Stop picking on the poor guy

Hi all

I'm new to this forum, and joined because I love CSI, all of them, but my favourite is Miami and I luv Horatio, well should I say David Caruso.

I'm really a little concerned about some of the flack on some of the messages. It's fiction, they are not reall people, just characters.

I hope you didn't think I was one of the "flackers". I hope my response to theonemcp didn't sound like I was mad at him. I wasn't. I just get kinda freaked out at the thought that something horrible could happen to H or Rick mainly (because they are my two big faves) at the very end of the series. It has this effect of making me feel instantly depressed. But theonemcp didn't know that.

I think you should stay at this forum. It really is the best one. Post about why you like/love Horatio. Drench this forum with positive energy. :thumbsup:You going away just makes things worse because there's less positive energy.

I hope you didn't think I was one of the "flackers". I hope my response to theonemcp didn't sound like I was mad at him. I wasn't. I just get kinda freaked out at the thought that something horrible could happen to H or Rick mainly (because they are my two big faves) at the very end of the series. It has this effect of making me feel instantly depressed. But theonemcp didn't know that.
Didn't want you to get depressed, really. I couldn't stand it too, if something worse happens to H. If it happens at the end I could maybe get over it. Thats why I said that. ;) and if it gets worde, we allways have FFs ... :lol:

I think you should stay at this forum. It really is the best one. Post about why you like/love Horatio. Drench this forum with positive energy. :thumbsup:You going away just makes things worse because there's less positive energy.
Very well said :thumbsup:

You've made a great point, Ladyd10, they all should really be seeking therapy:lol:

However, yes they do all seem to have thier troubles, but there are different "kinds"; some are easier to get over, you learn from them & move on with strength. In Horatio's case, it appears that alot seems to be more "haunting" for him; things that have happened in his past that he isn't able to let go of. I could also see it being more haunting for Eric and the shooting/brain injury, for that matter. Some "troubles" can be controlled, others can't without the help of a professional.

I can understand your point of view, but for myself, as said before, it doesn't bother me much. Having said that though, it would be much nicer to see ALL the drama calm down some, it's a bit too much. The last season was way too forced and highly ridiculous.:rolleyes:

theonemcp posted: Didn't want you to get depressed, really. I couldn't stand it too, if something worse happens to H. If it happens at the end I could maybe get over it. Thats why I said that. ;) and if it gets worde, we allways have FFs ... :lol:

I love fanfics, but I really need a happy ending that's canon.

Very well said :thumbsup:

Well, I hope she heard me. I hope she's still here.

I have said it before and I'll say it again. If Horatio was as good as "god" and did everything by the book(that is for him being a cop), the show would have been over by now. He may or may not go dark but then again he has taken the law into his own hands but he was not in the wrong. Even more so when he was in brazil facing the judge that gave him a gun. right there the judge basically said (even though the judge didn't say it) you will die before you leave here. Horatio had every right to do what he did. If you don't agree then put yourself in that situation, I am pretty sure you all would have done the same thing. Also one of the gang members did have a knife in his hand when him and Eric were together so Horatio had a knife also. The point is that he is human, it proves it end of story on that one.

Talk about exploding vehicles where he walks away without a scratch, watch rambo 2 and 3 or any action movie. I personally don't care if he is part of the law, what this shows is he is expendable just like everyone else in the world. There comes a time where you will question yourself. no matter what TV show or movie you watch you can always come up with something that you didn't like about it.

Horatio wants to be apart of his sons life but with a guy that will probably kill his kid or make him a criminal, and while there is never good enough evidence to bust him, what would you do? Oh, I could say "you know what screw it if he dies he dies". Heck no, I wouldn't say that and anyone that had even a little soul in there body probably wouldn't do that either. I would definitely find a way to get him out of the picture if I knew someone with a kid of mine that was as bad as Seris (sp?) ts, I would do something instead of standing there and waiting. Sometimes if you wait to long something bad will happen, but hey, that's just me.

