Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, those are some oldies but great flicks:thumbsup:

I watched 'DAIRY OF A MAD BLACK WOMEN' with Tyler Perry:lol: he plays 3 different roles and directs, produces and writes his films. Madea, hysterical, so funny you can't stop laughing:guffaw: She packs a gun and threatens everyone. The poignant part is a abused woman who get trashed by her husband of 19 years sad, but everything turns out good, The brother who's also Tyler Perry a riot, he's on an oxygen tank and smokes pot and is so nasty and repulsive, but also funny. The banter between him [Joe] and Madea, is brilliant~

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, I must admit the idea of watching this film wasn't very appealing. I cried so hard the two times I've read the book that the idea of watching it wasn't the best.

But I was surprised. It was the best of the HP film so far. Maybe because I'd only read the book twice so I couldn't remember much. But honestly it was a great film, funny (but not too much) and really exciting (I have got no idea why it was released here for children the age of 12?).
But what I loved the most was the portrayal of Draco. We really got to see another side of him and that was necessary. Although I'd wished that Harry had acted more "heart-broken" over the Sectum Sempra.

So, if you've enjoyed the first four films and the books, go watch it, it's definitely worth it's money.

^Well I didn't like the portrayal of Draco. Yes, it was interesting to see more sides of his personality, but I expected something more. I liked the movie, though. I was crying over the major Dumbledore scene! :eek:

Twilight
Somehow I never wanted to see this. It didn't seem any exciting to me. My BFFL went to Germany for 10 months to work, she's crazy about it, and I miss her very much, so I decided to watch it. I don't even know why I thought it was like "chasing one other in the dark forest all the time" :D Clearly, I didn't see the trailer before watching it. Hehe. I kinda disliked Edward and his family first, because I thought they were evil. When I first saw Edward's father, I was like "Duuuude, please don't kill me!" :D But I actually love the fact that they turned out really sophisticated vampires. LOLZ. The storyline didn't really make sense to me, the James-chasing-Bella thing happened too fast. It was a little confusing, but I liked the whole thing.

Obsessed
My fangirl side wanted me to watch this, because I'm a fan of Tyra Banks, who's a fan of Beyoncé. Confusing, I know. I loved Beyoncé in the movie. She's so fierce! I liked the storyline, though the psychotic woman was kind of annoying at times. It's definitely worth watching if you guys are a fan of Beyoncé and her fierceness. She is not the main main MAIN character, but she does have a big part in the movie.

Just saw "300 Days of Summer" and I totally recommend it. It's a different and entertaining spin on the old relationship story- really fun and poignant all at the same time. Add to that some pretty good acting and a cool filming style and you got a really cool movie. Go see it. :)

G-Force: Ok so it was a rainey wet day and me and my friend didn't know what else to do except go to the cinerma. The cinerma where i live being tiny it was only showing G-force or harry potter. So me and my friend went to see G-force!

Despite the cinema being full of kids under the age of 10! I actally quite enjoyed the film! There were a few quite funny bits! and the guinea-pigs were very cute!

It starts off with the FBI trying to shut down there organisation which has 3 guinea pigs and several other animals which do secret missions! In order to try and stop the FBI shutting them down they try and do one last mission to get information for them.

Overal 3.5/5 Stars! :lol:

Ice Age 3 in 3D, well, it was OK. I haven't seen the second film yet and maybe that was a mistake?

I had the feeling it was a bit over the top. A bit too much of everything. The animation was great and in 3D even better but the story was a bit thin and really the dinosaurs? Was that necessary?

Over all a nice film but nothing I would spend (quite a lot) money for to watch it in the cinema.

Baba i am totally jealous that you got to see 500 Days of Summer!! i am dying to see it and there is no place playing it around me!! major girl crush on Zooey Deschanel so i am determined to see it haha.

The Bachelor and the Bobby Socker- was not a fan of the movie. Shirley Temple is in the movie as a 17 year old love sick girl who has a mad crush on Cary Grant. my family says that from the time i was little i always said i hated Shirley Temple and now i know why lol. it was annoying and the ending was crap.

Dark Victory- great movie with Bette Davis. i've never seen Bette Davis act in anything before this but i can see why she is one of the greatest film actresses. the story was sad and Bette Davis played the role wonderfully. the only reason she probably didn't win an Oscar was b/c Gone With the Wind and The Wizard of Oz came out in the same year.

GI Joe- awesome!!! non-stop action and a good storyline. the whole cast was perfect everyone was chosen so well. i really enjoyed seeing Rachel Nicols as Scarlett, she was in the last season of Alias and she was so good in that. my brother is a GI Joe freak so it was cool to see the cartoons and actions figures brought to life.

OK, I really wanted to see GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra... and then I really didn't want to see it. The more trailers I saw, the extra cheesier it looked. Add to that I'm not sure why people consider Channing Tatum an actor, and well... you get the picture.

