"418/427" Discussion thread **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Dec 5, 2010.

1. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

...I just now realized he wasn't in this ep, didn't miss him either

Not the greatest ep, but certainly not the worst, I had hoped CSI would go out with a bang for the year

And seriously CBS why can't CSI have a Christmas episode already, we've had Halloween and a Thanksgiving one, so why not Christmas????

I knew something was screwy with Agent Moore, I was hoping for a big twist like in Disarmed and Dangerous where the agents were fakes, some big dark twist, or something really...just a better twist

Brass had a pretty good amount of screentime, best he's had in quite awhile I think

Wish Greg could of had another scene or so, but January is coming soon ;)

I think screentime was divided up pretty evenly among our main cast and Moore

Nick, nice seeing him being the bug guy, seeing Hodges all itchy, made me feel a little itchy too

And Hodges is appearently doing trace, dna, and prints, could we please have another full time lab tech, or even better have Wendy back :), or see more of the recurring lab rats we've had for a long time but hardly ever see anymore??

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

No Ray? Seems like Christmas came early this year!

Season 11 has been pretty Brass-less, so it was nice to see quite a bit of my favorite sarcastic detective tonight. Paul Guilfoyle has been extremely underused as of late, which has been a damn shame. The great thing about Paul's acting method is that he's fantastic at both conveying deep emotion and humor through his dialogue. Tonight he delivered both emotionally and humorously--I like that a lot.

Doc Robbins being featured prominently and Catherine handling a gun were some great highlights for me. I'm still not sure why Hodges is being so active in the field this season (and doing Mandy's job? really?!). I recall Carol Mendelsohn saying that he's going to be more involved with the team this season, but doing such a 180 on the character--going from loathing the field to loving the field--is really odd to me.

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I was kind of distracted while watching it, so guess I'll have to watch it again tomorrow and pay better attention.

I'm not sure why, but a lot of this episode, especially in the beginning, didn't even feel like "CSI" - maybe because of the FBI involvement, or because there wasn't much evidence processing at the start. Or maybe it's just because I was only half paying attention. :confused:

Like sharp, I was expecting a bigger twist - like the FBI guy was the pedophile all along, and just framed the other guy.

I watched it twice, and didn't even notice Ray was missing until I read it here. :lol:

4. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I'm with those who never noticed Ray was gone until it was read here. :lol: Sorry, Ray. Guess you don't leave much of an impact...

This was an okay episode. It had three things I hate: pedophiles, bad parents and bedbugs. I was actually hesitant on watching this as it makes me really uncomfortable to watch pedophile cases. They usually make me mad.

I figured the FBI douche had done it. Then I thought it was the son. I was surprised when they revealed it was both. I really feel bad for the son. Parent's obsession made him psychotic. That just really shows how bad a person he is, especially for denying that his son had problems. Bastard.

One complaint. Why the hell did Brass give the bastard his daughter's stuffed animal? To make him feel better?! The bastard murdered his wife! Sorry but that really pissed me off. :mad:

And why was Hodges out in the field? I figured he'd be doing more tasks around the lab, but out in the field? Explanations would be nice.

And the bedbugs has made me want to steam clean everything in my house. Is it wrong that when Brass found the girl and hugged her, I yelled "Don't! She's infested!!" I'm such a caregiver... :lol:

Decent episode, but events within it had me a little squicked.

5. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Love Doc in this one.

Going all Quincy on the sister and calling Super Dave 10-Cent and not to Bust any Rhymes :guffaw:

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I too hadn't noticed Ray was missing until I read it here :lol:

Anyway, good episode. I thought that the scene with Sara and Trent were she was trying to get him to drop the gun was very well done. It was intense and even though I was sure Sara wasn't going to get shot I got a little worried.

7. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh, I definitely agree! In the beginning everything was going really fast and it was hard for me to keep up with what was happening. I had to rewind several times to catch what they were even saying. :lol: And with the FBI dude, it had a bit of a Criminal Minds feel to it, but I kept thinking how Hotch would NEVER let the CSI's take over the case! :lol:

I loved Super Dave's little rap in the morgue too. :lol: And Doc was great in this one.

