Danny/Flack #6 - Bottom Line: Flack Wants Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only thing he's probably capable of is making a mistake a la "On the Job." There's something so earnest about Danny. It's funny--even when he's under attack, he doesn't really lash out, save for verbally. He's not physically violent at all.
Speaking of "On the Job" and making mistakes, do you think Flack can make a mistake for Danny? Sorta like what Moran did (well, he did that for his kid but I hope you get what I mean lol)

^ No worries, that websites loves people linking to their pictures and website. :) They even have HTML ready made for every macro in case you wanna post them in your blog or website. :lol: Rather nifty, that.

I thought he just kind of quieted down and kept crying. I did notice how he didn't really let himself fall into Mac's arms. He just kind of stood there and let Mac hold him. I think he appreciated it, but he wasn't totally comfortable, if that makes sense.

Good observation on him just standing there! Yeah, it was Mac who stepped forward to hug him, wasn't it? Ya know, I think Flack really is the only person whom Danny has touched without any necessary reason. I know Danny put his arms on Hawkes' shoulders in episode 4x02, but that was because he and Hawkes were joking around and Hawkes made such a funny reply to his question, hahah. But touching somebody just for the sake of it?

Oh yes, Danny certainly has touched someone that way. In fact, he was the first to touch Flack, on the arm in the season one episode, Rain. :D Anybody has a screencap of that?

I still remember that look that passed between them in RSRD, when Flack said, "We're not going anywhere." Danny just looked over at Flack with such complete trust and acceptance. Danny's a little hellion, but the look in his eyes said he was going to do just as Flack said. And he did. I notice that with them, too--Danny lets Flack take care of him. I think he appreciates that there's someone who wants to do that for him.

2201237np1.jpg

2201240vq0.jpg

Indeed, pictures can speak a thousand words. :)

Danny's eyes really do get bigger whenever he knows Flack's looking at him. And look at Flack's expression! If that doesn't say, "It's okay, babe, I'm here and I ain't goin' anywhere," I dunno what does!

Kimmychu said:
^ No worries, that websites loves people linking to their pictures and website. :) They even have HTML ready made for every macro in case you wanna post them in your blog or website. :lol: Rather nifty, that.

LOL, that's awesome. That one really is perfect for protective Flack and his sweet little baby. :D

Good observation on him just standing there! Yeah, it was Mac who stepped forward to hug him, wasn't it? Ya know, I think Flack really is the only person whom Danny has touched without any necessary reason. I know Danny put his arms on Hawkes' shoulders in episode 4x02, but that was because he and Hawkes were joking around and Hawkes made such a funny reply to his question, hahah. But touching somebody just for the sake of it?

Oh yes, Danny certainly has touched someone that way. In fact, he was the first to touch Flack, on the arm in the season one episode, Rain. :D Anybody has a screencap of that?

Danny doesn't tend to be touchy, does he? He has been with other characters a few times, but not all that often. He did reach out for Flack in "Rain" though, didn't he? That cap is so sweet. I keep meaning to rewatch that episode and never get around to it. :lol: It looks like it's a good DF episode, and I wasn't really shipping them when it first aired. I need to go back and look at it to see if Flack was staring that early on. :devil: ;)

2201237np1.jpg

2201240vq0.jpg

Indeed, pictures can speak a thousand words. :)

Danny's eyes really do get bigger whenever he knows Flack's looking at him. And look at Flack's expression! If that doesn't say, "It's okay, babe, I'm here and I ain't goin' anywhere," I dunno what does!

Danny was so sad and broken in that episode...if I remember correctly, he looked down a lot. But Flack got him to look up. :D And that look of Flack's--oh wow. The man is in love!

You know, I know we've touched on this before, but if Danny was a woman, and Flack behaved exactly the same towards Danny, everyone would assume Flack was in love. The man is constantly going out of his way for Danny, making a point of protecting him, emotionally and physically. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

chaostheory08 said:

Speaking of "On the Job" and making mistakes, do you think Flack can make a mistake for Danny? Sorta like what Moran did (well, he did that for his kid but I hope you get what I mean lol)

That thought crossed my mind, too. What if Flack had to compromise his morals to protect Danny? What if, in "Trapped," it had just been Flack, and Stella wasn't there and Danny hadn't been able to reach the solution? Would Flack have negotiated with the guy to keep Danny safe? There's also "Snow Day"--what made Flack storm that warehouse, and possibly put all of the hostages at risk, was a threat to Danny specificially.

I think it's fair to say that Flack's feelings for Danny do sometimes cloud his judgment. I think him following Danny and not Mac in "The Thing About Heroes" supports that idea too. So...would Flack compromise his morals to protect Danny? I don't know--but I wouldn't put it outside the realm of possibility. As moral and upright as Flack is, Danny clearly means the world to him. I think it's an interesting discussion, and an intriguing possibility.

Flack breaking into Danny's apartment is somewhat questionable--that does kind of cross a line--but he does it because he's worried about Danny. So I think it's a strong possibility.

