Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well that's no fun. Who fills in for people in families? Or are we talking the family systems on those older television shows, since that what we used to get rid of Elle?

I don't know how reliable this is, but someone on TWoP told me that they are in fact writing in MGG's knee injury. Whether this means that Reid will hurt his knee or that said person is stating the obvious, I don't know.

I'm sitting here rewatching Minimal Loss, and I'm noticing that they couldn't have picked two better people to throw into that situation. Emily has pretty much always seemed protective of Reid, so it makes sense that she would take a beating before watching him get shot. Not that any of the other team members wouldn't do the same thing for any other team members, but that older-sisterly relationship has been there for a while, so it fit well. Plus, I feel like it adds a little bit to Reid's guilt factor considering how snippy he's been with her in the past (like the "oh, in the year that you've known me you've never seen me act this way" comment) yet she still cares about him. (Which seems so much like things that have happened between me and my cousin, who is like my little brother. Some days I really wonder why I still love the little annoyi- I mean, caring boy. :lol:)

This time I'm being completely serious when I ask: Does this make sense, or am I looking too far into it?

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for spoilers and tidbits. Looking forward to the new CM season, most definitely.

As fer the family :lol:. I liked Gideon, but I don't miss him. I like Rossi. I think Joe Mantegna's been a good thing for the show. Elle was okay, but sometimes for me it's hard to even remember her as being on the show; it's just that Emily integrated so well. Prentiss was another great addition. Change has been handled well on this show.

The Special Features on the CM dvds are really fun, wish they'd include even more. Love the gag reels :p

:lol: I'd watch that fer sure.

Kinda brings to mind, what was the ep,True Night, I think. The scene where Reid and Morgan have just arrived on scene after battling traffic, and Reid starts running off statistics on the interchange, and Morgan essentially says, "...how do you know that? ...why do you know that? ...Don't make me smack you in front of all these people..." Yeah, I could see a crutch buddy flick :lol:

:)eek: on being hit by a car though. Ouch, jeez). Hope they're each both on the mend.

3. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I knew Shemar (or Shemoore as we call him, haha) had broke his leg from MGG on Twitter... But I didn't know he was hit by a car. Yikes.

As for Jordan... Exchange student would work. Makes sense to have her around and JJ gone.

Alex, I don't think you're reading too far into it. In fact, I love it. You were absolutely right about the 'Minimal Loss' thing. Em has always been protective of Reid, and it was a great way to show him that she really is a member of the team.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Good, someone thinks I'm not insane or overanalytical.

I've always been curious about the protectiveness. It's hard to really think about it because we actually don't know much about Emily. I'm tempted to think that she had or has a little brother, maybe one that committed suicide (which would explain her reaction to A Higher Power) and either didn't leave a note or left an insufficient one (which would explain her reaction to Gideon's letter to Reid in Scared to Death). If she did have a little brother and she felt like she failed him, her protectiveness of Reid could be a way to divert that guilt.

Of course, it could just be that she likes him and feels older-sisterly around him. :lol:

If it's that, I stand by my other theory: that her dad was a suicide that didn't leave a note/left an insufficient one. She has daddy and mommy issues, just like Reid does. And I love them both for it. *g*

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  5. electra

electra Pathologist

Good point about Emily and Reid.She definely considers him a little bother.Had it been Morgan and Emily the ones taken hostage,I am not sure She would have jumped to said she was the FBI agent.I mean,she is brave but it was just automatic for her to protect Reid.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm sure that if it was between Morgan getting shot and killed and Emily getting her ass kicked, she would've spoken up. But she didn't even give Cyrus a chance to shoot Reid. She looked scared that she was going to have to watch Reid die in front of her, and instead of pausing to let it play out a bit, she admitted that she was FBI almost immediately.

I really wish that JJ could've gone and yelled at the AG or at least that reporter in that episode. I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get some reaction from her. She and Emily are kinda sorta friends, show.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

^ Emily would be quick to defend anyone from the team but like you said with Reid she practically jumped.I sort of feels like she needed to protect him.She acted like an older sister like our family tree said.

Had it been Morgan and Emily,Morgan would have reacted quickly.It goes with his alpha male personality.But both would be willing to help the other.That's the beauty about this team.

