Adam/AJ: Lab Geeks Can Be Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
212187ue1.jpg

I think part of the problem with Kendall is rather than casting an actress who would have been a great foil for A.J./Adam, they went with someone who's gorgeous and...well, there's not much else to her at this point. Someone like Garcia from Criminal Minds would have been perfect for Adam--a fellow nerd who we would buy crushing on him a bit, and having a teasing relationship with him. It's not that Bess Wohl is bad--I just don't think she's the best person they could have cast if they wanted a counterpart for Adam.

I would like to see more about the storyline of Adam's father being a bully
I'm willing to see that story, too! But a father-son relation like that can not be expossed like "hi, I'm Adam and my father used to hit me as a kid". There is needed more space for developing such a complex relation. So I rather wait for the propper episode which will be able to include the whole thing.

And, if until then we have to be spectators of his ins and outs with Kendall, well, at least we will be able to see him on screen!!

yas

"I'm glad you stayed"

There should definitly be some exploration of father son relationships for lots of the characters. I would love to see Adam's character be explored, but not rushed through one episode. the writers should spread it out, doing the 'giving of hints thing' the love to do and then showing us the complex relationship that most families have.
You're all jealous of Kendall because you want Adam only for yourselves...j/k
Well...yeah, busted there.
And I completely agree with Top, finding an actress that would've played a good foil to him would've worked better than going for someone whose simply pretty. If they paired him up with someone who is a little geeky, and who just looks more like someone he could relate to would have worked better. And I love Garcia, so a character like her would've been a wonderful addition to the show. Someone who's not shy, willing to say what she thinks, but is still sweet in a geeky 'love my lab techs' kind of way.
I also hope that tptb doesn't start cutting down on Adam's screen time just because he had such a large part in down the rabbit hole. Seeing him there makes me want to see more of him!
And, if until then we have to be spectators of his ins and outs with Kendall, well, at least we will be able to see him on screen!!
now that's looking at the glass half full! I can agree with that.

I wouldn't mind one episode that kind of brought Adam's relationship with his father to the forefront--sometimes things don't come up unless it's important to the situation at hand, and Adam's not a major character that has a lot of personal conversations with people where little comments might come up.

However, I'd also enjoy little mentions over time that either lead up to something major or just give tidbits of information in and of themselves. The original scene about Adam's father being a bully was done in that way, and it worked, so I'd be cool with that.

I don't mind if Adam only gets a scene or two in an episode--I really just love to see him, period. A memorable scene or two is better than 6 or 7 scenes that don't stand out. That's not to say that I wouldn't love more screentime (and "Down the Rabbit Hole" was a treat, I'll tell you), but I don't want them to give it to him only because it means he'll be acting like a moron with Kendall in the room. I'd rather see nothing at all than him being made to look foolish again. *shrug* But we'll see.

You know, it's pretty awesome that this thread was started more than a year ago--I know I started it, but I did because there'd been interest in the character around the forum. And this was after he'd only been in eight episodes. Not bad for a lab tech, not bad at all. ;)

And can you believe that he's only been in 27 episodes overall? :eek:

To me, it's really impressive how Adam came up as a character. A.J. says he basically built him from a couple of lines! I mean, think about it this way: A.J. came in to play this random lab tech who had a couple of info lines, and rather than just reading them like, "And there was sodium in this fingerprint, indicating the person works at the salt mines!" he made his delivery kinda quirky and decided Adam was shy and kind of awkward and then built on that in future episodes. I'm convinced that's why he's a regular now. There's no way when that character was conceived that the writers were thinking, "Let's make Adam a reg somewhere down the road!" It was all A.J.

I can buy that. It didn't take long for me to notice his cuteness. I'm talking about personality as well as looks. The writers needed to jump on that! He's a keeper.

And does not need to lose an ounce. He's perfect the way he is. :)

I can't believe no other Aussie mentioned this in the last week ... oh wait, I AM the only Aussie :eek: :lol:

Anyhoo, here in Aus on channel 9, same station that airs New York, they had on as a guest ... Aj Buckley
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Didn't even know he was coming until he turned up for an interview on Mornings with Kerry-anne Kennerly. He looked very spiffy in a light grey suit, white shirt, brown shoes and man jewellery. He had those black rubber bracelets on his right wrist and a ring on each middle finger. He wasn't clean shaven but had a tidy 5 day growth.

I noticed it all, thought Fay might need details :lol:

He talked about how he had been on many series, including CSI Miami, which he mentioned that he had been offered a full time job on, but TPTB didn't know how often his character would pop up. And apparently you can't be on two series at once so he took the New York role when it was offered. He spoke about Sharni a little and said a 13 hour flight is nothing when it's for someone that special.

*GAG*

:lol: :lol:

They showed some of the show in German (a scene between him and Gary) and he loved it. He wasn't on very long, but he seems like a cute little chipmunk.

It's not up on youtube yet Fay :(, I looked :lol:, but maybe someone will have it eventually.

F*ck details, Fay wants pictures. :lol:

He talked about how he had been on many series, including CSI Miami
Uh, he wasn't on Miami. He was in an episode of Vegas, but he's never been on Miami--he has mentioned being offered a job, though.

I'm glad he went with NY instead of Miami--he'd look good in the lighting/colors/etc that they use on there, but I stand by my theory that his red hair would compete with Caruso and I don't have to tell you who would go. :p Plus, I just like NY more than Miami.

He spoke about Sharni a little and said a 13 hour flight is nothing when it's for someone that special.

*GAG*
Well, that's this business. Honestly, I'm not comfortable talking about his personal life. He plays Adam and I love it, and he does interviews and I love that too, but beyond that kind of thing it's none of my business.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Fay, haven't got pictures, but like I said it may turn up on youtube :D

I can swear he said Miami, coz I thought hmmm, that's weird, but he also said he'd been on many other shows.

As for Sharni, just mentioning what got said in the interview is all. The host bought it up as part of the show, he went a little red and girly. :lol: It only lasted about 5 minutes and I don't know what else he did while here, it may turn up in the mags somewhere :D

I think Kendall is awesome actually...she's funny...and she makes AJ cuter by letting him be vulnerable and dorky. I hope we see more of them together.

Adam has always been cute, vulnerable and dorky. I don't see how having him interact with Kendall has done anything for his character at all.

That's my point. What I like about him is that he's vulnerable and dorky. If he is trying to date someone out of his league (aka Kendall)then we will continue to see him being vulnerable and dorky...which is what we like. So that should make us happy.

I see Kendall as thinking she's out of Adam's league rather than actually being out of Adam's league. I personally would rather see Adam being cute, vulnerable and dorky with the rest of the team than see him trying to chase some chick who is just toying with him. Plus I haven't been exactly overwhelmed by Bess Wohl's performance so far, so unless that changes I can't really get too excited about Adam's scenes with Kendall

PerfectAnomaly said:
I see Kendall as thinking she's out of Adam's league rather than actually being out of Adam's league.

You win the prize with that one there! :D I vote we all give Adam his due snuggles. ;) Also, Fay , I am assuming you saw that the press release actually had Adam in the right spot this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back