THEN, a couple people I work with said they really liked it. Next up, MakeTracksCowboy says the same thing above. Hmmm. A dilemma. So, being the movie addict I am, I decided in the end to chance it. And guess what? I wasn't disappointed! OK, yeah it's based on a cheap-ass cartoon from the 80's, but so what? So was The Transformers, and dang if I didn't LOVE those movies. I would even go so far as to say GI Joe was even more action packed than the second Transformers movie, if only because it just never stops. The action starts right away, and just keeps going until it's all over. You gotta appreciate a movie with that kind of stamina! :lol:

Anyway, yes, Channing Tatum is about as bland as bland can be, but he's OK as Duke; military types can get away with minimal inflection and emotive capabilites, after all. The CGI is nowhere near as seamless as The Transformers, but really, what movie is? Sometimes it's obviously CGI in the scene, but I really didn't mind at all. And yeah, it had the standard "good versus mega-evil" storyline, but at least it had one, and it kept moving forward. And anyway, that's what I was expecting. Anyone expecting Machiavellian twists and turns should stick to Scorcese.

Anyhoo, I barely noticed that the film was a full 2 hours, and I walked away from the theatre smiling. You can't ask for more than that from a big screen action movie, now can you? :)

That Touch of Mink- was not impressed or entertained. Cary Grant as always was very good and played the same character of the man every falls for as he did through out his career. this was the first time i had ever seen Doris Day in a movie and i did not like her that much. this just reminded me of the type of chick flicks that are made today with crap, annoying back and forth stories with bad endings. the movie is pretty dated Doris Day's character is afraid people think she and Cary Grant are sleeping together since the hotel they are at has one bed and they are not married.

The Goods- loved it!! definitely not for everyone and was stupid in a lot of parts but it had me laughing from start to end. i basically just saw the movie for Kathryn Hahn, Jordana Spiro (who was excellent in the film), Ed Helms, and Craig Robinson. best scene was the scene where Kathryn Hahn's character is trying to sell Ian Roberts's character (he's from Upright Citizens Brigade and Bring it On) a car, i almost cried laughing. all the actors and characters in the movie were really funny i will definitely be buying the movie on dvd.

The Time Traveler's Wife - Ummmm. I don't know how I felt about this movie. It's kind of hard to follow, but very predictable. They did a horrible job with the promo because they spoiled part of the movie. I was expecting the movie to be pretty good, but it just fell flat in many places.

2.5/5 - Strictly because Rachel McAdams is awesome.

The Unborn

Well, I was expecting something really different. I didn't like it, though it was kinda scary at times. Somehow I just can't figure out what Auschwitz has to do with twins. Everything was a little too complicated, and things were kinda predictable. The very end was kind of lame. I'm never gonna watch this again, though some of you guys might find it better than I do.

Oh yeah, Auschwitz? Interesting- actually, in the death camps during world war 2, Joseph Mengele (a doctor in name only, in my opinion...) performed experiments on the prisoners, and was infamous for his work with twins. He'd do horrible things like try to sew them together so they'd be conjoined, etc. He was a monster.

Had a little downtime yesterday due to an injury, so went on an online movie ramplage: The Mutant Chronicles- Meh. It could have been cool, but the story just wasn't there. It assembled all these cool characters and did very little with them; the evil force in this one was extremely disappointing; the dialogue was very contrived. On the positive, it had some decent (if misused) actors, and the 300-ish styled background was sort of cool. This movie could have been so much more than it was.

The Number 23. It started off interesting and kept me involved, but it just sort of lost me near the end; I didn't really like the ending. It was OK though.

City of Ember. I actually quite liked this. The city itself was pretty cool, and I liked the whole evolution of these people; the style was sort of like City of Children, but that's about the only similarity to that film. Anyway, the acting was good and I was interested in how the story progressed right up until the end. I'd say this movie could have done better in the theatres with a little more promotion, but ah well.

Watched "The big Kahuna" (1999) again (finally in engl.).

Not much plot development :2 marketing representativs and 1 neewbie trying to get hold of a rich buisnessman in hope of getting him interested in a deal with their company, but mostly just talking between the 3 guys.

It's 90 min of blunt , mouthy and cynic Kevin Spacey ; a weary , a little depressed and in search for meaning Danny De Vito ; and blueeyed ,young Baptist Peter Facinelli .
Even if Facinelli's role was sometimes more of an catalyst all three act great and I love the discussions and biting lines.
One of my fav parts is the end with De Vitos monologue about friendship/trust/character and part of the "Everybody's free to wear sunscreen" song.

No action/mysterie , just a feel-good-movie with a lot of sarcasm and a little bit of wisdom...

Sunset Boulevard- i would like to start this review of the movie by saying i have a book of photograps taken by Edward Steichen back in the 20s-30s, he took wonderful pictures of Gloria Swanson she looked so pretty. i watched Sunset Boulevard and could not believe how batshit crazy Gloria Swanson was and how not that good looking she was but she made a brilliant performance!! she scared the crap outta me to no end but she was fantastic. great story, very tragic and sad on both ends.

My Favorite Wife- i'm still on a Cary Grant kick thanks to my great-grandmother who let me borrow some of her movies, she LOVES Cary Grant to no end. this was a very cute movie i have a good time watching it. CG's character's first wife appearently dies after her ship goes down but on the morning he remarries his first wife comes back she was alive all along. he finds out she's alive and well comedy ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back