William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

and hope that he is the same back to you, cos he isn't always.

's all I'm saying ;)

2. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

We'll not be acting like crazed psychotic fans if he's in front of us. Any squealing, screeching, fainting and hand wafting of faces will be done away from him!

Too right gameface. And if he's miserable git with us, he'll get it both barrels!

3. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

he wouldn't know what's hit him, you and Britters, double whammy :lol:

Narrr, I am fully confident that when he's approached by multiple people, he's totally fine! He wouldn't be anything but with witnesses!

But I do think that maybe the longer the play runs, the less patience he has.

4. poppylvsgriss

poppylvsgriss Police Officer

It horrendous that matey. Honestly. I might even scutch him round the earole anyway just for somtimes being a *bleep* when individuals approach him. :shifty:

Me & Britters always say, if he didn't want people approaching him, etc, then he shouldn't have been the star in the most watched show in the world!! And that if he thinks he can go back to how it was before, then he's being extremely naive. :rolleyes:

Still a god though! lol!!

5. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I guess it's a double edged sword really. Cos when I read accounts of people approaching him when he's with friends (or even when he was in a bar with friends I read once to my amazement!), then I wouldn't blame him if he told people to get lost. Yet, he doesn't, to his credit. But you also get the impression that he hates the fandom, but puts up with it with reasonable grace (mostly!).

I'm not sure what Victory Gardens is like in terms of access, cos it looks like a classic theatre, so I'd guess it'd have a stage door, unlike Steppenwolf which is a newer building and with multiple ways to get in and out. So it'll be fun to see what he does and how much he'll put up with :hugegrin:

The play is really intense and heavy as well isn't it, he's gonna be in a hellish mood for the whole run :lol:

6. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I think he is entitled to be in a bad mood, or upset or sad and I can understand that this mood affects his behaviour with people, like for everybody else. Because it can happen to everybody, no ? It happens to me, so I can relate. I wouldn't attach too much importance to this kind of incident, although I understand how disappointing it can be. The main thing when you are not very kind is to regret it, he certainly did.;)

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  7. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

bad mood - absolutely no problem
    lack of courtesy - no excuse

that simple really, for anyone, regardless of fame!

8. alienor

alienor Police Officer

Ok Gameface ;)

From time to time, I can be a "victim" of lack of courtesy, of course I am upset at the moment, it does not last too long, but generally, in life I tend to be a forgiving person (it depends of circumstances of course).

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  9. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I'm sure you are not discouteous to someone who was courteous to you though!

If someone is rude to you then fine, give 'em it with both barrels :cool:

End of the day, people in the public eye have a certain responsibility to fans whether they like it or not. But of course it doen't mean they have to act on that responsibility should they not want to, even if it makes them look like a schmuck. And they certainly don't have to act on it if they are being bugged by people - the responsibilty goes both ways. 'S all I'm saying ;) Just readdressing the balance!

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's another two comments from the new magazine from yet two more CSI stars who've worked with Billy on CSI:pOnce again he's so loved and admired he's a "class act" that's a given[​IMG]

The first one is from Jessica Collins aka Natalie who played the Minature killer with such precision and was so creepy, and so crazed, yet beliveable. Last night they re-ran "Woulda Coulda Shoulda" with Grissom visiting her in the medical facility~so riveting, geez I miss his stellar acting!

In part the interview about her and Billy she says~

Surely William Petersen's presence had her feeling a little nervy, especially in their one-to-one scenes? Yes those scenes were very intense, but Billy is such a fantastic actor. He's just so smart, and funny, and the crew loves him. I think he's one of the reasons the show is adored, because he truly works hard to produce an amazing product. So it's no surprise when Collins tells us her favorite scene was where Grissom confronts Natalie to find out where she's hidden Sara "In a way Natalie is Grissom's equal in genius". It's almost as if they function on different ends of the spectrum. They're very well matched and it's interesting to play those opposites. That scene was fun, because I got to sort of listen and be affected by what he had to say. Bill did most of the work. I did the slicing of his throat and the creepy singing, but he really did the bulk of the acting in that scene"~

John Wellner.. On working with Laurence Fisburne vs Billy. I've worked with him twice so far and he's cool and it's amazing to go from Billy Petersen, who I IDOLIZE, to LF He's really easy to talk to, you look at him and it's like "You're Morpheus"! or you the mailman form 'Pee-Wee's PLayhouse' He just stepped right into the show, so it's been an honor to shoot with him~

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  11. chipper

chipper Hit and Run

Hoohoo! Then it's a good thing he'll never know that he (as Gil Grissom) and Nick Stokes together, doing hot, slashy acts, are the objects of my fantasies!

12. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

Thanks for giving us more tidbits Des. I just miss Grissom so much. After you posted the pics from WAW and WOAT, I had to re-watch it again. Then I started watching season 5, which makes me impatient for Billy to show up and do his guest spot in season 10. I can't wait!!!

OMG yes!!! If Billy had any idea who we pair Grissom with in fanfic, I'm sure he'd be bemused and amazed....;) (I'm one of those people who will read Gil paired with ANYONE...lol)

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Just a friendly reminder in case some have missed it...originally posted by Destiny here.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. ;)

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Hey Smokey thank's for the heads up..again... isnt this fun? and your welcome gilsgal glad your enjoying these tid-bits about our wonderful man.. he's so popular, and not conceited about it..just confident:)I hope those links helped you all, so you can order this great new issue~ and some more about the guy we all love to hate Icky Ecklie aka Marc Vann on Billy/Grissom:klingon:. Hope you all enjoyed this long Memorial Day weekend:thumbsup:

In part~
    Q The tension between Grissom and Ecklie was tangible since day one. What were your first impressions of Ecklie and his work ethics?
    A Marc Vann:well, just from the name Conrad Ecklie, I knew this prickly character and was probably going to be the nasty thorn in the rosebush. His work ethics were more by the book, hard-nosed, and at odds with Grissom's warm paternalistic approach. Plus, there seemed to be professional jealously and a competitive history present from the get go. There was lots of sports talk about "your team, my team" Another thing that helped add to the immediate tension between the characters was the fact that Petersen and I had done a play together in Chicago called "FLYOVERS" in the late 90's playing characters with and had antagonistic relationship. It was set during a 25th high school reunion. Back in high school, his character was a trouble maker who used to bully and beat up my character, the straight A's, slightly obnoxious, know-it-all nerd. Twenty-five years later, the bully is an unemployed factory worker, and the nerd is a successful movie critic. The tensions we were able to tap into and develop in that play certainly helped to define the Grissom/Ecklie relationship~

Q You've known Billy Petersen since you're theater days-how was it reuniting with him?
    A Fantastic. Billy is a great guy and an amazing actor, both on screen and off, and I've personally learned so much about camera acting watching his work on CSI. He also embodies the ensemble work ethic, so characteristic of the Chicago theater. I believe that is the one reason why 'The Team" feels so authentically cohesive on the show. As I mentioned, we did a play together in the late 90's, but we really didn't know each other. He had seen me in a production of "The Cryptogram at the Steppenwolf Theather. we met one night after the show and sometime later, he was looking for someone to play the character n "FLYOVERS". Apparently, I was on his short list, but fortunately for me, it worked out. It was a very memorable theater experience to be onstage with him~

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  15. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^I love whenever someone acknowledges how hard Billy works. It's good to know that people can see and appreciate that and give credit where credit is due. I think other actors/actresses so take a lesson from him and be as passionate about their work as Billy is his.;)

Thanks for posting, DW.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.