The Locker Room #10: Danny, People's Sexiest CSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I noticed something the instant I saw him. He either doesn't break character between scenes or doesn't stray very far from Danny. This wasn't the laid back Carmine we think we get a glimpse of during a chat or an interview or by some of his e-mail responses. He looked totally intense and focused. Totally radiated a Danny vibe.
You know, this is something I've always wondered about. There are some actors that won't respond to anything but their character names on set during breaks. I've wondered if he was able to just flip it on and off. And good for you MrsG for using nice words like "intense" and "focused" to describe his disposition. I would have come runnin' back here dropping words like "mean" and "cranky".

After reading some of this and getting a very very small idea of what it's like, I have to say that I feel a little bad about calling him a whino about all the hours he works. So, from here on out, I will not do two things anymore.

1. I will not call him a whino
2. I will not threaten to call the whamublance for him anymore...not in a public setting, anyway. :p

Okay, girls, here’s the full report you’ve all been waiting for ...

Wow, that was excellent! Thank you for sharing that with us ... I've always been curious about how an episode got filmed. :D Wait, you mentioned you managed to give him a black book ... did you guys get to chat a little at the time?

Mrs.G one question for ya...What did you mean he didn't laugh like you expected? First what were you expecting and what did you experience?

I was only involved in shooting for maybe two hours, so yeah, it was a ton of standing around. But totally worth it just because that's a once in a lifetime experience and a great story to be able to tell. I am really, really grateful for that opportunity. It was a blast!

I always find it so interesting that it takes so much time to shoot something that's going to ultimately be a brief 3-4 minute scene. It's so cool to see how something you love is made. And, you're going to be on TV! That alone is so exciting. I can't wait to see you in the episode.

That actually did require some degree of balls because you really can't imagine just how intimidating "Danny" really is until you feel that vibe in person. ... I have no idea how Carmine can channel that all day then go home and respond to e-mails in a light-hearted manner. That's a really tough role.

I imagine Danny is very intimidating. The intensity is sexy as hell on screen, but in person I imagine it's somewhat off-putting and exhausting. I wonder how he manages to keep it up all day! Maybe that's the part of the job that he finds so wearying.

Yeah, I'm thinking once he got home and became lighter, friendlier Carmine, he probably did think it was funny as hell. Carmine, as opposed to Danny, does seem to have quite a sense of humor. BTW, I didn't tell you all that I actually re-wrote the entire Little Black Book Wednesday night in my hotel room because I fell in love with an address book I saw earlier in the day while wandering the shops in Beverly Hills. I found an absolutely freakin' perfect small black leather address book that has the names of major world cities embossed in the front cover. Perfect for addresses from all around the world. I couldn't resist, even if that did mean an evening of re-writing.

Oh, that is too perfect given the internationalness of the Little Black Book (LBB for short, anyone? :lol: I'm lazy).

Thanks, Top. My dress was sexy as hell and I had the benefit of professionally done hair and make-up. I literally could not have hoped for any better when approaching my #1 celebrity crush and he honestly could not have been less interested. :lol: :lol: :lol: He didn't check me out for even a fraction of a second. :( :lol: ... Damn, that's gonna sting the ol' self-esteem for a while. Totally kidding. :lol:

Well, Danny does do the thing where he always looks when the woman is walking away--maybe that's a thing Carmine picked up from Danny. Or vice versa.

Either way, it's cool you're going to be on TV looking hot in a gorgeous dress as opposed to being the dead body or something.

Either way, it's cool you're going to be on TV looking hot in a gorgeous dress as opposed to being the dead body or something.

Ahh, yes, but sometimes the dead bodies get felt up. Remember in Til Death Do We Part when Mac and Danny were examining the skin tone change of the bride's chest? All I'm saying is that I wouldn't have found it a hardship to be that dead body. :lol:

Anyhoo, very cool Mrs.G. :)

Yay MrsG you're back! We have all been waiting sooooo [im]patiently to hear from you. Thank you for the thorough report!!

He didn't check me out for even a fraction of a second.

As much as it may seem like a let down to you, I actually think it's a good thing. Carmine was being professional, and respecting you as a fan, and a woman [and not just a sexual object]. I'm really glad my favourite actor isn't some sleazy horny sick bastard while on the job [in the bedroom, now that's a different story].

You are very gorgeous, and I can't wait to see you on tv!!

Fantastic story, MrsG! Our anticipation was worth the wait. :) Based on your accounts, Carmine seems exactly like how I thought he would be. :p

Bitten, you're right. I wouldn't mind playing the DB in the slightest! :lol:

I'm really glad my favourite actor isn't some sleazy horny sick bastard while on the job.

True, very true. There are enough perverts in Hollywood. I read that he looks up to Gary because he acts for the right reasons. I think it goes to show that Carmine isn't there for the chicks he can pick up.

Mrs G!! hello there! Your official fan girl is so happy to have you back! i'm so glad you had a wonderful time and got to meet Carmine. i was really excited when i looked on here and saw your name! And thanks for the pic, you're as gorgeous as i knew you'd be!!

Hey MrsG glad to here that ya had an awesome time. I'll keep my eyes open but it could be a long time till the episode airs in the UK.

Wow - what an amazing experience! Mrs G., I'm so proud of how you represented all of us! As a mature, articulate, respecting fan. (OK, so we're not always like that! :lol:) I see myself blabbering something inaudible and then falling into a catatonic state. They'd have to peel me off the floor.
I'm sure he was appreciative, just surprised to have a fan on set. Probably humbled - he strikes me as a humble guy.

But I just gotta know.... about the EYES. How was it making eye contact with "our" man?!?!

Hey MrsG thank you for doing that report.. and passing along the LBB. It's really interesting to me how things work behind the scenes. I always thought shooting scenes was a quicker process, that doesn't take hours and hours. I think it's cool that he takes everything seriously and stays in character. I bet he was shocked though to see someone from the Locker Room show up on the set :D Did you bump into any writers and mention the LR's "idea"?

Can't wait to see the episode. I hope they show you in the episode especially since you had to eat the bugs and all.

I remember taking film studies in highschool. We had to do a 2 miniute shot involving 10 cuts. With all the time it took us to move the camera into position, the sequencing etc. it took us an hour at least...just for 2 minutes. It was this guy walking down the hallway and down some stairs. Not much of a scene but we couldn't have a dialogue. Image how much more complicated it get when you do.

Thanks for the recap, Mrs G. :) You are pretty!!

I think Carmine was just trying to focus on his work. He probably laughed his butt off when he got home. Maybe someone will get a call. LOL :D

And nice to know Maka will be making another appearance and Danny and Hawkes work together again. :)

wow MrsG what a fantastic write up! lucky girl!! ;) its cool to see what goes on from an inside perspective. everyone thinks its so glamorous and not that hard of a job but when it comes down to it, it really is!

its interesting to hear about how carmine didnt break character. ive heard of actors doing that a lot, but it must be fun to see. i wonder what hes gonna do with the little black book hehe

i cant wait to see the ep! now i have to go calm down cause during the whole recap i was squeeing like a little girl ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back