"73 Seconds" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This season is showing real promise so far, it just started but It seems like its gonna be great.

2. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Wow, all of these threads are moving so fast it's hard to keep up! :lol:

I thought it was fantastic overall, and I've watched twice now :)

I'm just going to add in my 2 cents worth, since I can't remember most of who said what here so far.

I loved every moment of Nick :devil:
    I really thought I'd like Ted Danson, and I do, very much. I enjoyed laughing at the funny bits and being shocked at the points where we were supposed to go "ewwww" right along with them. This time it was Super Dave instead of Nick :lol::lol:

I'm bummed that they didn't record an entirely new opening theme! It would have been the perfect time to do all of them, and I guess I'm a bit jealous that only Greg got the new shot. :D All of my other shows had new openings! I'm a tiny bit consoled that they've been known to change intros partway into the season, so fingers crossed.

And they cut the best line from the show for a Nick fan! :scream:
    I was so waiting to see that scene played out in it's entirety!

And about the $100 bill that D.B. gave to Emmett, I remember that D.B. said in the beginning that he deserved a "reward" and was going to make it a brand new bill, so basically the money had a sort of legitimate reason behind it, but the basketball game part was pretty much "leading with his heart" [​IMG]

I'm sure I'll think of more later as my thoughts continue to percolate, I can't wait to see more of the seasons. It was a long summer! :lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If it makes you feel any better, lady bronco, this Greg fan didn't even notice the new shot. All I noticed was the same one with him grinning and holding up that piece of evidence LOL. And I agree about the Nick line being cut. They should have left that in!

As for Nick being the bug guy, I did kind of think it was an odd choice at first to have him as the new bug guy. Nick is the BIRD guy, not the bug guy. But then I guess a bird is not always going to come up when finding a dead body... but bugs generally do lol. I still love the scene where he was talking about birds and Grissom was confounded and then said "oh animal planet" and Nick said, "you say something smart and you're a genius, I say something smart and I watch too much tv". :lol: That's not the exact quote, but its been a while lol. Anyway, him being the bug guy doesn't really feel forced or anything to me. Actually, I kind of felt like they made him the bug guy because they wanted it to be a whole Nick conquering his fears type of thing. Remember he had issues with bugs after being buried alive and bitten by all those ants.

I agree with (I think it was hiphugger who said this, forgive me if I'm wrong) the fact that maybe the writers having Nick say what he said regarding Ray was a way for them to say "we screwed up" (by the way they wrote the Haskell storyline).

I think DB is a nice balance of humor and stability and I like that. I do think he's what the team needed in many ways.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  4. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Still with Nick. :) From the looks of it so is the 'Big Mouth Billy Bass'. :lol:

Susan

5. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Yipee, at least Russell didn't keep it :shifty: I wonder if it lives in the break-room now :confused:

6. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, but I wonder where Stevie is and where Nick's spider is. Maybe he gave Stevie to Sara to take to Grissom lol. Speaking of tarantulas, did you know there are some that have pink fur and some that have blue fur? One of the blue furred ones is called a cobalt I think. I personally don't care what color a spider is, its still a spider and they still creep me out lol.

7. EmmaMay

EmmaMay Hit and Run

It won't happen but i'd love a scene between Greg and DB where DB urges him to speak up a bit. I dunno, I can see someone telling Greg what to do and him just going with it and Russell saying, look everyone in this team is an equal and you gotta stand up and say no sometimes.

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Something like that, yes, but I'm 99.99999% sure it won't happen

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

At first I was going to act like I never saw yer little question...seeing it was from YOU :lol:, but seeing you bolded my name....well, I suppose I should reply.*sigh*

I don't know what I think about his apparent "intimate" knowledge. I don't know if I even want to know. It's just plain out weird! But seeing it's Hodges...I suppose I've gotten used to expecting the unexpected from that character...whether it's good or bad. He is certainly not a boring character. TPTB have always given him the quirky habits, or lines. It better not be something he's getting himself into to help get over Wendy.

I bet he googles a lot of this ... as well. From Perez Hilton to Twilight chat forums...it wouldn't surprise me in the least. I guess Wendy was right way back in season 7 when she called him freak boy. :lol:

The fetal pig was the first thing I looked for when we saw Nick gathering up his stuff from the office. And oddly enough, was glad to see that he was taking it with him.

I don't know who mentioned it, earlier, but I will have to agree. This episode had somewhat the same feel, to me, as Viva Las Vegas did....just not with so many individual cases. I think it had to do with the shared screen time between all characters and it having a nice flow.

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Things seem to be looking up this season. I have absolutely no use for Ted Danson's views, but I had to give him a chance. WOW! Great job! His character brings a uniqueness that's been missing for the last few seasons. I laughed at a pizzed-off Katherine calling him "Moonbeam."

Didn't watch much last season because I got tired of the Ray-Langston-can-do-anything episodes. But if they're all like this, I'll be back.

11. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Superb episode. I liked DB from the moment he spoke.

Catherine was right about the fracturing of the team and the leading by the hearts, but frankly she is partially to blame as the de facto boss. I believe that she understands this and probably is pissed more at herself for allowing it to happen.

What a great start to a new season. The shake up is exactly what is needed to bring some freshness to a show that a lot of us thought wouldn't make it to season 12!

Bravo! A+ :thumbsup:

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The difference here is Nick was getting comfortable with a potential murder suspect. DB was trying to have the kid open up about what happened after he witnessed his mother get shot. Trying to show that he's a man of his word, DB paid back the little boy.

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I know! :lol: And Nick said DB was growing " 'shrooms' " in the office. :lol: But "medicinal", added Catherine. :guffaw:

14. GregNickRyanFan

I can't wait to see DB and Gil meet. DB grows shrooms in the office where Grissom kept a pig in a jar and insects in a fridge LOL.

Cath's "DB Moonbeam" comment made me giggle.

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree. There's a huge difference when you're dealing with a six year old who has been traumatized and a murder suspect who broke the law on his third strike. Comparing the two really makes no sense to me at all.