a good head on his shoulders. So I'm really happy that CBS is giving him the chance to explore several professional avenues on the show.:)

P.S.: I hope it's OK for me to post the link here: http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/02/24/csi-miami-adam-rodriguez-returns/
    This is now all public knowledge, so I don't think it's a "spoiler" per se.

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yay! I'm looking forward to him directing or writing an episode. I will not be too strict to judge ;)
    He is hoping that nobody leaves after his return? Unfortunately, someone has to, as there is no space for all the characters. I think Ryan, Cal, Frank, Walter and Natalia will not go, my bet is on Jesse...

3. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:(It's really a shame Adam came across so full of himself in his Twitter alert. I fear he may lose support from fans of ALL the other characters, who originally favored his return.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I wanted to come in and celebrate the fact that Adam is coming back :thumbsup: :drool:. Miami was definitely NOT the same without him and the episodes he wasn't on were simply lacking even when the plot was a good one. I'm so glad CBS decided to listen to the fans and I am very grateful to all of you who worked to make it happen. To say the truth it really took me by surprise when it was announced that he was coming back because I always expect the worst and to get what I actually wanted is :eek: :lol:. So thank you CBS and thank you all very dedicated Adam fans once again for making it happen :thumbsup:.

Why do you say? What was it he wrote? Cause what I found was this:

and this

So if this is what you're referring to I don't see why fans would be upset because he is thanking his fans for theis support. Or because he is saying that he HOPES Miami fans will be happy about him coming back (as opposed to him saying that he KNOWS fans will be happy about his return or something egocentric like that). And then he ends once more saying that he HOPES people are excited.

So IF this is what you're referring to I'm confused. At least these are his latest tweets on Miami. Maybe it's something else you saw that I missed...?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  5. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I don't see how you think Adam came across as full of himself. I just went back and reread what he wrote and I just don't see it. And yes I am a fan and I signed the petition to get him back on the show, but I would have done the same for Horatio, Frank, Ryan, Calleigh, Nat.

6. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:wtf:
    Sorry, big mistake. Shame on me. Proofing what I write would be a huge help. The complaints I've seen from fans are about Adam's interview with EW/Ausiello, not the Twitter alert.

7. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

So happy for Adam for winning Best Supporting
    Actor! It sure made my day after Canada lost to
    Sweden in Curling.

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Care to elaborate? I read the EW/Ausiello interview, but I didn't get the feeling that he was full of himself.

9. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

That would require my speaking for others. His comments didn't bother me, except I did notice Mike geared the questions to an ego unseen in the past. Others have said he's overly concerned with his character, his nomance, his presence, his story. His answers to Ausiello have generated a lot of negativity, specially from fans of other characters. Many have commented they didn't miss Adam and fear what little screen time is allotted to others will be minimized once again.

10. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I didn't get the feeling from the Entertainment Weekly interview that Adam was full of himself at all. What I did notice was that Michael Ausiello kept trying to bait Adam into talking about money and/or sensationalizing the negotiations with CBS. (I guess that stuff drives more traffic to websites and blogs:shifty:). I think Adam did a commendable job of avoiding the bait, and making it all about the fans and their support. :thumbsup: In my view, he seemed very appreciative that his fans went to bat to get him back on the show. I believe that, for the most part, the people who are concerned about Adam's return to CSIM taking screen time from other characters, would have felt this way with or without the Ausiello interview. Goodness knows it was a hot topic of discussion on this forum well before that interview hit the internet.:lol:

And CONGRATULATIONS to Adam for winning Best Supporting Actor in a motion picture (for "I Can Do Bad All By Myself") at the NAACP Image Awards!! [​IMG] It's a very well-deserved honor, IMO. [​IMG] He did a fabulous job in that movie.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I didn't get that impression either...and I read the interview. I suppose it depends on the interpretation. those who don't like him will have an impression that he is full of himself no matter what he says, his fans will defend him no matter what as well...;)
    Anyway, I'm glad he is back and congrats for winning an award! Also Hill Harper from NY got an award! :)

12. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I've read the EW interveiw too, and I still don't get the impression that he is full of himself, I feel he is very grateful to his fans for all of their support and efforts in making their feelings known to CBS. But I fully agree that it's subject for interpretation. I'm looking forward to the rest of this season and his full-time return for next season. Congrats to Adam for his win at the NAACP awards. I love "I Can Do Bad"

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I totally agree, especially since the negative comments had already started before the interview, so...

And yay for the award he deserves it! :thumbsup:

Just saw the ET clip with Adam and David Caruso. Just talking about the LA episode and such :). I'm glad tonight we finally get a new episode and Adam is in it.

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Eric was barely in last night's episode; he was merely following H around and then by the end of the episode he disappeared...my fanfiction should clear that up, I hate seeing things go unfinished on CSI miami.

15. perriwinkle88

perriwinkle88 Rookie

Oh it's been a while since the last post!
    I just want to wish our wonderful Adam R. a Happy 35th birthday!

@arodatyahoo sent a video to Adam to welcome him back and to greet him. I thought I'd share it with you here. You could see a lot of love & effort poured in this video- a testimony on how Adam's fans are so dedicated.:thumbsup:

Here's the link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QugOf76F4QY