CSI:NY - Danvale #2... Continuing the bloodlines

I don't think it's his fault at all (except for the making a promise he wasn't 100% sure he could keep part). Donna was sneaky and headstrong/determined. I hope Don and Jess will not blame him for too long. Right now they're grieving and it's normal to lash out.

^^thanks^^:cool:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Don called Las vegas crime lab, he was transfered to Catherine's office.

"Willows."

"Yes, good eveing Catherine. This is Detective Don Flack from New York. Calling in regards to my daughter, who was killed tonight."

"Of course. My condolences for your loss. But how can I help you? It was an open and shut case."

"I believe something happened tonight in that cab. I would like my daughters body examined from top to bottom. I need to know why she jumped out of that cab, and into oncoming traffic."

"Um... we spoke with someone named Jason. He informed us that Donna was hospitalized for a drug overdose earlier. But she ran away from him. According to him, she was depressed from the loss of her husband."

"If you're trying to say my daughter commited suicide, you are wrong. Now you are wasting time. I want an autopsy performed. I'm on my way down to your city tonight, and I'd like some answers. Please... as common courtesy, we will return the favor when you need us."

"Okay. I'll have a talk with Dave. Then I'll have Nick and Greg bring the cab driver in for questioning."

"Thank you, I'll be on the next flight."

Hanging up the phone, Don found Jess and Donald dressed and ready to go.

"Let's go guys. I have to catch a flight to Las Vegas."

"You're not going alone, are you?"

Caressing his wife's tear stained face, he said... "No Jess. I'm going to take Danny with me."

Softly kissing her, he took them by the hand and walked them to the car.

Back in Vegas...

"Nicky... Greg, my office now."

"Damn Greg, what did you do this time?"

"Me? I didn't do nothing Nicky. You must have.

Walking into Catherine's office they sat down.

"What is it Cath?"

"I want you two to head over to the Lucky cab company. Bring the driver who picked up Donna Taylor in for questioning."

"What? What for Cath. I thought we closed that case?"

"We did. Till I recieved a call from Det.Don Flack. He seems to think someone forced his daughter out of the cab, or something freaked her enough to run. While you two do that. I'm going to see David. Hopefully we can find something on Donna Flack Taylor."

Getting up, Nicky and Greg left to pick up the taxi driver. While Catherine headed downstairs.

"Hey David? did you get anything from the body?"

"Yeah... something really interesting Catherine. Some kind of scented oil on her thigh. It left a beautiful print which I have here for you. I also found the same substance on her clothes which I also sent to trace. Oh... one more thing. She had skin between her fingernails."

"Hm... looks like the victims father could be right. Thanks David."

"You're welcome. Hey Catherine... any idea when the father is arriving. I'd like to get her fixed up a bit."

"David... not to mean. But no amount of finxing. Is going to make it any easier on her father. She's too damaged. Just keep her covered, that's all we can do."

Walking upstairs, Catherine headed over to see if Hodges found anything on the skin and print.

When Don and Jess arrived at the Taylor's, Danny was already there.

"Hey guys, come on in. you ready to go Don? Our flight is in an hour."

"Yeah Danny. Sweetheart, I'll see you later. Kids... come say by to grandpa."

Don watched as they walked towards him, with tears in their eyes. Breaking his already broken heart, even more.

"I love you guys. Try and be strong, okay?"

"We will papa. We love you."

"I love you too, all of you."

Giving them one last kiss, they left for the airport.

"Grandma... why would someone hurt mom?"

"I don't know sweetheart. Sometimes people just do things, that we never come to understand."

Jessie and Gary Jr, walked over and sat on their papa's knee. Snuggling under his neck. He held them as they continued to cry.

"Come on Jess, you can help me make coffee."

Walking into the kitchen, Jess whispered...

"The kids have really gotten close to you and Mac. I can see how much they love you both. Makes me kind of sad telling Donna we wouldn't look after them. I know Don didn't mean it. Sometimes he just says things without thinking, first."

"You know, Jess. You and Don are welcome to take them for visits at anytime. They are your grandchildren too, you know."

"I know that Stella. At least they are well loved by us. I'm sure it won't take us long to heal their pain. They'll soon forget the sad memories, and remember only the good. I have faith that we are strong enough to get them all through it."