For a minute there toward the end, I thought they were going to leave the little girl missing. :( I'm glad they found her, of course, and I was just sure it was going to be Nick (again) to go in and get her, so it was nice to see Brass do it. :)

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think in the end Brass cut him some slack because he killed his wife to keep his kids, and he did confess to save his son. He was pretty much unraveling throughout the episode while his daughter was missing. I thought the scene with him and his son was very moving. Still a murderer, but a remorseful one.
    I thought it was a pretty good ep, well done with respect to showing how a schizophrenic might think and react, confused and irrational. Doc and Brass and Sara were particularly good in this. And the actor who played Trent did a great job. Did they address why Trent stopped his meds? I might have missed something.
    And I agree with most here that Ray wasn't missed; I've always felt that Jorja and George and Eric could carry the show, with a little help from Brass and Doc and the lab rats.
    I give this one a B+.

9. PraetorCorvinus

I guess I have little remorse for those who murder family. Even less for those who are involved in law enforcement, federal or otherwise. If it were me, I would not have given him any memento. No amount of remorse will undo what he did. Sorry, but that scene really really pissed me off.

Wow, that episode really got me bent out of shape. I probably won't watch it again...

10. Smokey

I gotta say...the little stuffed fox kind of made me weepy when I first saw it. And I did do a double take when Brass gave it to the dad because I thought, "That's all the little girl had left that was her own to hold onto...why did they take it away from her?"

But maybe Brass didn't give it to him because he felt sorry for him in any way. Maybe it was to torture him a little bit more over what he had done.

11. PraetorCorvinus

Hm. I didn't consider that. It would fit with Brass' characters too. I think I can get behind that idea. Torture the bastard. Yes... :evil:

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I don't think Brass felt sorry for him. I just think he felt that the father needed to know his daughter was ok. A sad situation all around, as is often the case involving domestic violence.

ETA: Torture? Maybe. But I didn't see the angry, snarky Brass in this one; more a sad Brass who has seen these sad situations before. That's why I liked how Brass found the little girl. I think he needed that.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I noticed that Ray and Cath weren't in the opening scene and thought that was different... usually one or both of them are there. But I was surprised that Ray never appeared once in the episode. I guess LF must have been working on another project when that episode was filmed.

Best line of the night: Doc calling Superdave "ten cent" and telling him to try not to "bust any rhymes". :guffaw:

The "itchy" scene with Hodges and Nick was also funny.

Before they mentioned that the son had schizophrenia (sp?), I thought he was the one who killed the stepmom and took the little girl. But the father's reactions were suspicious. The actor who played Trent did an outstanding job, by the way.

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I loved this one. Very emotional and heartfelt. Yea, CSI is getting away from the forensic based episodes, but I tend to like these emotional ones better than the one's where someone is in peril. :rolleyes:

I knew the FBI agent did it. His behavior gave him away. The way he threw his hand into the glass in the morgue, that did it. And why didn't Doc call security when he stormed in there?

I also knew the dad had messed with the son so much that the son started to believe that he was Rylan. Poor kid. Nice touch with Sara. I sort of cringed at her comments though when she told Officer Mitchell that he's more comfortable with women. I immediately thought she would be in peril, but instead she just talked to him. Sort of like her talking to one of the foster kids in No Humans Involved.

Loved Cath with the gun, very hot, but of course unneeded. And wouldn't the cops enter Rylans house? Why were Cath and Nicky barging down the door? One of the CSI foibles I guess, CSI's acting like cops. ;)

Overall a great episode. Better than what's coming up I think.

15. Smokey

Well, Nick yelled out that they were the police, but the SWAT team went in and cleared the place while Nick and Cath waited in the hallway. :) But I agree...the show is taking a lot more liberties these days with stuff like that.