Marg/Catherine ~ Not JUST A Pretty Face #8

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by SunsetBoulevard, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

As a divorced mom of one, my heart goes out to Marg, but she comes across as a strong woman, so she'll get through this.

I just hope it's not an acrimonious split and they remain friends. Life's too short to have enemies.

2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I'm having serious Marg deprivation because CSI hasn't been on SPIKE for two entire days...I think I'm gonna die...I can't go that long without Marg or CSI ;p

I think that's all I have to say right now....sorry I'm so boring ;p

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

it is sad to hear the two of them weren't as happy as they appeared to be. i actually think it's a hard decision but a worth one to make. if you're not happy and your child is old enough to deal with a breakup, i say go for it.

on the other hand it's easy to say but if it was my parents, i'd do everything to prevent it. it's their private thing, though, so i just hope they'll make the best of the situation and find happiness wherever it might be.

4. Criminologist86

I was half hoping to re-direct the conversation away from the Marg/Alan split/seperation/time apart whatever it is...I mean, totally no offense to anyone who feels they need to talk about it...I'm surprisingly broken up about it and have needed to talk about it to people but I just hoped if I focused on other positive aspects of Marg and her characteristics that it would help me and others kinda cope with the whole thing.

But I agree, it's a private thing and it shouldn't be discussed more than it HAS to be, you know? Like, if I were in Marg's place I'd not want more discussion on this than the general fan coping...I don't know...I'll shut up now ;)

Happy Everyday is Marg Day!

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

I'm reading those lines and I'm literally speechless. Why why why. No, I don't want to know the reason, I'm only asking why things have to be like this.

They always looked so happy together... this hit me way below the belt. I hope things will turn for the better.

Marg and Alan, please make it through somehow. For yourselves and for everyone else who love you guys.

6. kc_from_kc

kc_from_kc Police Officer

You know it's funny, we all say we want them to get back together, and they were so happy together. But really what did we know about their happiness besides what we saw in pictures? We aren't flies on the wall, unfortunately.

I adore them both together and seperately. I want happiness for them both wether that's together or apart.

Anne's mom had a good point, which she posted on her LJ, which is that everyone kind of held Marg and Alan's marriage and relationship up on a pedastal, as some kind of amazing fairytale romance, and the truth is they are just like the rest of us.

The are human. They hurt. They heal. And as incredibly sad as the end of any relationship is, maybe this is as far as these two were meant to go, on a romantic level.

I certainly wish them all the best. If they work things out, fantastic. If not, they still have all my support.

Now that I've written out that novel....

Marg is hot. Yes?

7. misshelgenberger

misshelgenberger Rookie

I think it's because we all like to see this fairytale romance, we all like to think that its there even though we know that of course it isn't. Its fantasy v reality, it comes down to that old thing where we see two celebrities we love and admire looking happy and in love and we think, they will last forever, they're perfect for one another, when we dont know what they are really like or who they really are and what goes on in their lives, and it should stay that way, whatever has happened between them is there business and if they wish to speak about it they will.. in their own time.

And its true kc_from_kc they are human and they do have ups and downs in their lives, its an unfortunate thing that when your famous its for eveyone to see.

It's up to them to work things out, i wish them all the best and i support them, as im sure you do in whatever decision they make.

Now off that subject yes kc_from_kc Marg is indeed hot:lol:

8. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

As I told to a visitor on my website, if they think some time apart will help them calm down and figure things out, then that's not necessarily a bad thing. No matter what their final decision is (gee I don't even want to mention the D word), it's their lives, and we need to respect them. kc and I had a convo where she said we wouldn't like to see them fake a happy marriage while they're actually unhappy, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Marg is hot. Heck yes. :D

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I totally agree. I'm sure we'd much rather them be happy, than faking happy.

And Marg and hot? Should never be not in the same sentence :D

10. Criminologist86

Underthemistletoe: I totally agree. Where "Marg" is, so should there be "hot" AND "sexy" ;)

I'm still pretty broken up about Marg & Alan divorcing...I have seen divorce in my family and it's ugly, and the effects last for a really long time, and extend to everyone; not just the couple separating. Marg & Alan were such a sweet, beautiful, perfectly matched, gorgeous, photogenic couple and to see that end is really sad for me.

Marg, still love you, wish you all the best :) Alan too :)

Marg. Is. Hot. End. Of. Story. :)

11. LastToKnow710

LastToKnow710 Witness

They haven't filed for divorce yet; I haven't read anything about that. Just that they were taking some time apart.

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

HopeandDestiny made a good point about Marg and Alan. They live in Hollywood, the land of the 5 minute marriage. Most marriages last 1-3 years in Hollywood and look at Brittany Spears... 55 hours. :wtf: :rolleyes:
    To have lasted 19 years with is truely a good thing.

I have to add to this. It's werid to see the stars of a show like CSI in the tabloids. We often associate them with their characters, as people who have very little lives outside their jobs. But in reality the stars; Marg, Billy, Jorja, all have their own lives. It's hard to see a case like a separation or a divorce happen between the actors we have come to know about. Again people have mentioned we also only see bits and pieces of their personal lives.

Whatever happens between Marg and Alan, I do wish them both happines.

13. Criminologist86

presenthunter: I agree, it is weird seeing CSI stars in the tabloids...Not sure it sits comfortably with me, either...Like they are probably some of the MOST down to earth celebrities and people in Hollywood, and to see their lives being lied about in tabloids is really disturbing to me...But I do wish Marg and Alan the best and send TONS of love & hugs :)

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Marg H. is a strong woman and she'll get through this with or with Alan.

Sorry I guess I'm in Camp Marg-obviously!!!

Ideally, I hope they get back together as it is very sad to see a marriage that last that long need a cooling time.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Re: Marg/Alan,

While it may hurt us that our favorite celebrity pairing has split apart, we have to think about what's best for them. Marg is a strong lady and she's bound to pull through this, as is Alan being a strong man. This could just be temporary as we all know Alan is going through a very tough time right now with SAG and Marg has been there supporting him. They may just need their time apart and in a little bit of time, they could be back together. But one thing is for sure, we will always care for Marg/Alan and support them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.