Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Marg's got a new project. :)

In a new animated film, Wonder Woman, which is scheduled to be released on March 3, 2009, Marg does voice-over for Hera, the Queen of the Gods heh! David McCallum (Ducky from NCIS) plays Zeus. You can read a Q&A with the two of them over here. It's quite interesting. :)

Hmmmm a Goddess' Goddess. Suits her well, doesn't it?

2. Me_n_Marg

Me_n_Marg Hit and Run

Erica

I could not agree more.

Where did you dig this interview out of?

You must have some awesome sources.

Marg the Goddess. On Earth and now as in Heaven...lol

Wonderful

MnM

3. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

lol. I don't have any special sources. I just take my time and search for anything that's related to her. You kind of need that to run a fan site, I guess.

Hehe I love how you said on Earth and in Heaven. So true. :D

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Google alerts, my friend. Fantastic for Marg fans :D

I hope Marg also does something in FRONT of the camera soon. I love hearing her voice, don't get me wrong, but I also love seeing her in the movies - like IGC. Man, I love that movie. She and Dennis are adorable.

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

Marg is the queen of everything :D And we so know that!

Okay I can't resist saying this out loudly... Like anybody cares about it. But it IS related to Marg, so don't worry :D
    No I don't want to turn the conversation back to the bad news again, but I'm like the most unlucky person on Earth. BOTH of my favourite actresses have the same real-life problems and I just can't overcome that. My other favourite celebrity is actually divorcing. :( This is quite funny cuz I may be the only person on this planet who loves both women so madly! Well, new year, new resolutions, we will see :D

6. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I have an interesting thing for you to discuss, as fans of Catherine (and Marg). In CSI Files News review on 19 Down there was, what I thought, a rather savage attack on Catherine being chosen as the new supervisor. It's the second to last post here:
    http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=57678

So, what do we think? Do we agree with these statements, or do we have a different view?

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

That's not a surprise to me, Anne. That person was also writing those same scathing remarks about Catherine on the original episode thread as well, along with all of the reasons why GSR is the best thing since sliced bread. So we know where that's coming from.

As for Cath being promoted to supervisor, that's a total no-brainer. She already WAS a supervisor for swingshift and none of the others are anywhere near ready for the job. Plus, how often are you going to find anyone else around the country with experience enough to come right in and take over the supervisor position? Remember at the beginning, Grissom had no experience as supervisor either, but when Brass got moved, he took over - and if you'll notice over the past 8+ years Catherine was right there helping him with the duties. Here at least Catherine has the experience and is comfortable with the rest of the people in the lab, not like a new supervisor coming who doesn't know anyone.

8. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

Oh geez, the delusions of GSR-land. Nothing in that post was surprising. I've seen it all before, usually from the same group of users. What a coincidence.

I think Catherine has always been more qualified, even from the beginning. She kept Grissom afloat many times because he wouldn't do simple paperwork or other things necessary for leadership. She deserves the supervisor position; it's been a long time coming. She's made some hard choices, in the interest of justice. Nothing to bitch about. At the end of the day, if the bad guy pays, I respect those who went to extreme measures to ensure it. It's better than those in law enforcement who just don't give a damn.

9. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I totally agree. I am so tired of seeing people bashing Cath. Maybe I'm biased, or misinterpreting this, but it really feels like a lot of the criticism of Cath is rooted in people's reactions to a strong female character. If Cath was a man, I doubt people would react so strongly and negatively to her, through such posts. Hopefully, people will eventually get used to strong female characters (and real people). Sorry if I'm going OC on the feminist rhetoric. I'm never quite sure what level of 'opinionated' talk is allowed here. I feel like she's the kind of character that people react to negatively when they see her from more of a third-person perspective, but that would be really fun to talk to in person.

I think Cath will do a GREAT job as supervisor. She'll do a helluva lot better job with the politicking and personal stuff than Grissom ever did. Ultimately, every supervisor, or leader for that matter, brings something different to the table. Her style is, no doubt, going to be drastically different than Grissom's. I guess people will just have a hard time dealing with that change.

