08 Presidential Elections

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching the debate last night I was appalled that McCain is still attacking Obama regardless of what he says, he comes across as resentful and grumpy, and he contradicts him self, Obama answers his stupid questions, and he goes right back on the attack. Obama stays focused and steadfast and on the topics at hand, he is so smooth:thumbsup: and now he's moving into former Republican territory, geez really:rolleyes:

OBAMA TAKING OVER plus new polls~

Given the latest polls, I am filled with dread. It looks like the U.S. would rather have four more years of the horror that the Bush administration has put us through than vote for someone who will try to move us in a more hopeful direction. And all because our racism is more important to us than our sanity. Beyond that, part of the problem is the arrogance of many Democrats who shove Obama's lead in the polls in the faces of others, instead of showing some grace and kindness. Once again, Karl Rove, Bush's mastermind and now McCain's, is succeeding in convincing people to vote out of an imaginary fear rather than reason. I truly hope the American people are smarter than that, but I fear not.

Interesting bit of news just came out. Former Secretary of State Colin Powell is endorsing Barack Obama. According to the article from CNN it's been rumoured to be the case for months.

Colin Powell endorses Obama

Thank you so much for that link, Jac-o-lantern; I was so depressed until I read that. Colin Powell means something to most Americans; I hope his endorsement will help. And I'd love to see him step back in as Secretary of State, again, in a new administration. I don't know if he'd do it, but he'd have much more latitude in working with other countries in an Obama administration than he ever did in a Republican administration.

Interesting bit of news just came out. Former Secretary of State Colin Powell is endorsing Barack Obama. According to the article from CNN it's been rumoured to be the case for months.

Colin Powell endorses Obama

Yes indeedy, great news, he's a highly respected politician, and when he left the Bush administration as Sec. of State, I believe he couldn't stomach his crap any longer. We were all at a hugh Barack-tober fest yesterday at a park, so much enthusiam, and vigor and happy people We had music, a comedian from N.Y. hilarious slamming the 'other ' party, so funny:lol:. one joke how "Sarah Palin was a beauty queen in Alaska, came in after a moose and a caribou":lol: A Pinata for the kids, and face painting, food and drinks, and all age and racial mixtures, it was great:thumbsup: An artist was doing caricatures of Obama with us. I had one done it's so great. [$5 bucks] The only time I'll ever have my portrait with him;)

OBAMA A WROKING MAN'S HERO a letter from a local voter:thumbsup:

There should be no doubt in any voters mind who should be the next president, and that is Barack Obama. He is the winner of all 3 debates and the man who clearly understands what our country needs to move forward. He is the hope of the middle class and senior citizens. he understands the need for affordable health care and the promise of a better life for future generations. John McCain and his attack pit bull Sarah Palin have run their campaign on lies, denials and flip-flops. McCain and Palin both have questionable events in their backgrounds, and people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. How many voters really believe that McCain gives a darn about the middle class "Joe plumbers" of our country? He was born into wealth and married into more money. I want a president who understands the everyday struggles of the working class, and the likes of which we have not seen since John F. Kennedy and Bill Clinton!
Press Enterprise
name witheld
Sun City, CA.

And a little tid-bit about his persona!
This has been a period of tumult, combat, exhaustion and crisis. And yet Obama hasn't displayed rage, fear, resentment, anxiety, bitterness, ecstasy, self-pity, nor impulsiveness. He stays steadfast and on target:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Desert-ghoul, where do you get that? Nice to read it. Why would that person said something about Bill Clinton? (I don't know nothing about John F. Kennedy except he cheat on his wife with Marilyn Monroe in the White House, just like Bill Clinton.) I wasn't born then. Bill Clinton didn't do nothing for us. Someone said about him mess up the economy when he was a President, but they have no approve that he did it.

Anyway, Obama went to Hawaii to take care of his ill Grandmother that raise him.

I read somewhere three month ago at Yahoo, they said Obama and McCain are better Candiate then Bush/Gore and Bush/Kerry. I will give Obama benefit of a doubt, I hope he can do it around what Bush made a mess of it. McCain, I don't believe him, I'm sorry, I don't. I remember read it somewhere that McCain bashing Bush back in 2004 then all of sudden, he agree with Bush.

I'm not vote Obama or McCain.

WalkingZombies, I don't fully understand your dislike of Clinton. He hardly messed up the economy: rather, he cleaned up the mess the first George Bush left and, when his terms in office were up, the states has a surplus of $559 billion.

I don't understand the rest of your post, but what does Obama visiting his Grandmother have to do with anything?

Showtime, I didn't said, me, I'm not a Democrate or Republican, I said someone else said that on the internet, who is Republican, Read what I said. I don't care much about Clinton or Bush, they didn't show my interest.

It got nothing to do with Obama's run thing for his President. I said, he was visit his Grandmother in Hawaii to take care of her.

Last edited:
I think that WalkingZombies was refering to Obama taking time off the campaign to visit his gravely ill grandma, who raised him, which again shows how compassionate, caring and kind he is:( how wonderful~

AP-YAHOO INDICATES McCAIN'S IMAGE DOWN

When it comes to the public's image of John McCain, it's as if somebody dialed the electricity down in recent week's. For Barack Obama, the juice is still flowing. People's regard for the Republican presidential nominee has deteriotated across the board since September, and Associated Press Yahoo News poll on Monday, with McCain losing ground in how favorably he's been seen and in a long list of personal quaalities voters seek in White House contenders. Perceptions of Obama have inproved or remainded steady. Beyond views of character traits, Obama is more trusted on the economy, the contest's commanding issue, including a 15% point edge for better grasping how the financial crisis is affecting people!

YAHOO News Service

Last edited:
Thank you Desert-ghoul, that was I was talking about, Obama is taking a day off from his campaign to visit his ill grandmother and I can't think of the word.

Obama is more lead then McCain in the polls.

So what does everyone think of the news that the Republican party has spent more than $150,000 on making over Sarah Palin and her family? A distraction? Or is it a legitimate concern?

In my own view, that is an obscene amount of money to spend on designer clothing at a store like Neiman Marcus. She claims to be down-home and with the people. I'm pretty certain they could have done a good job with camera-ready clothes without spending that much money in just two months. Heck, I don't know that I've spent that in my lifetime on clothing!

I also think it's germane to the election because we are in an economically unstable time. That is what I spent on buying a home 10 years ago and that money is untold riches to so many people who are scrambling to pay rent or mortgage and having to make difficult choices between eating and paying the bills. For a ticket that claims to be one with the people, this was a really bad idea.

I think it's alot of money as well, but not a major concern. They did the same things to Obama. They focus on tiny things and blow them up. Now it does call into question her legitamcy when it comes to her saying she's down home and such. It clearly shows she's lying. But, I think she can dig herself her own ditch without focusing on her wardrobe. I mean this woman acts like a lumberjack so she would probably come to press conferences wearing flanel jackets, steel toed boots, and levi's. I assume they were only saving her from herself.

Has anyone but me noticed that since Barrack went to Hawaii the Attacks from the other candidates seem to take more now that he is visiting his grandmother?

Yeah it's ridiculous. The man is visiting his ailing Grandmother, and they can't wait to attack him. Pathetic really. If Obama had done that, then he'd be viewed as cold hearted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back