Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

I've become accustomed to the show disappointing me. The writers have blown many opportunities for greatness and it's so sad. Marg is such an amazing actress and they give her nothing 9 times out of 10. They should be utilizing her talent. She could be up there for the awards every year with the great emotional actors if the writers would just give her something to work with. It's like they've forgotten she even exists.

2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Hopefully, as Catherine is going to be the new supervisor, they'll give Marg some good material for her performance. *crosses fingers* I can't wait to see Cath interact with Langston. I think it's going to be interesting. :)

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I can't wait to see Catherine as supervisor, stepping properly out of Grissom's shadow so to speak.

And I would have loved to have seen Cath and Heather get closer, as has been said, it would have made for some great, deep conversations... oh well...

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I can't wait to see Catherine as boss. I always love what Marg said in that interview when they were doing the swing shift, about thigh-high boots and a whip. RAWR!

5. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

^ Now that i would like to see :p.
    I think Catherine is the only person who can really take on the supervisor role. She has experience, loyalty and the trust of the rest of the team which is what you need to fulfill such a vital role.

I hope that with her change of role the writers give her great material as they did with William, so that she can not only show us her great acting ability but also to pleae her fans that have been deprived of her for so long.

Now a question, does anybody know where i can find csi clips?.

6. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ There are plenty on YouTube and the official CSI website, but I'm afraid that there probably isn't a website that focuses on offering clip downloads ever since Omaetoy was shut down.

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

There's an interesting interview with David Rambo in the CSI Files section. I loved this excerpt with David talking about Marg & Scott Wilson:
    -->"I love writing for Catherine and her parents, whether it was Sam or Lily. I hope we see more of Lily because they're marvelous together. It was hard when Sam died; that was hard. Marg was so good in that scene; we shot that at 2:30 in the morning. It was a hot night; the temperature went from 103 to 101! We loved Scott Wilson; just before we shot his final scene, he made a short speech and said, "I love this girl" and kissed Marg. I'll tell you if that didn't make his death scene moving, I don't know what would! I like writing for Catherine and her parents."<--

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I love watching Catherine and her parents. I hated that they killed Sam, but it was a great piece of acting by Marg, and I love the description of what happened on set :)

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I loved the relationship between Cath and Sam. Loved all of their scenes, good and bad, and how Cath was always caught between 2 minds about him.

I was sad they killed him off too, but Marg did great in the scene.

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

That's great. I loved Cath and her parents too.
    She was so torn between loving Sam as her father and hating Sam for what he did in his life.
    The same with Lilly. Cath loves Lilly because she's her mother but didnt' like the decisions Lilly made regarding Sam.

Yeah, its a fun dynamic. Gives Catherine's storyline some interesting twists.

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I wonder if also Catherine maybe was a little jealous of her mum? Perhaps because her mum was in a relationship with someone she has loved for a long time while Catherine finds herself unable to be with the man she's loved for a long time? *pause* That's purely as a GC shipper though.

12. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I was a little surprised when I was reading what David Rambo said about writing for Catherine and her parents because honestly, he rarely talks about characters other than Grissom and Sara (but then again, maybe he's rarely asked about characters other than those two). Come to think of it, though, most of the scenes Catherine has shared with Sam or Lily were really great. I especially loved her dynamic with Sam. Catherine suffering between her love for her dad and her hate for a murderer was always a nice thing to watch. The bit about Scott Wilson's last scene was really sweet, but then again, everyone loves Marg. She's that irrisistable. :D

Why oh why did they have to kill off Sam?

13. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

All I can think of is that they were setting up Marg's exit arc. There was noise some time ago about Catherine leaving CSI and taking over Sam's businesses. This would only work if Sam was gone.
    Like so much of what TPTB imply will happen, nothing yet. :shifty:
    LaSquisita

14. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

My understanding is that that move had a lot less to do with TPTB and more to do with Marg. I vaguely remember reading an interview where she said that she had, at one point before the writers' strike, been planning on leaving, but was reinvigorated after the writers' strike and inspired to stick it out for longer on the show. If/when she leaves, TPTB certainly may take advantage of that plotline again; it's just that they haven't needed to. They certainly wouldn't get rid of a character if they didn't need to, especially at this point in the series, having just lost three key characters.

15. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Yeah. That's what I was trying to say. Marg had been talking about leaving and this was the set-up for her exit. Sorry not to have been clear enough.
    LaSquisita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.