I'm not sure this has been discussed on here before (I'm new to this specific thread), but how do you guys think she'll do in interacting with the new guys. I can definitely predict some very amusing banter between her and Langston. One thing I really like about Cath is that it seems like she's never the type to treat people differently based on their rank. She's just as willing to express doubt in Grissom or Brass as in Greg or another lab tech. Even Grissom didn't do that quite as well - he certainly didn't seem very nice, or at least as respectful, to the lab techs over the course of the series. As a result, I think it'll be especially interesting to watch her interactions with Langston. And I can definitely see some major sparring between her and Riley. What do you guys think?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I can see Catherine getting on well with Langston. He seemed abrupt with Brass & Grissom because they had lied to him and basically used him and his video conference with the serial killer under false pretenses.

Throughout the years, we've seen Catherine be warm & welcoming to new or other people - like Keppler and Riley. Even look at how she was fairly cordial and kind to Ecklie (even in his early appearances when he was on Day shift). She gets along with all of the lab rats very well - remember a few of her scenes with Henry? He's always really nervous around her. As she was leaving his lab, she whispered to him "you can relax now". And she was good at pretending to be nice to the Sheriff & Undersheriff.

As for sparring with Riley - I really don't want to see that. They did way too much of that with Cath/Sara, and I don't want a repeat of that with Riley. I did like their little interaction when Cath found Lindsey at the club. Riley asked Cath if she was moonlighting as a bouncer now, Cath replied that they could have that conversation when Riley became a mother. Riley responded with a comment that they won't be talking soon then. That was actually a cute scene. It reminded me of Cath/Sara, but the tone was a bit softer. I'd like to see more of that type of banter, rather than the two really butting heads.

11. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I was taking a break from work and went to the review thread. I read parts of that post that were quoted by kaylyne (I didn't get to read the original because of obvious reason lol) and then I read you guys' replies. Let me just say that I'm really really happy that there are people like you on this board and that we share the same fandom. I believe that most people in a fandom are friendly and...shall I say sane? But I guess it's this kind of people that make ceratin fandoms look rather immature and offensive. We all know that Catherine gets promoted not just because of her seniority. She's got the experience, she's got the attitude, she's got the social skill, and she's got one very important thing that others seem lack of...the flexibility. Some people like to compare her with Grissom and pick on her just because she doesn't have certain things Grissom has. On the other hand, though, isn't Grissom just the same? Personally, I think that's why they work so well together. Because they kind of complement each other. And honestly, I think the only reason why Catherine didn't get bumped when Holly died in season one was Grissom's seniority.

Last but not least, I wouldn't be sad to see certain viewers gone. I actually think that would make everyone happy. :)

*steps off the soap box*

Btw, Anne, if you had seen how this particular poster had doomed Lady Heather, you'd feel happy for Catherine. :lol:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  12. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Glad to hear we're all of the same mind with regards to Catherine. She's human - and I think that's what makes her great at her job :D

And LOL, that sounds like poor Lady Heather got the worst of it! LOL

That being said - who else reckons Catherine and Heather would be awesome friends?

13. Me_n_Marg

Me_n_Marg Hit and Run

Kudos for Catherine

Of course she will do well in her new role. Afterall, she was the ONLY one who could speak to Gil as an equal and tell him he was screwing up with the supervisor stuff. Get the paperwork in on time so we can get our raises, finish the evaluations and think politic etc.

She has always been his deputy, so to speak, even without the title or the salary.

Yes Drumchik, I think Catherine and Lady Heather would be awesome friends and maybe more, the possibilities simply boggle my mind.:):devil:

And for those who bash our Cath, I understand how insanely jealous you must be of her.

She is smart, sexy, popular and gorgeous. You are not.

Happy Christmas everyone!

MnM

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

ME! I know Catherine and Lady Heather would be the best of friends. They already started a wonderful friendship back in Slaves of Las Vegas when both ladies connected over their daughters.

Catherine would be the perfect choice for the supervisor. We all know that. She said it herself she was Grissom's right hand... and his left. He recommended her for Day Supervisor. He has every faith in her that she will lead the team otherwise he wouldn't have chosen her.

Can't wait to see how the rest of the season goes with our lovely Catherine Willows as the Graveyard Supervisor.

15. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

It's such a shame that the show didn't have any development between Catherine and Heather. I also think they have the potiential to become close friends. They're both strong, smart, and they share the same view on a lot of things. If they became friends, there would be so many witty conversations and deep discussions. Too bad we didn't get to see that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.