George/Nick:Texan Charm #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
If George does opt for surgery, any ideas on how long his recovery process would take? Like if he did it on the hiatus, would he be ready for the new season?

My husband had his surgery October 29th and was back to work with no restrictions on January 19th, so it was about 12 weeks. That is the normal recovery period and my husband is a truck driver--climbing in and out of a truck all day. I would think that George could be back at work before that--just have easy scenes to tape nothing too wild or crazy.

Billy Petersen worked with a few health problems while he was on CSI, and he managed. Most of his scenes were done in the office.

I would gather they are now working on the last few episodes of the season, so if George has surgery after the last episode is shot, he could be back on 'light' duty for the premiere.

Last edited:
Thanks stimpy and myfuturecsi.

Also knowing George's work ethic he'd probably be back before the doctors would think

Well for crying out loud! That's the second perfectly innocent (really!) smiley that Photobucket has removed. :wtf:

Well for crying out loud! That's the second perfectly innocent (really!) smiley that Photobucket has removed. :wtf:

I had a slow dance one saved on my photobucket and they removed it too. :( Yeesh! I mean, honestly, what's wrong with it? I uploaded it to imageshack to see if I had the same problem there. So far, it hasn't been removed from there.

ETA: Finally found the link to ask them. :)

Anyway, on topic: I love how Nick tried to warn Superdave about the goop just before it fell on him. :)

Last edited:
Billy Petersen worked with a few health problems while he was on CSI, and he managed. Most of his scenes were done in the office.

I would gather they are now working on the last few episodes of the season, so if George has surgery after the last episode is shot, he could be back on 'light' duty for the premiere.

Maybe they will work it into the script somehow so we aren't like,"Why isn't he running after the bad guy today?" He doesn't have to be dying or anything,but a bullet that needs to be removed or an accident on a crime scene,let him get into a bed and rest,will ya writers. But he needs cardiac leads some bare chest maybe (just a little)

I had a slow dance one saved on my photobucket and they removed it too. :( Yeesh! I'd like to ask them why it was removed, but I can't find the link to do so. I can't find the link to photobucket's forums either. :( I'd be nice if they could send a message telling WHY they deleted something. Grrr! I mean, honestly, what's wrong with this:
thslowdance.gif
<~~~ I uploaded it to imageshack to see if I had the same problem there.

Yeah, they removed one of mine too, so I renamed it, uploaded it again, and sure enough it's gone again. :wtf: I mean it was just a devil raising his eyebrows. Seriously, what is wrong with them.

They remove one of my George pics and we will have serious problems! :scream:

If surgery is going to help, I think George should consider it. Why suffer in pain if you don't have to. However, I understand the reluctance too.

Usually, there break is 2 months long, so he be pretty close to healed when they started filming again. Though SAG keeps rejecting the AMPTP's offers, so the actors could be on strike anyways :rolleyes:, and George will have plenty of time to heal!

Well whatever George decides, I'm sure he'll sit down with his doctors and work out what's best for him. If he decides to have surgery and his recovery needs to be worked into the show I certainly hope tptb don't decide to have him shot in the line of duty. There are enough fan fictions out there that are constantly hurting, shooting or nearly killing Nick. Nick has suffered enough in the show already. Let's just have him simply getting caught up on some paper work for some shows or even being 'out' of the office for a week to go on a training course. I think whatever George decides to do he'll have the support of tptb and they'll work out something for Nick.

Well whatever George decides, I'm sure he'll sit down with his doctors and work out what's best for him. If he decides to have surgery and his recovery needs to be worked into the show I certainly hope tptb don't decide to have him shot in the line of duty. There are enough fan fictions out there that are constantly hurting, shooting or nearly killing Nick. Nick has suffered enough in the show already. Let's just have him simply getting caught up on some paper work for some shows or even being 'out' of the office for a week to go on a training course. I think whatever George decides to do he'll have the support of tptb and they'll work out something for Nick.

I guess I like the other way better but I just want him to feel better,bottom line. However it works out.whatever he decides, I hope he knows his fans will support him,and I will pray for a speedy recovery!

I saw the casting call for (I believe it was) episode 21 early last week. So I would guess they're filming around episode 19 or 20 right now. However that's just a guess because I don't really know how early a casting call goes out. :lol: The condition you're in to start with usually has something to do with how long recovery takes. And we all know the condition George is in! :drool:

Instead of getting him hurt I would prefer they use the old excuse of maxed out on overtime (like Sara usually was in the early seasons. :lol:). That way he could be at his desk or do light, easy things around the lab.

Trying to type and not get your brownie everywhere is not easy! :alienblush:

Susan

I saw the casting call for (I believe it was) episode 21 early last week. So I would guess they're filming around episode 19 or 20 right now. However that's just a guess because I don't really know how early a casting call goes out. :lol: The condition you're in to start with usually has something to do with how long recovery takes. And we all know the condition George is in! :drool:

Instead of getting him hurt I would prefer they use the old excuse of maxed out on overtime (like Sara usually was in the early seasons. :lol:). That way he could be at his desk or do light, easy things around the lab.

Trying to type and not get your brownie everywhere is not easy! :alienblush:

Susan

Maybe he can just do all the crime scenes with his apple box.:lol:

And I can write a fan fic called Nick And His Apple Box

Or if he does it before the season ends they could have him called back home for some reason...maybe an illness or something in the family that requires him to stay for a period of time

Or have him sitting down a lot delegating to his lower level peeps what to do

Ooops... :lol: Princess beat me to it. That's basically what I was going to say (about him going back to Texas for a visit). :lol:

Ooops... :lol: Princess beat me to it. That's basically what I was going to say (about him going back to Texas for a visit). :lol:

Noooooooo....we want him in the show. Sitting at the desk (or on the apple box :lol: ) or whatever. As long as it's not overdoing it for him. I'd at least like a glimpse of him instead of being totally absent. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back