The Great Ship Debate - CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Jul 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

I definitely see Catherine and Warrick as a possible pairing. They work well together and their chemistry is undeniable. And in the premiere, Warrick was the first to tell Catherine of his divorce, which I think is very telling. I think his marriage was only instated to give GSR the limelight, which I'm not necessarily complaining about. I've always thought that the writers would eventually return to Yo!Bling when the time was right. And now that Jorja has left the show, it gives more room for other relationships to come to fruition.

I see Catherine and Grissom on an almost sibling type of level. They are each so different from the other and that's the way that I like it. It adds a nice dynamic to the show, to see two of the strongest characters of the opposite sex working so well together and not having to be anything other than close friends.

Sara and Grissom seem to be more on the same wavelength despite their obvious differences. They both seem to be very introverted and hermits of sorts which makes their compatibility pretty easy to notice.

Catherine and Nick seem to have a good working relationship and may flirt with each other from time to time, but I can't really see it going any further.

I do wonder if a new CSI relationship will become canon now that GSR isn't at the forefront anymore. CSI has so many great possible ships, I could talk about it all day. :lol:

2. Waiting

Waiting CSI Level One

I also wonder if any canon ships will come out of the show! It's interesting to say the least.

I'm not sure if Yobling with happen or not. They did have some major chemistry working in season 5, but then they had Warrick go off and get married in season 6. I just don't see Catherine playing second fiddle when Warrick could have easily chose her to begin with. Thats just my take on it. It seemed that when Warrick and Catherine drifted, she became a lot closer to Nicky. Well she was always close to NIck to begin with. Plus, from what I heard Marg thinks that the time for yobling has passed.

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

As you know, I totally agree with you; I think its time for CN to shine, plus they've been having some great scenes so far, and very close scenes. :devil: ; I just think CN's chemistry is going great and I hope they keep it up. (and of course you know I want them to say their together, duh!)

4. subterraneantwin

subterraneantwin Rookie

Yeah, I definitely know where you're coming from. It has been over 2 seasons since Catherine and Warrick have had any sort of definitive storyline together, but I just keep hoping for something more. And I do see a little chemistry between Catherine and Nick, but it's hard to say what will happen. The pessimist in me almost thinks that things won't really pick up in the relationship department of CSI... that is, except for maybe Wedges. Because let's face it, labrat relationships are kind of harmless.

5. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I can totally see Catherine with Warrick. However I can also see her with Nick. I also think that if the writers were to make another ship on the show cannon, then they might make some people even more angry. There are a lot of people like me who watch the show for the characters. But there are also a lot of people who watch the show for the cases. If they were to make another ship cannon it would become a tv drama and not a tv crime show like it is. I would like to see Catherine with Nick though, I think they are cute together and they have a lot of chemistry between them.

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Yet you just contradicted yourself by using anti, so you're not exactly keeping the water calm. Sorry to point that out but calling someone a name then then using said name really defeats the purpose.

Just stating a fact that most people don't like be called names because of how they feel about topics and such. Perhaps the solution to this is not to post these things in a public forums that anyone can read.

I don't see the connection between Grissom and Sara, perhaps it's because I was drawn to the show on the science factor and then found favorite characters. But then again their situations and personalities don't appeal to me to that might be a reason as well. I have never found them to be enteraining or intriguing, rather blah and impersonable.

A pairing that might be interesting to see on screen would be Nick and Greg. In the present day and age a same sex couple isn't too far fetched. They already have great interactions when they work together and probably hang out a lot when not on the clock.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

let me rephrase it, so that you could better understand what i tried to say. what i meant is that both sides of the fence include people who behave ridiculously. there shouldn't be a distinction of what ship they support, b/c it's absolutely pointless and not fair for those who are well-behaved and nice to everybody. you can't say 'Grillows shippers are rude' b/c it's not true. personally i know a heck of a lot of them who i thoroughly enjoy to debate with and who respect my preferences. same with any other ship.

tbh i'm really glad that there are people who support other pairings. it keeps the CSI internet world interesting and it's a lot of fun to discuss the show with them. the problems only start when people take it all too seriously and become way too defensive.

but hey, we like the same show, after all :)

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree with subterraneantwin mainly on Yo'Bling, since the onset I've see a strong camraderie with them, they respect and are in tune with each other. Both of them have gotten angry with the other team members, but never with each other. and their both social beings, so that would be a great paring:thumbsup:also his marriage, she was visibly hurt and didn't understand, who did? but he got rid of that error in judgement, so who knows:confused:

Grissom/Cath.. not in sync or don't understand one another, she's continually baffled and confused by his behavior, and him as well with her, even on cases they don't see eye to eye. I've seen some funny candid moments between them, but never anything romantic!

Nick/Cath, co/workers friends and work well together, but no romantic inclinations, to me, like she is also with Greg, Brass, Doc, Archie etc.

9. Desertwind

Well this is pretty awful for the Yo'Bling lovers, now that Gary is apparently leaving ths show:( and some new guy will replace him, I wonder if the producers are setting him up for a new love interest for Cath, one never knows what TPTB have up their sleeves:eek: and that leaves as of now two women on the show Cath and Wendy, unless Jorja comes back soon:bolian: maybe their putting relationships on the back burner for now!

10. Desertwind

there's been gossip that Jorja Fox has been seen on the CSI set, as of late, and will be back to surprise all of us, when we hear her say [in their apt.] "Hello Gilbert, I'm home" this is so cool, and all GSR fans are thrilled, so hopefully this rumor is the real deal

11. caff

caff Dead on Arrival

The only ships I believe in are nick/greg(my otp) and grissom/heather. I see the others, but they don't seem plausible to me.

The love cancel out all other nick greg added ships. You have to be blind not to see chemistry between these two. You can act all you want but they have something special. Their looks and touches and way of communicating surpasses any other vegas ship I've seen.

I don't want to get started on GSR. I'll just say that I don't like it, it seems over played and for going after someone for SO many years, you'd figure sara would ore loving, yet she's morose and being a cry baby all of the time. When gsr started i stopped watching, seriously.

Grissom and lady heather just click, they have an understanding and they don't force themselves upon each other to make one like the other. Gil finds that he cares so much about her, he's always there when he's needed, and with her personality she wouldn't say it, he just knows.

12. Desertwind

Ahhm, but he doesn't LOVE LH, he asked Sara to marry him:bolian: they're a couple, plus LH has been on CSI 4 times in 8 years hardly a relationship, and he did call Sara when Warrick got shot, and she's rushing home to be at his side, as it should be! and he's helpful & kind to all the team members as well as Brass's pitiful daughter Ellie, he's a compassionate guy and is always there to solve and help any one out who can't seem to do it themselves, so many instances but the one who has captured his heart and soul is the one he's with, whether some don't like it or not, the point is that's what he wants!

13. Desertwind

Any bets on when Sara returns, her and Grissom are married, or will be soon, and she'll ask Cath to be her matron of honor:thumbsup: and eventrually when this S/9 ends they'll ride off into the sunset, which is probably San Francisco, where they met so long ago;)

14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

At this point, Grissom doesn't even know Warrick has been shot, so he hasn't called anyone.

Doesn't that belong in the GSR thread?

15. Desertwind

According to this *spoiler* site Grissom calls Sara to tell her about Warrick, [9x01] how does one think she found out? they've been in touch all along, he stated that to Brass in the "KILL" ep. she's visiting her mother in San Francisco! and this thread is about all "ships" & different scenerios, thus all of them can be discussed on here, and it's about future happenings, and what I think might occur;)

http://csi.wetpaint.com/page/CSI+Spoilers

Last edited: Jun 10, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.