I personally don't like the one liners they started putting in there for Horatio Cain (David Caruso). I liked him when he was actually talking just like everyone else. The show will be interesting next season and there isn't really an argument about that. It's going to be interesting. I personally think that a lot of things are going to be back next season. one of them being him beating up that pedophile. Actually, I don't see anything after watching every single episode where they ignored a story. They either talk about it for a moment or something happens. Sometimes something happens right away, sometimes it's on hold till the next season.

I agree with alot you just said BIGDOG. One being about continuity...alot of times it is there it just shows up later in seasons & other times when a story is dropped (ie: Suzy/Madison) it was just meant to end that way, it had it's purpose & was done.
I don't know for sure if the pedophile was meant to be a "story" to return or if it was just foreshadowing to show where H is in his life. Who knows.

In the case of the Brazil issue, that Judge was the real bad guy. What WAS he supposed to do?? Go in there with this gun knowing that the judge was just waiting for him to come out of it dead, & that all these guys were going to shoot to kill him. How could he NOT have shot them to be safe?!?!? I admit I thought it was lame & a little pointless, but all the same, cop or no cop, if I were in that position where a bunch of men were trying to kill me, then yes, I'd shoot thier asses dead; not go hide behind a tree & wait to see if they just go away. He couldn't of very well went in there & just lamely said "stick 'em up, you're arrested":rolleyes:

Now about Ron. I don't want to see H KILL him, however this guy IS dangerous & a murderer & as much as this show wants us to believe that there is ALWAYS evidence....sometimes there isn't!!! There wouldn't be such a thing as "unsolveds'" if that were the case. So, in this particular situation, if I were Horatio trying to protect my child, I would go to any length to rid this man of doing harm to my kid.
If Ron does die, hopefully it will be a situation where he has a gun to Kyle or to Horatio himself.
I do not wish to see him come right out & off the guy!!!
Maybe he'll just set him up to go to prison, I believe they get a heftier sentence if they attempt to kill anyone in law enforcement. Plus, that would leave scenarios in later seasons for H to play around with, like Ron escaping from prison or something.:)

I scanned through this thread and it is really easy for folks to pick on poor Horatio. I agree immensely with the fact that Horatio is breaking down - and why shouldn't he be allowed to break down with everything he's been through - from his violent childhood on into his adulthood. He's been facing demons and many he hasn't fully dealt with. He's never gone in for any sort of therapy - look at what he did after Tim died - he talked to his girlfriend - not a professional. RoboH - well, I can see where folks feel that way but I think it was just the start of seeing this emotional change in a man who's running down a dark path as we all saw throughout season 6. I think the writers are trying to show just how human he is and therefore flawed. As a huge fan of this character, I've hemmed and hawed over some of the issues people pick on him for. Sometimes I agree, other times not. Maybe because I'm willing to give this poor fictional character the benefit of the doubt. He knows right from wrong - he's been an upstanding cop - for the most part. The pedophile in S6 - I hope Horatio kicked his sick butt. The insult of that man is heightened even more because for heaven's sake - he was an employee of the very system set in place to PROTECT and SERVE - and that doesn't mean victimizing said people. If Horatio beat him up, all the more power to the almighty H!!! Horatio takes his badge seriously and I could certainly see him becoming enraged and letting his fists fly and I hope he turned that guy's face to hamburger meat for even thinking of doing what he went to that girl's house to do.

The stuff in Brazil - if you were just left to make your way back home through the jungle with only one gun and your wits and had to face an onslaught of murderous villians, I feel H was justified to shoot his way out - it was kill or be killed. The machete guy - if H didn't kill him - he knew that guy would never have accepted H's mercy. He'd have stabbed H the minute H turned his back.

This isn't to say I condone violence in any way and there certainly is enough of it on the TV. But, these situations left Horatio in a very vulnerable state where it was a matter of survival or succumbing to very human emotions. With the deaths of loved ones, the crap he must see every day, the fact that an old flame drops a bomb on him that he's got a son - the poor guy deserves to show a very human inability to deal with it all. He's had a world of pain on his shoulders and I am sure he'd be like anyone out there - wanting his little piece of happiness and he's not been able to truly have that.

