Adam/AJ #2: The X-Factor - Must. Fight. Crime!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm absolutely sure that it isn't a TV show. The fact that it isn't on any schedule anywhere gives it away. And the fact that it's launching at the same time across different countries, which would be very suspect to me.

From listening to the commentaries on the site, especially the David Nutter one, the language being used is obviously deliberate and in some ways ambiguous. It's a very clever advertising campaign really, but I'm pretty sure that those on the web who are claiming it's an advert for an actual TV, albeit a 'special tv' (therefore expensive, but then this campaign must have cost a fair bit), are probably correct. ;)

Actually from listening to the commentaries anyway, if it was a real show I think it would only be worth watching for the lovely AJ Buckley, because the premise sounds more than a little ridiculous to me. :lol:

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

:lol: So pretty much we're all confused as to what it actually is... I'm going to do some digging around the net, if I find anything of intrest I'll come and let you know...

Here's a link to it's page on IMBD... It says it's a tv mini series, and according to it, will air today in the States...

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ I'm not confused. I'm convinced by those on the internet who are claiming it's a clever marketing campaign for LG's 'Scarlet' brand of televisions.

Clearly confused and interested people looking it up on the internet is what their marketing people were hoping for. Hence the lack of accurate information, because presumably like most people on here, once I definitively know what it is, and it isn't AJ Buckley in a new tv series, then I will no longer be interested. :lol: But then again I'm not in the market for a new TV.

I'm a little bit annoyed with AJ Buckley though. I feel somehow deceived. :p :lol: From his recent interviews about the 'Supernatural' episode we should have all realised this wasn't all it seemed, as what would the chances of him a) CBS allowing him to do a new tv show, and b) him not mentioning it in his recent interviews?

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I'm not annoyed at AJ, if this mystery and confusion was the marketing strategy then he did what he was supposed to do, he was fair.

I thought it was a tv movie or a mini tv series (a couple of episodes or so) and in that case, and having account of the free time with the writer's strike, I saw no problem about AJ having shot it.

Looking to the bright side, we'll have our lovely AJ on a worlwide commercial.;)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Oooh now I am less confused, and you could be right... It sounds like a clever marketing scheme indeed... Like you said, if AJ, was to be making a new show, I'm sure he would have mentioned it in interviews, it's not like he'd be wanting to keep it a closely guarded secret... Hmm... :lol:

Like you said Hormiga, I also thought was something he had done during the strike... Also like you said, I'm not annoyed at him, I just find it a little bit random that all of this effect would have gone into a marketing campaign... I mean it's huge... :lol: But I supose that's what advertisors do...

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

:lol: Ah very true. It's also good exposure for him.

I think when I originally heard about the 'mini series' I assumed it was something he had done during the writer's strike, and I guess it was something he did during the writer's strike really, but in his interview he mentioned travelling and the like, but nothing about a new tv show. Of course you could argue that it was supposed to be secretive or whatever. ;)

And, just to clarify, I'm not actually annoyed at AJ. It was just a joke.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, I'm annoyed! I was going to watch some crappy mini series just because he was in it, and now we find out it's not even real. ANNOYED!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love AJ. *pet pet*

8. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

Aw. Poor Fay. Got all worked up over nothing. I'd pick up a new show if he was in it. He's just that amazing.

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I don't remember if this was already posted but for those who haven't watched Supernatural episode with AJ "Ghostfacers" here you can find some clips, well, and for those who watched it too because there are many deleted scenes.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

:guffaw::guffaw:That is beyond hilarious.

Corbett! :(

11. Faylinn

*sigh* My computer is not cooperating and I can't get the site to work--it screws up every time I try to go on there. Oh well, I guess I'll have to try later.

Anywho--

How adorable was Adam last night?! Poor thing, he should probably lay off the ho hos if he's working a long shift. :p

12. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Yeah, again Adam ruled the episode. I don't know where to begin to describe how I felt while he was on the screen. Like I said in the grading thread, I like that Adam remained natural throughout the entire episode, and didn't look concerned and overly concentrated like all the others do when they are processing evidence. I liked his scene with Stella at the beginning, and Mac hitting him with the folder was hilarious, although Mac should give Adam a raise, because in the last episodes he kind of found the key evidence to catch the baddie. Adam is now, my favorite character. I think it was because of him I gave the episode A+. The case was great too, but once again he light up the screen.

13. Faylinn

A little blurb about the 'Scarlet' pile of cr--er, the 'Scarlet' thing here.
    "We're obviously trying to fool people, but it's done in a fun and engaging sort of way," says Tim Alessi, LG director of product development and advertising.
    You misled fangirls, dude, and deprived us of an entire miniseries filled with AJ running around frantically--not very fun. :p

14. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

I loved Adam last night. He had me rolling with laughter. The guy's a natural, plain and simple.

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

He is a natural. I'm always happy to see a light hearted Adam scene in any episode. :lol: He was funny, and it seems to me that, although he's still nervous and a bit embarrassed at times, he has definitely gained in confidence when he's around other members of the team.

Yeah, your new TV may be pretty, but AJ is prettier! :p *Shakes fist at advertisers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.