Wrapping Jess in her arms. Stella whispered... "I know Jess. We will."

Las Vegas Police Department... Interrogation Rm #1

Brass and Nick were interrogating Dominico French.

"Come on Dominic. You have to better story then that. No one runs out into oncoming traffic. Something spooked Donna Taylor. Now we want to know what you did."

"Listen man. I didn't do noth'n to that lady. She was crazy man. She freaked out, and ran from my cab. I did noth'n man. Now I want a lawyer."

"Listen smart guy. There is a lawyer on the way. Until the, maybe you'd like to tell us, how your thumb print got on our victims thigh. Or how the oil we found on her skin and clothes, matches the same oil freshener in your cab?"

"You a country boy, ain't ya, man. Well listen carefully you stupid hick. I didn noth'n to that lady."

Nick was getting pissed, when Don and Danny walked in.

"Are you my lawyer? Bout bloody time man. You better be good."

Running up to the guy, Don pulled him from the chair, and slammed him into the wall.

"Now you listen to me. I want the truth on what you did to my daughter. Tell me, you son of bitch."

Danny and Nick pulled Don, off of Dominic.

"You see that man. That's police brutality right there. I want to press chrages on him."

"If you're smart. You'll shut your mouth, sit down and tell the truth. Now where did you get those scratches on your face? and before you lie. We have the report right here, that the skin found in Donna Taylor's fingernails, matches your DNA. So let's start at the begining. This time the truth." said Brass.

"Okay, okay. Before she got into my cab, I asked her if she had enough money to pay. She showed me, so I drove her. When we got to the highway, she read the meter and seen she had no more to pay. So I reach over, and touch her leg, you know? She freaks. She kicks over my air freshener, then she scratches my face. I didn't tell her to get out into oncoming traffic. No way can I be blamed for that. Yes... I tried to get services from her. But I didn't know she was going to freak out like that."

"Why didn't you admit this at the scene?"

"Are you crazy man? I'm not stupid. I say truth, you twist around and try to blame me for this. I know how you work. so I didn't tell the truth. I'm sorry she got killed, but I didn't do it. She freaked. The lady was nuts man."

That did it. Busting out of Danny's arms, Don attacked him again by the throat. Squeezing his larnyx he hissed...

"She wasn't crazy. You harrassed her, you aggravated her with your sexual advances. You endangered her life causing her death by your sexual needs. You killed her. You left her no choice but to escape your preverted ways. You made her run from your cab into that oncoming traffic. You son of bitch."

Squeezing tighter, it took three officers, Nick, and Danny to get Don to finally release. Falling to the ground, the perp tried to catch his breath.

"You... seen... that... You all... seen that...right...?" he choked out.

"We seen nothing. you attacked him, he had no choice but to defend himself. Take him, get him out of my sight." said Brass.

Once they had Dominic booked for harassment, aggravated sexual assault, endangering the victims life causing death. They took him to holding.

"May I see my daughter now please?"

"Of course. Nicky, take them down please."

Walking them down to David. Nick waved him from the room.

"Let's give them a few minutes, Dave."

As Don went to lift the sheet, he couldn't do it. His hands were shaking, his tears were blinding him.

"You don't have to this Donnie. You can remember her the way she was. Let's just take her home."

Don shook his head no. Then pulling back the sheet, he released a cry.

Covering her back up he collapsed to the floor. Getting down beside him.

Danny just held him for a while. While Nick and David looked on.

"Nicky... Greg, my office now."

"Damn Greg, what did you do this time?"

"Me? I didn't do nothing Nicky. You must have.

:guffaw:Hehe, I love those boys.

--

Loved Brass, Nicky and Danny standing up for Don against the cab driver.

I am so glad that Donnie took Danny with him to Vegas. He needed his best friend there. :)

Heading back upstairs after signing the release papers. Don made sure Donna was taken right to plane cargo's space. Then turning around with tears, he seen Catherine and Nick standing there with Brass.

"I just would like to thank you again for all your help. Especially you Jim. Catherine, please don't forget if you ever need us, call. We now owe you, all the favour twice over, for covering up my behaviour."

"Anytime. We understand what you're going through. Just take care of your family now. Get them back to living life again. Especially your grandchildren."

"I will. Again thanks for everything."