Horatio - come here, honey... I'll be your Rock of Gibraltar for ya!!

I think the writers are doing a good job taking Horatio down into the darker recesses of his psyche and we should examine why he as a character is behaving as he is. Putting yourself into those situations - we all handle things differently. Horatio's the kind of guy who bottles it up. To me, the top is ready to explode off and we are seeing him progress to that point. I think he'll get worse in his behaviors before he gets better. He may need time to re-evaluate why he is a cop and we as fans need to stick by him. He's said it himself that he's wanted to throw in the towel. Horatio's been a support system for everyone else - it's time we support him in his time of need even as a fictional character. It's awesome to think of how much people take to heart what this guy has done/is doing and I am sure the writers are doing their best to move this character in the right direction. Picking on Horatio isn't right - he's a wonderful character with oodles of hidden charm that I do wish the writers would play on a bit more. As a lady, I adore him for his upstanding ability to be compassionate and caring, he's a gentleman, and he's smart. He's a wise a$$ to the criminals because he has to be. Having his intelligence constantly insulted ticks him off and I don't blame him one bit. I'd hate it. This is a character willing to go to any length to find justice - right now, he's gone off the path just a bit - and I do understand why. It doesn't make it right but I do understand.

I wanted to address something else as I think of it now - Horatio is a hero and heroes can sometimes fall.

Antonio Riaz - although I am happy the guy met with a different form of justice, it is true that Horatio AND Eric willingly went to Rio to dispatch with Riaz. That was indeed wrong. Although again, I do understand the pains both these men were suffering - they didn't listen to what the higher ups told them to do - that they were after the 'bigger fish' and needed Riaz to draw them out hence letting him go despite the hideous murders he authorized. Horatio and Eric did take justice into their own hands and even though I am glad Riaz is gone - he was of NO USE to society and was using young boys to mule his drugs - H and E shouldn't have gone after him like that. In the end, it was Horatio having to rescue the life of his nephew which made it even in the wash as far as I was concerned. Riaz had in fact murdered again by beating Raymond to death - so, justice was served - just not in the court of law. Does it make it right? I think it can be debated to death and both sides will have excellent and valid points. So before another war of words results - there's my point of view on that one.

Ron Saris - if Horatio feels he needs to get his posse and hunt this guy down, Horatio - you got my approval. This guy is horribly dangerous and will stop at nothing to get what he wants - money, power, etc... The sad thing is that in Horatio's case - his one and only son - a son he didn't know about until now - is smack in the middle of this mess. Saris married Julia for her fortune - Kyle is her heir and if Saris dispatches Julia - which he just might to get her money - Kyle is in the way as her heir to her fortune. Horatio is going into protective father mode - again, we might not agree with his methods - but if you were in his shoes, would you really turn your nose up and let the law run its course if it were your kid in danger? I think people need to look outside their own little box and attempt to put themselves into the situations that are being argued about. Would you want to wait for things to play out and maybe see your child die in the end? Horatio's one big thing that really drives him is family - he now has a son - flesh of his flesh - and he's not going to just sit by and wait if he can do something about it. Ron is another person who is of no use to society and poses a HUGE threat to every civilian walking the streets - if H has to do what he feels he needs to do, he's got my support because in the end, he'd be protecting me - fictionally speaking...