I think with Flack, he's willing to push the limits, bend the rules a bit for Danny without outright breaking them.

Tee-hee, I remember Jerry's line in "Trapped" -- "Call your partner!" If Stella wasn't there (wasn't Danny's 'partner')... :devil: Oh joy!

But Danny's stubborn as a mule. He wouldn't let Flack risk his career and/or life for him. He would be all, "Don't you dare!" but Flack will do it anyway.

Btw... the sequel to "The Tape" is posted on my LJ already. Since it's very pr0ny... just find it on my LJ:

http://chaos-theory08.livejournal.com

Kimmychu said:
Look, I even found a macro that's perfect for the point:

Awwwwww, look, the dog even has Flack's coloring! :lol:

Aaaaawwwwww, that's just sooooo sweet!!!!! :)
I made this a while ago:
Wuff!!!

I think Danny and Flack would be the perfect pairing for any Yaoi Manga. Its always "the Blond" who needs to be taken care of and to be protected. The "dark haired" is the strong one, who protect his Love from whatever harm/danger thrown at them (Like in "Fake" or "New York,New York", in which one or both characters work for the police). So it fits Danny and Flack. :D
*leaves to read "NY,NY" again.*

^LOL, love it. I don't know much about Yaoi--just a little from what I've been told by others--but yeah, that does sound like Danny and Flack.

Danny isn't totally helpless--both times he's been in danger, he's gotten the rescue process started by throwing solution in someone's face :lol: --but I do think Flack worries about him a lot, and looks at him as someone less capable of taking care of himself than Flack is. I think Flack definitely thinks of himself as the strong one in the relationship.

chaos_theory, I love your story! That was totally hot, and very in character for the boys! I think I like it even better than the first one! :D

Top41 said:
^LOL, love it. I don't know much about Yaoi--just a little from what I've been told by others--but yeah, that does sound like Danny and Flack.

Danny isn't totally helpless--both times he's been in danger, he's gotten the rescue process started by throwing solution in someone's face :lol: --but I do think Flack worries about him a lot, and looks at him as someone less capable of taking care of himself than Flack is. I think Flack definitely thinks of himself as the strong one in the relationship.
I love Yaoi for a long time now and as I started writing and reading slash, I always found it really intresting that this "Blond" "Dark haired" thing seemed to be found everywhere quite often. And as I began to love Danny/Flack, boom, there was it again. The dark haired hero and the blond that needed protection. In Yaoi its more dramatical, and the blond character is mostly the weaker, more feminin character of the pairing (Danny isn't like that), but there's always something that reminds me of this kind of mangas when it comes to Danny and Flack. :D

Faylinn said:
Maybe it has to do with how they experienced things. Flack has always been on one side of the situation, and Danny has spent time on both sides. Danny knows how it feels to be that kid, what choices they have to make, etc. Flack may have seen everything, but he hasn't experienced it.

Danny has always been the innocent one, if you ask me. As a kid, he was innocent of what his family was up to. When he was older, he was innocent of anything except trying to fit in with his brother--no matter how much he might have looked up to Louie and wanted to be like him, he's still the kid that wants the other guys to stop hurting someone else.

And he always had someone to protect him and look after him in silence. First Louie now Flack. Danny was oblivious to what his brother did for him,he even misunderstood him, and now he seems not to be fully aware of what Flack did and / or would do for him. Yup, innocent suits Danno!

Flack, meanwhile--he grew up in the shadow of the NYPD.

Which is why Flack seems to grasp this concept better than Danny: some people are bad ! Can't save their soul. Period. Danny, on the other hand, grew on the other side, the one with shades of black and white. It's harder for him to accept the black or white. Hence why he's getting disappointed and hurt so often. And why he's bad at judging characters. Hence Flack's (and other's too) instinct to protect him. ;) It's a vicious circle. :lol:

However, with Flack, he doesn't hide, period. He lets it out and somehow, it's like he just knows Flack will never abandon him, hence his ... voluntary vulnerability around Flack.

Yeah, definitely. He always looks so at ease with Flack. I still remember that look that passed between them in RSRD, when Flack said, "We're not going anywhere." Danny just looked over at Flack with such complete trust and acceptance. Danny's a little hellion, but the look in his eyes said he was going to do just as Flack said. And he did. I notice that with them, too--Danny lets Flack take care of him. I think he appreciates that there's someone who wants to do that for him.

Trust! That I know I can crash and burn and make a scene and you'll still love me kinda trust. They understand and complete each other. Because, whatever there is between Danny & Flack is build on the strongest friendship ever. Come what may, they will always have friendship. Friendship and a whole lotta history! ;)

In fact, he was the first to touch Flack, on the arm in the season one episode, Rain. Anybody has a screencap of that?