Wrapping Catherine in his arms, followed by a slap on the back to Nick, and a handshake to Brass, Don boarded the plane with Danny.

"Think we'll see them again, Catherine?"

"I do Jim. Afterall, Las Vegas has enough criminals who would flea to New York if given the chance."

As they laughed, they got a call out.

"See... what did I tell you. Dead body on the Las Vegas strip. Let's go guys."

Heading out, they watch the plane take flight.
Back in New york

Claire was getting the kids ready for school, while Tony dressed Graham. They had all sat down and discussed the safety in numbers issue. As much as Claire wanted her parents in on this. She knew Tony was right, they had enough problems with helping Jessie, Gary and Bryan heal from their loss.

Hearing the knock, she opened the door to her uncle.

"Hey uncle Danno. When did you and uncle Donnie get back?"

"About an hour ago, kiddo. I got the ample amount of messages, that you wanted to see me."

"Yeah... it seems we have a small problem that has surfaced."

"Oh yeah? What kind?"

"It seems Tony has a brother. He's just been released from prison. Now he's here looking to make amends. But Tony seems to think, he has other ideas in mind."

"What was he in for?"

Tony walked in the conversation...

"Theft and brutal assault on a security guard in Las Vegas. He was put away for fifteen years. As kids... my sister and I were told not to talk of him. That we were to disown him. I'm thinking he got wind of my parents and sisters death. Now he seems to think we have money from my parents. But I don't. Our parents left everything to charity. They believed we should have to earn our way, just like they had too. He's also the black sheep. My parents seemed to know, he was trouble from birth."

"Hm... is he dangerous? Do you think he'd hurt the family?"

"I don't about hurt. But he's a real charmer. Looks like me, but more well built. Stronger features and deeper blue eyes."

Danny was shocked. Tony had to be at least 6ft2. So just what did that make his brother?

"I know what you're thinking. He's actually shorter then me. He stands about 6ft even."

"Okay, let me get back to the station. I'll start a search. Then I'll call Jim Brass in Vegas, see what he knows about him."

"Thanks uncle Danno. How's uncle Donnie doing?"

"Not good kiddo. I'll see you. Stay safe."

"You too, uncle. Bye."

"Mommy... do we hafta go to school?"

"Of course you do. Why? I thought you loved school, Julia."

"I do mommy. But what if my brothers forget to come get me? What if they run late? Who will be there for me?"

Poor Julia. She had such endless worries. Claire really hated the stress she had to add onto her children daily lives. But what could they do. Until they knew more about Dominic's intentions. They had to take precautions.

"I promise you love. Your brothers would never forget you. Would you boys?"

"Of course not. Don't worry Julia. We will be with you all the time, except when you are in class, okay?"

Taking her by the hand, they headed off to school.

When Don came in the door at Mac's. He noticed the grandchildren asleep on the floor.

"Don... you're home. Did you bring Donna back with you?"

"I did, Stella. She's at the Mortuary. They'll call us when we can pick up the ashes. Then we'll have a small gathering with the kids, before we lay her to rest with Gary."

Sitting down, Mac looked at Don and knew right away that Donna was to badly damaged, for an open casket before cremation. Knowing no amount of words would help, and with Jess being out on a call. Mac got up, walked over and took Don into his arms.

"Let it go, Don. Just let yourself go."

Let go he did, for a second time that day. Gripping onto him, as he soaked tears down Mac's shirt. All the hurt, anger, pain, pouring from his heart like it did for Mac when Gary died.

Later that afternoon, Jessie woke first. Sitting up, she seen her papa sleeping on the couch. Getting up, she walked over, lifted her papa's arm and climbed in beside him. He didn't even wake, when she wiped away his remaining tears that were on his lids.

Laying her head on his arm, she watched him sleep, as she said in the barest of whispers...

"I love you, papa. So much."

Squeezing her tighter, to let her know he heard her words. A lone tear slid down his cheek.

Full chapter up at ff.net.:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Jess came back to the Taylor's, she found her husband wrapped up with his granddaughter. Not wanting to disturb them, she walked into the spare room, dropped her clothes and climbed into the bed.

Looking at the clock, she seen it was 11am. It had been a long difficult night between the crime scenes, and trying to keep herself together. Closing her eyes, she quietly cried for the loss of their daughter. Something she had been waiting to do all night.