ladyd10 - you state a mess of great examples that Calleigh has had to deal with - but one thing is for certain, and this isn't to be a sexist - but women handle things differently than men. Men are not emotional - women are - we ladies are not afraid to say we are afraid. We are not afraid to admit to feeling down. We are not afraid to deal with our emotional issues. For the most part, I'll add. There are always exceptions. Horatio's a guy through and through. He's come from a dysfunctional family - the child of abuse. He's watched his loved ones die right under his nose. He's done his best to stand tall. He deserves a little mental breakdown at this point. But honestly - to say he's become creepy - put yourself into his shoes attempting to think like a guy. I would still trust him with my life. Deep down inside, he's still that lovable guy that I am sure is giggling mad every time he sees Yelina (hoping he will end up with her - maybe a happy series finale) - right now, he's at an emotional crossroad where his choices have him acting a bit outside the law. Stick it out - I have faith the writers will pull him back. Some of the extra drama is probably to pull more male fans into the fold. It is very possible the entire series is laid out - I am sure the writers will want CSI Miami to go out with a bang and not a boo. It seems many series are ending on high notes with large fan bases instead of dropping away due to low ratings. I would hate to see the show come to an end as I always look forward to seeing what my dear redhead cop is going to face in a new show, but all good things must come to an end at some point. Ten years seems to be a typical good run these days - perhaps having 9 seasons will be it... sad... but oh well... thank god for the DVDs...

What I really do wish the writers would do is focus on the little things they tend to let slide. What ever happened to Madison after the bone marrow transplant? Where and how did Horatio meet Julia? Why did she leave him? Why didn't she track him down when she learned she was having his baby? Why is it that Eric said he had older sisters when it seemed that Marisol was younger than he (look at her age on the headstone after her death - 28 if I do my math right- isn't Eric over 30?).

What I do love about this show - besides a total addiction and affection for Horatio - is the camaraderie and chemistry between all the characters - the sense of adoptive family Horatio can have in place of what he lost (and something I hope the writers capitalize on as Horatio travels back to the light from his darkness) - and the idea that each and every character brings something to the table. Every character involved in the show has a purpose and isn't just put there because. I hate Rick but love him because he offsets Horatio - Rick is ambitious and jealous and uses his position inappropriately many times. Horatio tries to stand tall.

As a woman, I adore this character because he is what I feel more men need to learn to be like. Be respectful, honest, caring, compassionate - he'd hug us when we feel down and lift us up when we are successful. He's not the jealous type, he's not arrogant, and would be the kind of guy I'd want to walk beside and I would do so proudly. He's endearing and charming - and ok - thanks DC, for being a snappy dresser!! :cool: He's got the right sort of punch to be attractive to the ladies and he's got the fire and action to be attractive to the guys. He's just .... well... coooooolllll!!! Yeah.....:cool:

arcadian7, I appreciate your contributions to this forum very much, however I just wanted to let you know that you have 24 hours to edit your posts as opposed to double posting. Thanks. :)

didn't realize I double posted. I thought all the things I added in the second post were different items for discussion. Sorry - I'm used to the other forum where once you submit - that's it - got other thoughts, gotta add another post... sorry :alienblush:

arcadian7 posted: What I do love about this show - besides a total addiction and affection for Horatio - is the camaraderie and chemistry between all the characters - the sense of adoptive family Horatio can have in place of what he lost (and something I hope the writers capitalize on as Horatio travels back to the light from his darkness) - and the idea that each and every character brings something to the table. Every character involved in the show has a purpose and isn't just put there because. I hate Rick but love him because he offsets Horatio - Rick is ambitious and jealous and uses his position inappropriately many times. Horatio tries to stand tall.

Ok, I have to stop you when it comes to Rick because Rick was a changing character last season. He basically spent the entire season trying to protect Horatio as much as he could--or as much as H would let him. And when he had a chance to gloat when H had to be extradited to Brazil did he? No. From what I saw he had been crying. He was very upset about it. He wasn't thinking, "Hahaha, maybe now I'll finally have a chance to take over the lab". No. He did everything he could to try to prevent H from having to leave. The only episode last season that Rick was snarky in was to Delko in "Deep Freeze" when he was telling him about the rule against fraternization. But when it came to H last season he either tried to get along with him and to understand him or he tried to protect him (Cyber-lebrity, Chain Reaction and Ambush). I am protective of Rick :) so I had to point this out.

