Adam/AJ: Lab Geeks Can Be Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, no, of course you wouldn't. Why would we track him down to take him home with us? :devil:

:lol:

detectdevotion said:
Oh man, Fay, I love that pic ( and the rest of them, too ) !

I really want to head up to LA and meet people at the NY Summer get-together! But I dunno about hotel rates and all that stuff...maybe I should just drive up every morning.

You should come! :) In the thread, people are discussing hotel room sharing, which saves money, and MrsG also reserved a block of rooms so we'd get a group rate.

Who knows, maybe we'll run into them? :devil: Not that I'd purposefully go looking for AJ or anything... ;) ;) ;)

It's unlikely, something we're cautioning about in the meet up thread. LA is a big place (as I'm sure you know, being from SD). But believe it or not, I do know someone who saw AJ in a breakfast place once. So I guess you never know! :lol:

I loved seeing Adam out of the lab. I thought it cute that Adam was all cold and stuff. Danny was just jealous that Adam gets to stay in the lab and stay warm. Then I was thinking I guess sleeping with the boss is working out for him. :lol:

Oh, Cupcake.

I love it when Adam ventures out of the lab, and I really like that he's popping up all over the place, and not just in A/V or Trace. He's so cute, and he's got a nice little laugh.

Missed the beard a little though...they trimmed off a bit too much in my opinion. Still, he was a lot sexier than he's been on the show so far. I downloaded this one and stuck it on my iPod because of all the Adam -- and the Flack -- cuteness.

And yay for AJ getting some props in the episode review! I was wondering when the lady-reviewer was going to get around to mentioning what an awesome job AJ has done bringing Adam to life and making him a crucial, memorable character.

Ah yes, 'Cupcake' indeed. That little gem of a nickname is definitely going to make it into a fanfic or two. :devil:

I loved seeing Adam around as well. He was at the scene, he was in that new garage-looking-set or whatever it was, he was walking down the halls. Our dear lab geek isn't stuck in the lab. :p

I agree about the beard. I was watching it like 'wow, Adam is sexy...but what happened to my bummfluff?!' :lol:

It seems obvious that they're tweaking the character a bit. He's more like the season 2 Adam in "Obsession," rather than the early season 3 Adam. He was still dorky, but not as scatterbrained as he has been so far this season.

I wonder if this is a calculated move--he's sexier, and he's in the field taking pictures, collecting evidence, and talking out the scene with Hawkes. I don't want Adam to become a CSI like Greg did on the original show, because the character lost so much of who he was, and I'd worry that the same would happen to Adam--not to mention that NY doesn't need any more CSIs. However, it wouldn't surprise me if at least the writers of this particular episode had that idea in mind. :p

Does Adam have an Arizona accent? I have no idea what an Arizona accent sounds like, but it makes me wonder. I'm going to have some fun speculating about why he moved to NYC in fanfic. ;)

And yep, the review was spot-on, and I'm glad to see Adam in there was well. He's such a great character, and his scenes always make an impression on me. ;)

These two look like they had a blast. :p
CarmineandAJwithrings.jpg

(Oh, and I want to weep. My mother called AJ 'the Rich look-alike' when we were re-watching "Obsession" today. Rich is my brother. Yes, I said he kinda-sorta looked like my brother in that one picture with the crazy beard. But that's just because he's pale, has red hair, and a bit of a pointy nose. Even looking at that same picture now, I don't know why I compared them. :rolleyes: HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MY BROTHER. *sob* Mom, I'm going to crawl into a corner and die. Because AJ is hawt, and he looks nothing like my brother. Pale-with-red-hair-and-a-big-forehead does not a look-alike make. :()

Wow. I could ditto that whole post, Fay! And I don't want to give too much away, but I reconstructed my sad-backstory for Adam and have know come up with my take on why he's in New York and not Phoenix. I'm working on the fic as we speak, but it's not quite done and it'll need a round or two of editting. But look for a link in the next couple of days for sure, probably tomorrow or Saturday.

I'm not sure how I feel about Adam being a full-fledged CSI, but he had a camera and a kit -- how many times have we seen Danny arrive at a scene just the same way ( minus the shivering )? Still, you make some valid points about losing something vital in that jump. But I'd love to see Adam in every episode, even if it is only briefly. He's too much fun and too memorable not to. And I really liked the snark and the calmness he had in this episode. A+ as far as Adam goes.

Bring back the bummfluff!

I definitely love the way Adam is very sure of himself. He knows what he's doing and doesn't doubt his ability to do his job. In fact, that would be a really interesting storyline if they ever gave him a big part in an episode--if he did something wrong, or it seemed that he did... ;)

As for him being a fully-fledged CSI--I could see it, but I'm not sure I'd like it. I mean, he's just so perfect in the lab. Seeing him at the scene every once in a while is nice, but would they really let him whine all of the time if he was a CSI? :p

But having him in every episode would be great. ;)

Yay for a fic! I'm reworking "Rough" and starting a multi-chapter sequel for it, so I'll be talking about it in the Danny/Adam thread soon. ;) My backstory for him fits well with him leaving the state he grew up in and moving to the other side of the country.