Hearing her cries, Don carefully lifted his granddaughter onto the couch, without waking her. Then walking into the room he climbed in beside her, taking her into his arms. Turning herself to face him, she cried onto his neck, while his teardrops fell onto her hair.

Both knew no amount of words would help the other from the pain they were feeling. Carefully turning Jess, he rolled on her, bracing his arms at her sides. Neither could see the other between their tears. Both were blind as Don lowered his head and kissed her salty tears.

Nearing her lips, he tenderly kissed her. Tracing their tongues before plunging deeper into the kiss. This was what they both needed. To love, to touch, caress and feel each others pain. Turning it into their undying love, even if only for a while.

Breaking the kiss, Don traced his tongue along her neck, her ear, whispering seductive words of love, into her soul. Kissing a path across her shoulders, Jess gripped his head and held him there, asking him without words not to stop.

This was how he needed her right now. Lost, quivering on the edge of his next caress, stroke, nip. Writhering, gripping, crying onto the sheets. Hearing her softly whisper his name, he kissed her lips. Then when he was just a whisper away, he tenderly said...

"Let me protect you from our loss, Jess. Let me be your knight that fights and battles your pain."

Feeling him touch her heart, lead her away. Away from the loss, the ache, the event of their daughters burial yet to come. Leaving nothing, but their love floating within their souls.

No longer could they resist the aura's filling his own soul. Body, soul and mind, locked together in their web of endless pain, that would once again haunt them. When their passionate storm disappeared.

Laying quietly, wrapped in each others arms, he heard Jess whisper...

"I don't think I can say goodbye."

"Sh... just rest, baby. I promise when the time comes, we will say goodbye together. Just trust in that Jess, I love you."

"I love you too, Donnie."

Turning her onto her side, he neslted her right into him. Stroking and whispering , until her cries became silent. Letting him know, she was finally asleep.

Meanwhile at school, Dominic had landed a job as a janitor. Walking the halls, he searched each floor till he found the classroom that belonged to Julia. Walking inside, making like he was cleaning the bin, he found her desk.

Looking inside, he seen a picture she had made. A picture that looked like her family. Folding it up, he placed it in his pocket. Then walking back out, he headed to the next class. Once he was done, the bell rang.

Watching in the hall as the kids piled in, he seen Julia in between her brothers. God how pretty she was, as he watched her happily bounce while she walked. So much like her mother, who he had met last night. Smiling at her as she walked by, she wrapped herself closer to her brother.

"What's the matter, Julia?"

Whipsering to Jimmy, she said...

"I no like that guy. He's scary. I don't like how he looks at me."

Turning around, Jimmy couldn't seen anyone.

"What guy Julia?"

"I don't know. He had on a blue outfit and a cleaning thing."

"You mean a janitor? The ones that clean the school?"

"Yeah. I don't like him."

"I want you to listen to me Julia, okay? the janitors here won't hurt you. He was just smiling, everyone smiles Julia."

"I don't care. I don't like that one."

"Okay, when the bell rings. You stay here till James or I, comes to get you, okay?"

Nodding her head, Julia walked into her class. Sitting down at her desk, she looked for her picture. Not being able to find it, she raised her hand.

"Yes, Julia?"

"I've lost my picture I made yesterday. It was in my desk, but now it's gone."

"Did you take it home?"

"No Miss. Patters, I know it was in my desk."

"Hmm. Just grab another paper Julia and make a new one, okay?"

Picking up a piece of paper. Julia started a new picture on her family.

Downstairs in the janitorial room, Dominic changed into his street clothes and headed out for lunch. First thing on his agenda? Find a picture frame for his family picture. This way he could hang it in their soon to be home. He knew it was only a matter of time before he had them all with him. Caring for them, comfoting them through their pain, once Tony was dead and buried.

Stopping at the little Cafe, he seen Claire having coffee. Walking in, he ordered a black with two sugars and sat down beside her.

"Hello, Claire. It's nice to see you again."

Looking up into his deep blue eyes, she panicked. Was he following her, was he going to try and attack her, or take her away. Getting up she said...

"I'm sorry, I have to go."

Rushing out onto the street, she got into her car and headed home.

Last edited:
Back