Why Lindsay REALLY Must Go (Pt. 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I thought about it for a while. Its not so easy in Germany to judge the actors cause everything not german is dubbed, so they seemed to be good or better then when you watch the original episode.
But as I watch both, the dubbed and the original version, I've to agree that Anna is not a very good actor. I saw her too in Law & Order SUV and it was the same.
I think she's not that good at expressing emotions physical. Sadly the german syncronizer shows more emotions, only by voice, then Anna herself in her whole acting. :(

penguinpie said:
The unevenness and inconsistency of Lindsay's character has been the subject of much debate in this thread. We just don't know whether the fault lies in the writers not quite knowing what to do with the character or with Anna not having a firm grasp on her character's identity.

I personally think it's a bit of both but truth be told as an actor if the writers give Anna poop on a platter to work with she should be able to make us think it's gold. Any decent actor would have made good of her story lines despite how uneven and inconsistent they were.

And penguinpie just thought you should know you're not ages behind :lol: :lol:. TV and movie actors do in fact have demo reels that get sent out along with their resumé and headshot.

About the bump for D/L. Some people look at the bump as something you go up and over. I look at the bump as something you may not see coming so you trip over that, fall, hit your head and die. I hope their relationship will be one of those bumps.

Kimmychu said:
^ :lol::lol::lol: Alright, alright, seriously, I highly doubt Lindsay's going to be laden with another Big Dark Secret. Anna Belknap can't handle it, and that was proven for all to see last season with the whole past mass murder of her friends plot. And take a look at how this season's gone so far: minimal Lindsay, even in an episode where she's supposed to have a bigger role, and she barely does anything other than explain things or do scenes where she's just conducting experiments and not saying anything.
Okay then, the kitty-cat gets a reprieve for now. :p

After such a big, over-the-top Dark Secret, it's hard to imagine what they could reasonably come up with that wouldn't be totally silly. Hopefully, they won't resort to having her be raped by some evil bastard (an overused plot device where female characters are concerned). Bugger, now I'm doing it ...

They don't seem to know what to do with her this season, so they've stuck her in the lab. She's Exposition Girl as well as Captain Obvious now. "Just here to explain a plot point, ma'am." Reduced to set dressing, how sad. :(

And penguinpie just thought you should know you're not ages behind :lol::lol:. TV and movie actors do in fact have demo reels that get sent out along with their resumé and headshot.
Thank you, Whoslaughingnow, so I'm not such a dinosaur after all. :lol:

I'd love to see Danny chew Lindsay out at some point for being so self-centered. That could be a great, very believable point of frustration for them.
Oh dang, yeah! Him or let Flack do it. :lol: Or Stella. :lol:

The problem with Danny no longer being a prop for Lindsay is, uh, is she even capable of standing on her own as a character without him?
If Danny quits his second job of being a prop for Lindsey, no other character can take the place. Then.... she has to go.

The question is whether Anna Belknap can handle whatever storylines the writers write out for Lindsay, because that's what really makes or breaks things now.
Maybe that's why the writers keep on changing her supposed back story... because once they let Anna act it out, it doesn't work as well as it did on paper.

I saw her too in Law & Order SUV and it was the same.
Oh yeah... all she had to do was say two or three lines with her head down and act all scared when she sees her character's rapist. But.... the emotion stopped on the glass screen of the TV.

Hmmm... what other dark secrets are out there? :lol:

BlueDemon said:
But as I watch both, the dubbed and the original version, I've to agree that Anna is not a very good actor. I saw her too in Law & Order SUV and it was the same.
I think she's not that good at expressing emotions physical. Sadly the german syncronizer shows more emotions, only by voice, then Anna herself in her whole acting. :(
Yep, that’s something I noticed too. The actress that dubs her does a decent job and Lindsay isn’t that annoying in the German version. Also the best dubbing sadly can’t conceal the scrunch face… :(

Okay, just something I noticed while I was watching 'One Wedding and a Funeral'.
I thought it was interesting that when Stella and Lindsay were questioning the pedophile that Lindsay got like one line, which kinda felt flat, and then she wasn’t on screen any more. The rest was just Stella questioning the guy, if I remember correctly?
Is there hope that someone finally noticed that Anna Belknap is just unable to sell emotions and so they just don’t give her that many scenes which require, you know something like acting, anymore?
They cut out some of the emotional stuff she should have had in Boo as well, didn’t they?

Hi..i'm new and i'm Indonesian.So forgive my terrible English..I agree that AB is not a very good actor,mediocre or even worse sometimes.But c'mon guys..do you have to be so bitchy..

gue_nih said:
Hi..i'm new and i'm Indonesian.So forgive my terrible English..I agree that AB is not a very good actor,mediocre or even worse sometimes.But c'mon guys..do you have to be so bitchy..

Let's not fling accusations around. If someone criticized Anna Belknap personally, that would be out of line. However, we're talking about her professional work, which, seeing as she's on the show this forum is devoted to, is fair game.