It's good to have someone else join the forum who is also addicted to H. Glad you're here, Arcadian7. :thumbsup:

I'd have to see those episodes again but I think for Horatio - he'll never completely trust Rick after all the stuff he did in the past. Besides, Rick doesn't have a glorious position in having to play devil's advocate when it comes to the people he works with - it's his job unfortunately to attempt to keep everyone on the up and up. But that's the fun of having an adversarial character like Rick - you have to love to hate him... I understand your point of view - I suppose I will have to wait until those shows are either repeated on TV or see them when released on DVD. Maybe like Horatio, I'm still thinking of how Rick has been in the past and being judgmental as a result.

I'm glad to be here - sometimes I feel like I'm in the minority in being a Horatio supporter - everyone really likes to pick on this poor character when he really is awesome - it seems way too many get hung up on the sunglasses thingie and don't want to see him for what he really is... and I just LOVE to point out all his good traits...sunglasses on....:cool: now, that's what cool looks like...

I'd have to see those episodes again but I think for Horatio - he'll never completely trust Rick after all the stuff he did in the past. Besides, Rick doesn't have a glorious position in having to play devil's advocate when it comes to the people he works with - it's his job unfortunately to attempt to keep everyone on the up and up. But that's the fun of having an adversarial character like Rick - you have to love to hate him... I understand your point of view - I suppose I will have to wait until those shows are either repeated on TV or see them when released on DVD. Maybe like Horatio, I'm still thinking of how Rick has been in the past and being judgmental as a result.

I'm glad to be here - sometimes I feel like I'm in the minority in being a Horatio supporter - everyone really likes to pick on this poor character when he really is awesome - it seems way too many get hung up on the sunglasses thingie and don't want to see him for what he really is... and I just LOVE to point out all his good traits...sunglasses on....:cool: now, that's what cool looks like...

that's another reason why we shouldn't stop explaining things. It's sad and sometimes frustrating that people can't seem to look through Hs "frame". Is it so beyond believe that his little "faults" are done on purpose. IMO he tries to implement something like a symbol. Something that makes it easier for him to interact with people, suspects.
one reason I started grinning while watching certain scenes of "batman begins", was that I was thinking about H. (and that was while back, when the movie was in theaters). Yeah I know people will start rolling eyes again at that point, but comic is not always an alias for bad. not at all.

Horatio does certain things (things people pick on him for) for a reason. The tilt of his head is to allow for eye contact in a non-threatening way. Standing sideways - he's making a firm stand - again, non-threatening to victims, strong stance to a criminal. The sunnies - for heaven's sake - the guy's a red head living in Miami - if he takes them on and off constantly - again, he likes to make eye contact and I am sure with all certainty that the Miami sun bothers him being so fair. It irks me to have people smother poor Horatio with slams when they don't look into the real meat of this character and the strong impression he makes through body language. I've chatted at length on the CBS community board over the incredible repertoire of looks and stances that David uses to bring this character to life - it's just amazing. If this character were real, I'd feel safe standing by his side and criminals - look out!! This is a guy who's like a pit bull off his leash!!

I think it's going to take at least another season of Rick being protective toward H before a lot of fans realize that he's not out to get H anymore. And I am so hoping that H will slowly start to trust Rick more and be nicer to him. Otherwise it's going to be painful to watch if when Rick is trying to help, H just keeps talking bruskly (sp?) to him all the time. And you're so right about Rick's position in that he is an IAB agent and he doesn't have the luxury of being able to automatically believe members of the team the way H does when they get in a tricky situation.

Absolutely!!! :thumbsup::):thumbsup: Oh, and I think a lot of people are just jealous of Horatio!!!! He is just so damn cool. I love the way he looks in those sunglasses, the way he stands, everything.

Oh, and to theonemcp: there's a lot of people in here that like comics. In fact I have a buddy who just joined who's really into them. I saw Batman Begins and can't wait to see The Dark Knight.

Back