Absolutely agree about that reporter.I am watching the episode now and I want to enter the TV and hit him.

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm actually less annoyed at the reporter than I am at the AG. He's a lying ass and deserves to be beaten to a pulp. Let's throw him in the cult and say "Hey, Cyrus, this is the guy that got your people shot up. Have fun." Hotch's line about "I'm the guy who tells the attorney general of the United States whether to charge you with obstruction of justice or negligent homicide." The second they heard that Nancy Lund was dead, I'd bet that Hotch decided on "negligent homicide".

I love this team because if any one of them was threatened, every single other one of them would jump to defend them. And I feel that. On every other show I watch you get the sense of comradary, but it's just not real. I totally buy that Emily would take the hit for Reid. I totally buy every single time someone deflects something from another team member to save them from either themselves or something else.

Edited because I FOUND ME SOME SPOILERS... well, kinda. Some was a bit obvious but the one thing interests me.

1) I wonder if this means that the Reaper doesn't get caught in the first episode still? Wouldn't that be the purpose of a U.S. Marshal?
    2) Heh, DB Sweeney. It'll be interesting to see him play a good guy with a gun, since on Jericho he was a complete jerk.
    3) Yay, no Morgan pain! Wait, I'm supposed to like that stuff... but we can't have too many injuries early on in the season or we won't have any characters left to solve crimes. :lol:
    4) "He **** ***t!" Gee, I wonder if by chance this says "He gets shot." That would be a "duh". My only wondering is whether he gets shot in the knee. It would make sense.

BTW: Who's idea was it to put Glee opposite Criminal Minds? Either the channel hates its new show or it decided that 9PM on Wednesdays needed something happier than CM. Or they just didn't want me to watch Glee.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  9. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

^ I don't watch Glee, but NBC did put L&O:SVU against CM. WTH! :wtf: Good thing I have a DVR.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Matt hurt his leg dancing? Wow... didn't expect that one. And I figured out the little teaser puzzle too. I figured they'd do that to begin with.

And wait... they changed SVU to Wednesdays? So what happens to regular L&O that was on Wednesdays? Are they going to be back to back? Or is the other L&O moving to Tuesdays now?

11. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Bah. Criminal Minds, SVU and Leverage all come on AT THE SAME TIME. And I don't have DVR. Leverage won't be the problem... It's the other two. Crud.

12. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Regular L&O is moving to Fridays at 8PM followed by Southland at 9PM

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Leverage comes on again a couple of hours later, usually. :)

L&O on Fridays? Aw man... that's gonna suck for my mother cause Medium is moved to CBS Fridays at 8 I think.. :lol:

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Medium is Friday at 9 I believe... Ghost Whisperer is at 8.

I'm lucky. The only show I really care about watching is Criminal Minds. Yay for one track minds! *laughs*

I'm not really surprised about the Reid spoiler. It was really the only way to solve the problem of how to deal with that injury. MGG said that today was supposed to be his last surgery on the knee, though... which sounds like Reid shouldn't be out of the picture for too long. Depending on how long it takes to shoot, they should only be on about episode 3 or 4, right?

I told my mom about the family structure on CM, and when my parents and I were watching House on Fire tonight she asked if Hotch was Dad. I told her that Hotch was Mom. She kind of nodded, and at the end of the episode when Hotch was walking away from Garcia she said, "Thanks Mom!" with a smirk on her face. I told her that I always had a little problem figuring Garcia out. She said that Garcia was the friend with practically no family that always hangs out at the house and is therefore like family. :lol:

I don't know why I noticed this (I watch too much CM, maybe?) but Prentiss always wears her watch backwards. The face of the watch is on the palm-side of the wrist. I wonder why that is?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  15. electra

electra Pathologist

^ I love your banner,Alex.

Criminal Minds is one of the few shows that I watch live so I have no problem with the changes.Funny that I only started watching becouse It was before CSI NY and now it's one of my favorites and I don't care much about NY.

The Reid spoiler is not that bad.At least he would be able ot use that big brain.

Garcia is hard to figure out.She is part of the family but at the same time has independence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.