:D
93241946sm5.jpg

And while we're at it, check out this Blink cap. Danny staring.. Awwww

Lorelai said:
93241946sm5.jpg

Awwww. It looks like Danny is pointing out how Flack is, um, reacting to him, and offering to help out with that. :devil: ;)

Danny: What's that?
Flack: You really gotta ask?
Danny: You going to sit there with that all day?
Flack: Just until you leave.
Danny: Well, maybe I can help you out...
*Flack pounces*

:devil: :devil: :devil:

In that other cap, they all look so young! I know it was only three years ago, but man, they look different.

I think there are definitely a lot of things about Danny that make Flack protective of him. His bad judge of character, his shocked reactions about what people can do to each other, his knack for getting into trouble or danger. I also think the physicality probably comes in there in some way or another...Danny is shorter and smaller than Flack, and I'm sure that does make Flack feel like the strong one in the relationship. Danny's his pretty little baby. :D ;)

YES! THANK YOU, LORELAI! :D :D :D You have no idea how much it drove me up the wall searching for that screencap! :lol: (I dunno why, but I liked Flack's former office like shown in the screencap. It definitely had more of an NY feel to it than the current one. Dunno to explain it ... more gritty? Darker? Had more of that 1940s-60s NY look?)

Awww, Danny was the first to make physical contact on screen with Flack! Hey, Zhushuaijie? I'm starting to understand why you feel that Danny was the one who fell in love with Flack first instead of Flack falling in love with danny first. :) See, the first episode I really concentrated on for CSI:NY was Blood, Sweat & Tears, which was where Flack was doing all the staring at Danny. :lol: But, yeah, if I saw Rain first, there's the big possibility I'd think Danny was the first to fall for Flack too.

Ah, what the hey, they fell in love with each other from the moment they met. ;)

Top41 said:
In that other cap, they all look so young! I know it was only three years ago, but man, they look different.

:lol: I know! I'm looking at that screencap from Rain and I'm marvelling at how young Danny looks! Flack ... I dunno, he looks older then to me than he does today. Think it might be all the bright colors he's wearing these days. The black jacket and the sideburns definitely added a few years to him. (But man, do I miss seeing the black leather jacket on him.)

My pleasure! :)

I think the first physical contact on screen was in Blink, yes? Flack touched Danny. A little pad on the back.

Love was in the air before Blink. The same with the friendship. TPTB established the on & off friendship from the pilot. So, imagination run wild! :lol:

chaos_theory, I love your story! That was totally hot, and very in character for the boys! I think I like it even better than the first one!
Oh thanks! :lol: Now I'm thinking about what'll happen to that tape. Any suggestions? :devil:

I love Yaoi for a long time now and as I started writing and reading slash, I always found it really intresting that this "Blond" "Dark haired" thing seemed to be found everywhere quite often. And as I began to love Danny/Flack, boom, there was it again. The dark haired hero and the blond that needed protection. In Yaoi its more dramatical, and the blond character is mostly the weaker, more feminin character of the pairing (Danny isn't like that), but there's always something that reminds me of this kind of mangas when it comes to Danny and Flack.
My first dose of slash is in the LoTR fandom. Hell, even RPS! :devil: :lol: Legolas/Aragorn (with an addition of Boromir on some) is the same thing. Legolas is all prince-y and delicate and Aragorn is opposite, "filthy human".

Lorelai said:
93241946sm5.jpg

I am a very bad goil. Okay, I know it might be just the pants or the zipper or whatever but.... erm... lookie at Danny's erm... crotch area :devil:

^Danny likes touching Flack. :devil: ;)

Yeah, Flack was definitely the first one to touch Danny in "Blink." He also cast a long look after Danny as Danny walked away. Can you blame the man for ogling that hot ass? :devil: ;) But Danny was the one who reminded Flack about hoops on Saturday. He didn't want his man to forget they had a date (as if Flack ever could! :lol: :devil: ).

I still think Flack fell for Danny first. Danny just seems so oblivious, and Flack does seem to the be the one pursuing Danny. However, I think Danny is in love with Flack, too, and simply in denial. He seems awfully determined to avoid dealing with his feelings for Flack.

chaostheory08 said:
Lorelai said:
93241946sm5.jpg

I am a very bad goil. Okay, I know it might be just the pants or the zipper or whatever but.... erm... lookie at Danny's erm... crotch area :devil:

OMG, chaostheory08, you are a bad, bad girl. :devil: :lol: Now I can't unsee that part of his crotch in the screencap! :lol:

Gosh, why is it the guys always appear to have a *ahem* hardening somewhere whenever they're around each other? :devil: :devil: :devil: Remember that scene where Danny and Flack are in the hospital or something and Danny' interviewing this female witness? And we joked about Flack's pants looking really suspicious? Yeah. :lol: Even better that Danny was smirking while Flack walked away. ;)

^Wasn't Flack walking away awfully awkwardly and stiffly in that scene? :lol: Poor Flack, he just cannot hide his lust for his Kinkapoodle from anyone...not even said Kinkapoodle. ;)

I love the way Flack is looking at Danny in that pic above. He looks like he's about one second from pulling Danny into his lap. :devil: Danny looks like he'd be amenable to the idea... ;) :devil: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back