Bummfluff love forever! :lol:

AJ, if you read this thread, you are a freaking LEGEND!!! :D

Yessirree. Thanks SO much :)

One day, hopefully, it will be your turn ;)

^ For those who don't know, AJ was cool enough to ad Crankyjules pimping of the Carmine Emmy project to his MySpace page. Go, AJ! You rock!

AJ is a freakin' sweetheart. And I'm really excited that he's in "Some Buried Bones." Does anyone know if he's in "The Lying Game," which is next week's episode?

Of course AJ is a sweetheart. ;) Then again, how many people would think he's a total asshat if he hadn't approved it, whatever his reasons might have been?...

AJBuckley-1.jpg

According to tvguide.com, AJ is going to be on something called "TV Watercooler" (on the TV Guide channel) several times in the near future. I'm not sure what the show is, but I'll be taping it. :lol:

I'm not sure about "The Lying Game," though, dd. :( I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Edit: My new avvie is from this picture, which is just too cute. *pinches his cheeks*

AJcute.jpg

I need to try to make an avvie out of it that's more clear...

Edit 2: I made a slightly better avvie. :p My computer kinda sucks. :lol:

Faylinn said:
Of course AJ is a sweetheart. ;) Then again, how many people would think he's a total asshat if he hadn't approved it, whatever his reasons might have been?...

Not me :) It was a cheeky move. I wouldn't have blamed if he didn't approve it.

I'm still really looking forward to "The Last Sin Eater" -- and not just because AJ is in it, although that was what sparked my interest at first. The concept is really interesting, and I'm probably going to pick up the book sometime this month before it comes out. Which is sometime in Feb...I can't remember what day exactly. But he's got the whole lumberjack thing going on in that movie. :lol: I might have to giggle through the whole thing. Or else shoot off some of Adam's best one-liners, like, "I like shrimp..."

My movie-neighbors must hate me.

Ah, but if I was your movie neighbor, I'd just giggle with you and the rest of the people in the theater would want to have us thrown out. :lol:

I taped the TV Watercooler episode with AJ on it, but I haven't watched it yet. Someone told me he was really cute, though. :p

There are other things on tvguide.com for him within the next two weeks. I must be crazy because I'm going 'hmm, "Manticore?"...ok, works for me.' :lol:

Oh Adam, how you make me giggle.

Which is saying a lot because in a show like CSI, I tend to not giggle.

I like that I'm never disappointed when I see the name "AJ Buckley" appear in the credits; his scenes are usually always moment favorites in an episode. It's even better when its Danny and Adam together. The whole speel in "Obsession" concerning the nickname 'Cupcake' and being from Arizona was simply awesome. I could in a sense relate seeing how some family members moved from Arizona and would freeze if it dropped anywhere below 80 degrees -- and they only moved to California.

But what's up with the slicked back hair, lol? What is he taking styling lessons from Danny? Next thing we know, he'll be trying to highlight that fluffy head of his.

But speaking of Danny, the man needs to shave those sideburns again. I loved how every time he came on screen in "The Lying Game," all I could watch was the sideburns growing back in. :lol:

Though I do hope they keep Adam in the lab. I've sadly lost a lot of faith in the writers this season and while I think they do well enough with him in short blurps; I doubt their abilities to handle him on a long term basis. Chances are we'd end up with an ADHD Schizophrenic who twitches around all time as if he's doped up on caffeine.

Besides, I think the lab is more of his domain. I much prefer hearing the confident one-liners "Oh, but my friend [insert the techncal name of brown algae here] would like to disagree." I like seeing him venture out of A/V and Trace, but it made me a little nervous seeing him all sexed up New Yorker style and taking photographs.

Faylinn said:
(Oh, and I want to weep. My mother called AJ 'the Rich look-alike' when we were re-watching "Obsession" today. Rich is my brother. Yes, I said he kinda-sorta looked like my brother in that one picture with the crazy beard. But that's just because he's pale, has red hair, and a bit of a pointy nose. Even looking at that same picture now, I don't know why I compared them. HE DOESN'T LOOK LIKE MY BROTHER. *sob* Mom, I'm going to crawl into a corner and die. Because AJ is hawt, and he looks nothing like my brother. Pale-with-red-hair-and-a-big-forehead does not a look-alike make. )
I feel for you, Faylinn. I once remarked to a friend of mine how Eddie Cahill was slowly growing on me and she tells me, "He kind of reminds me of your dad." And that killed that. I shall merely appreciate the character once again, lol.

detectdevotion said:
My movie-neighbors must hate me.
Lol. Chances are I'd either giggle or throw out some comments as well. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back