"418/427" Discussion thread **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah, I am not sure I dig how they are becoming more like CSI: Miami and acting more like cops than Criminalists.

2. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I'm glad that Nick and Catherine didn't enter the place at all until the SWAT team fully cleared it (unlike Bump and Grind and other episodes). Not sure why Nick had to do the yelling through the door, but it does make sense that they'd be there, since they had to process the place anyway.

I really liked Sara with the son. She's very empathetic, but still in a slightly awkward way. It's very believable and shows how she's coming to terms with her mother's illness.

Brass with the daughter was good too. After 10 years of "gruff cop" and dealing with Ellie, it's nice to see him helping little kids too.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Holy Crap :eek: until I just read it in here, I didn't even notice Ray wasn't in this episode. :lol:

Hmmm, I wonder what that says? :shifty:

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I thought the episode was boring. At first, there was no sign of Catherine and the story didn't interest me at all. But when she showed up, yay! I started paying attention to the episode. I can't imagine episodes without her, except maybe if the writers can come up with "House of Horders"-like episodes every week next season. A boring episode plus the fact that your favorite character isn't on it is an awful combination. I'm glad she's still on the show.

The episode was good.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This episode was creepy and repungant as well, a pedophile and the dad was the messed up kid, awful:( I thought that Sara and Brass were the shinning stars in this episode, both awesome. The dad and Trent so awful. How Sara ia always so compassionate with kids, the end with her holding his hand, she'd be such a great mom. Brass and his always snarky lines. The one thing that we weren't so thrilled with was the absence of the lead star on the show, Ray. A missing part. With his overwelming, powerful aura and his always low-key laid back deameanor, and his deep seductive voice, his great expressions, his sly grin, how he's connected with the whole team we missed him. FYI, while they were shooting this episode he was filming "Contagion" his 3rd movie since he's been on CSI. He will be starring opposite Matt Damon, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Gwenyth Paltrow. It wasn't a great ep. but Jorja kicked butt on her always super acting:bolian:

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

We as in who you were watching it with, or we as in the fans on Talk CSI? Because from what I have been reading, many people didn't even realize Ray was gone until they came to the board.

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Well Trent was schizophrinic :)confused: spelling) and it was revealed earlier in the season that her mother was also schizophrinic, so she has an understanding of that

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

UH, 4 friends and me, one girl was going on and on saying "where is he" he's so chrismatic" her hubby told her to be quiet:lol: I also ran into a person also at the local Target earlier in the day, and she's a hugh fan of his also, But I gave her bogus info. not realizing he was not on, so she was obviously disappointed as well. In my travels, I've not met one person who's not a big fan of his on the show:bolian:I never give my opinion but ask "what do you think of LF as RL" first and go from there, so as not to taint their view. And so far, all big fans of him on CSI~

9. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I tried that once; I was surprised to learn my friends dislike him more than I do.

I rather enjoyed the ep, its one of my better liked this season. The inclusion of four of my favourites and the barely conspicuous absence of my least favourite character being the main reason :p

It was nice to see such an abundance of Brass after being oddly underused this season, and I loved the Al/Dave banter in the morgue as always.

I tend to ignore the case if it involves murder, and I tend to ignore it even more if its set in daytime (see, Miami might not be realistic but at least they know what time of the day they're supposed to be working at :rolleyes:) so the case made little sense to me. I don't dig emotional scenes so I mainly ignored them too, but Brass and the little kid at the end certainly made me smile.

I do wish that they'd show Greg and Catherine interacting with kids more- we hardly see it with Greggo and now Lindsay's all grown up we can't see Cath's lovely maternal feelings anymore. George and Paul are amazing of course, but I'd like a little more variety.

On the negative what little part of me that still liked Hodges has now fully left; this big 180 he's done from hating to loving the outdoors just seems so poorly handled IMO, and I still find it hard to believe he can work in A/V, DNA, Trace AND now prints. Just...blegh :angryrazz:

Seeing bullets being analysed without Bobby made me die a little inside :(

Overall an fairly average ep, but since I'm only watching for the characters nowadays I enjoyed it. 5/10

10. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

:guffaw: You made me shoot liquid out through my nose!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  11. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I'm sorry, but if there was a guy, like the one in the opening scene, behind me in any checkout line, I think I would have flattened him. People who behave so...ugh, childish and rude in public places really rots my insides.

I thought the episode was decent. Nothing spectacular, but decent. Brass was great as usual, Sara held her own and I really liked the conversation between Doc and SuperDave just before the FBI agent stormed the morgue. The two always make me laugh.

Speaking of the FBI agent..., whats his name...Daniel Moore, even from the previews leading up to this episode, I had this gut feeling that he had some involvement in the case. And after the incident where he put his fist through the glass in the door (which I wondered was even possible with a bare fist, given the usual thickness of the glass used in commercial-like doors such as the one used...but then thought, it was for TV and needed something dramatic), and then contaminating the crime scene...I knew for sure something wasn't right.

And Gauss's smile just creeped me right out :lol:

Personally, speaking as a fan of Hodges, I enjoyed his involement in the episode. But what has me a little curious is, why does it seem so far fetched for him to dabble a little in the different areas within the lab? Perhaps it's a little to much in such a short period of time, seeing we hadn't seen he really do that before, but didn't Greg multi-task when he was in the lab? Don't you often see the CSI's processing their own evidence? (ballistics, fingerprinting and the odd time trace when WL isn't available for shooting)

Either way, I am enjoying how the team is involving his in cases, more this season then in previous. Just like it was stated at the beginning of the season that he was going to be brought more into the team circle.

I give the episode an 7.8 / 10

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Haha! I at least would have turned around and asked him to be patient and if he kept up, I would have told him to shut up.

13. Lt.Sugar

Lt.Sugar Hit and Run

They didn't say why he stopped taking his meds, but it's not unusual that schizophrenic people just stop taking their meds. They think, they're fine and don't need the meds anymore or they have some side effects, they don't want to have anymore (some make you gain a lot of weight, feel dizzy all day and other things). You find this behavior with a lot mental ill people.

I also didn't realize that Ray wasn't in the episode until I read it here. Didn't miss him.

When Brass gave Moore the stuffed animal I was like: Yuck! I hope they washed it, the bloody bedbugs are in stuffed animals too!
    But I wondered why the little girl had no bites. If she had them, she would have been scratching, these nasty bites are so itchy.

14. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I'd have had to have sent him one of my deadly 'teacher stares' designed to stop even the most obnoxious of behaviors. :lol:

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

It's possible too that since Trent thought that Gauss was there in his apartment fighting with him, maybe "Gauss" threw out Trent's meds.