I've noticed Lindsay really has next to nothing to do this season, other than give really long-winded, boring speeches about evidence. Somehow, they've assigned her the task of finding out all the obscure facts and boring us with them. :lol: She's bad at that too--I find there's something about her droning on and on that makes me lose focus and miss what she's saying--but if they have to do something with her, I'll take that over the emoting or the hystronics.

With regards to D/L--the pairing is so much less offensive now that they're actually together and have almost nothing to do with each other! :lol: They've only been in scenes together in half the eps, and when they are, a lot of times you wouldn't even know the characters are dating. So long as it's not in my face, stealing development from Danny (like it did last season) or giving Anna Belknap opportunities to emote, I don't care whether they're together or not.

I know I've said it before, but minimizing her screentime and presence was the best they could do with Lindsay, short of getting rid of her. The acting is still bad, but the less of it I have to see, the better. ;)

That being said...along the lines of how obnoxious Lindsay is as a character, how terrible was it that she didn't condescend to help Adam with the puzzle until Mac got involved and said it was aimed at him? She's such a brownnoser! :lol: I seriously laughed at that, and thought, "Oh, Mac's involved now so Lindsay is going to lower herself to help the lab tech assemble the puzzle." Seriously, the character is so unredeemingly obnoxious that it's just laughable sometimes. :lol:

^^ One thing i realised when she was making the puzzle (also with what you said) is that she was smiling. I really doubt it was wrote that way, after all, they were deasling with a bloodied puzzle involved in a possible muerder (or two) and something invloving Mac, so I think it was really out of place.

poison girl said:
^^ One thing i realised when she was making the puzzle (also with what you said) is that she was smiling. I really doubt it was wrote that way, after all, they were deasling with a bloodied puzzle involved in a possible muerder (or two) and something invloving Mac, so I think it was really out of place.

I've noticed she does that... alot. Processing scenes smiling. Examining evidence smiling. Looking at a dead body smiling. In this line of work, I doubt you would be smiling over these type of things.

I don't think Anna can take these things seriously (at least in my opinion). :rolleyes:

^^It's quite possible the reason she does that is because maybe she doesn't understand or know her character fully (Even though after 2 years you would think she did). Like what Lindsay would do when certain things happen. Maybe Anna needs to take a closer look at the character of Lindsay.

I mean a good example of someone who knows their character inside out is Carmine. You've seen him talk about Danny. He know exactly how Danny would react in different situations and always stays true to the character. I'm sure had they not given us a back story for Danny, Carmine would have had one in his head.

Lampdor said:
WHAT? No, no, no, it's NEVER too late for Lindsay to leave :lol: Sara Sidle left in season 8. When the writers return from their strike, maybe Lindsay will have some more issues she'll have to deal with back in Montanna and can't stay in NY. Hmmm wishful thinking.

I’ve often thought of scenarios in which Lindsay Monroe exit’s the show. My favorite two involve her dark secret and Daniel Cadence. Not to get too far into a fanfic, but I would have her exit be Cadence escaping prison and killing her. :eek: He’s just there to finish the job and after he takes care of it, there’s a massive manhunt followed by a parade and the key to the city. :lol:

But my favorite is Lindsay being Daniel’s accomplice to the crime, as she was the sole survivor and the only account of the crime is her own. ;) It would explain how she sucked in the courtroom, as she wasn’t being sincere. It just about explains away everything about Lindsay that I hate. Her lack of emotion can be explained because she’s hardened by her crime. She’s just cold hearted and very much into herself. Makes for a good fanfic.

WhosLaughingNow:
^^It's quite possible the reason she does that is because maybe she doesn't understand or know her character fully (Even though after 2 years you would think she did). Like what Lindsay would do when certain things happen. Maybe Anna needs to take a closer look at the character of Lindsay.

That’s a very good possibility. I could be wrong, but I’ve not seen her do an interview where she gets to talk about her character. That’s what I may be missing. I’ve love to hear her say how she views Lindsay and what she does to portray her. I’d like to know what she thinks of Lindsay’s development. If she doesn’t have a clue, then why would we? She’s been presented with endless opportunities to shine and hasn’t done so. I’d love to know what she does, or doesn’t do, to ‘channel’ Lindsay Monroe.

Ticamo77 said:

WhosLaughingNow:

That’s a very good possibility. I could be wrong, but I’ve not seen her do an interview where she gets to talk about her character. That’s what I may be missing. I’ve love to hear her say how she views Lindsay and what she does to portray her. I’d like to know what she thinks of Lindsay’s development. If she doesn’t have a clue, then why would we? She’s been presented with endless opportunities to shine and hasn’t done so. I’d love to know what she does, or doesn’t do, to ‘channel’ Lindsay Monroe.

So far what I get from her in interviews about her character is that she's the new girl and that's about it.

WhosLaughingNow said:
Ticamo77 said:

WhosLaughingNow:

So far what I get from her in interviews about her character is that she's the new girl and that's about it.

If that's all the writers gave her to work with I'm not surprised she didn't create a unique or consistent character. The only way to fool viewers into believing a character is still the new kid in town after two seasons is to give them free vodka every Wednesday night. Lots of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back