Adam/AJ: Lab Geeks Can Be Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hats off to AJ. He was amazing in the hostage situation, and even though he was absolutely terrified he still managed to be brave and help out Danny :D I'm glad that TPTB didn't make Adam sit in the corner and whine.

Oh my, I agree w/all the statements here about Adam's situation.
It would be incredibly out of character and just plain wrong if they blame Adam. He was tortured, for God's sake.
I poked my wittle wip out when I saw the cig burns. You know he didn't give up the info easily. When Hawkes showed Mac Adam's pass, I only saw concern, so I don't think they will blame him. Adam will be suffering some major guilt, though, no matter how many times they tell him it was okay. I just hope they don't make him miracuously (sp?) get over it. That would suck. hard.
AJ gave a stellar performance. He's such an amazingly talented actor. :)

You know, since everybody thinks AJ was fantastic in the finale, we should all click my banner and send him some fan love in return for a job well done. :D :D :D

Me? Pimping out the fan project? Why no! Why on earth would you think that?!

*psst!* Only 2 weeks left, everyone! :)

^Pimp that project! :D

AJ was great. Poor Adam probably will feel guilty for a while, though as others have said, he really does have nothing to feel guilty for. Anyone would have cracked under that kind of pressure. Even Danny sounded pretty fearful after those guys beat him and made him call Flack. One thing that should hopefully help a little is that no one in the lab was seriously hurt--Danny and Adam were in far worse shape than Mac, Stella and Hawkes were. The only people who died in the lab were bad guys!

I thought Adam was pretty darn courageous too--he went to get his kit when Danny provided the distraction and then he saved the cops' lives when he could have gotten shot. I imagine Danny's bravery inspired him, but I think Adam showed a lot of his own.

I think some of Adam's guilt will come from comparing himself to Danny--Danny didn't hesitate to provide a distraction, didn't keep his mouth shut knowing that they'd hurt him. Now me, I know Danny was being a bit of a reckless dumbass, but that's not what Adam would see. He'd see it as 'I should have been able to do the same thing.'

I definitely think that there's something to be said about a person who is scared out of their mind but still does something courageous. In some ways, it might even be more impressive than someone who just does anything without thinking of possible consequences...

hehpwnd.jpg

Oh, and by the way, Danny was flinging sulfuric acid all over the place--I wonder if any of it got on himself or Adam, or if they were magically spared because they're, er, speshul?

Faylinn said:
Oh, and by the way, Danny was flinging sulfuric acid all over the place--I wonder if any of it got on himself or Adam, or if they were magically spared because they're, er, speshul?

Geeze, Fay :rolleyes: everybody knows working in the CSI lab makes you immune to sulfuric acid. :rolleyes: :p

^^After this ep you'd have to ask Mac. :lol: Dude had a serious amount of bullets flying around him with nary a nick.

Love the pic you posted above, Faylinn! May I snag?

Wasn't Adam just super fantastic in the finale? :D I think AJ has had a great year.

Faylinn said:
I think some of Adam's guilt will come from comparing himself to Danny--Danny didn't hesitate to provide a distraction, didn't keep his mouth shut knowing that they'd hurt him.
You can see that he looks terrified of the gun, and that he is genuinely terrified of being killed. Danny on the other hand, is reckless with both his own life and others (IMO). I really felt for Adam in the this episode, I somehow expected more camaraderie in the finale between those two and I just don't think it worked out that way. Still, all things considered Adam held up pretty well. I really hope they make even more use of Adam next season, he is a character than needs exploring. And I would be interested in seeing his reaction and recovery from these events.
SD4.jpg

But look, when he needs to, he can even be heroic!! *yay* And save the lives of others. *loves Adam*
Sd14.jpg

*Considers AJ suitable for a place in the opening credits* :D

eek, edited to put my pictures the right way round *lol*

Faylinn said:
I think some of Adam's guilt will come from comparing himself to Danny--Danny didn't hesitate to provide a distraction, didn't keep his mouth shut knowing that they'd hurt him. Now me, I know Danny was being a bit of a reckless dumbass, but that's not what Adam would see. He'd see it as 'I should have been able to do the same thing.'

Definitely. I'm sure Danny's bravado had to make Adam feel a little less brave, even though it was reckless and dangerous and could have gotten him killed.

I definitely think that there's something to be said about a person who is scared out of their mind but still does something courageous. In some ways, it might even be more impressive than someone who just does anything without thinking of possible consequences...

I agree. Stepping out in front of those cops was a pretty damn brave thing to do, but it was clear that Adam was thinking about the conquences--that they might be killed if he didn't. He was obviously scared to--he could have been shot by someone with an itchy trigger finger--but he thought about it and did it.

Quite a contrast to Danny "I'll throw acid in someone's face and see what happens from there" Messer. :lol:

Adam was da man! he saved those two cops. i am sure what heppened to him will reflect on his character next season...i hope we see more of this Canadian Hunk!

Maryse:
Canadian Hunk!
*giggles* I don't know why, but I read that as "Canadian Hulk," so now I'm picturing him big and green, eh? :lol:

ELSIE BROUGHT PEEEEECTURES! :lol:

Danny could say that the hostage takers needed them alive all he wanted--when someone has a gun in your face, and you know they wouldn't hesitate to kill someone, you can't just go 'Oh, yeah, they won't shoot us.'

Elsie said:
Danny on the other hand, is reckless with both his own life and others (IMO).
Yep, he bore the brunt of the abuse, but he also put the other guys in danger too. It was a lose-lose situation in some ways, damned if you do and damned if you don't, but still...

I really hope they make even more use of Adam next season, he is a character than needs exploring.
Yes, me too. AJ is a very versatile actor, and I'm confident that he could pull off anything the writers decide to throw at him. :)

I somehow expected more camaraderie in the finale between those two and I just don't think it worked out that way.
Yeah, definitely not--which is a good point. These two have had a great, light-hearted friendship so far. I loved their scenes in "Consequences", for example. Now, I don't think things will be the same between them. *pet pet*

*Considers AJ suitable for a place in the opening credits*
Yes, wouldn't he be adorable in the credits? I don't know why, I can just picture them using some adorable images of him and just making me grin like an idiot whenever the credits play. :lol:

Top41 said:
Quite a contrast to Danny "I'll throw acid in someone's face and see what happens from there" Messer.
Danny's, er, likes surprises? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back