Grissom & Sara #11 - WE know what to do about "This"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introducing...Bugman and Buggirl's ride: THE BUGMOBILE!!!! :eek: :D :D

bugmobile.jpg

Let me tell you a lot of things go on in there in that vehicle...I mean, a lot of...crime scene processing and stuff... :D :devil:

WOW~~~~so cute~~~~

:lol: :) ;) :lol:

The following makes the assumption that Gris and Sara are already seeing each other during 'Bite Me'...

It's funny what you miss when you're looking for something else...

I watched the 'romance' scene from Bite Me many many times, always analysing and re-analysing the tone of Grissom's voice when he talks about suffocation and the expression on Sara's face when she talks about sex and romance... And I totally missed the subtext going on before that...

Grissom is TOTALLY perplexed by the fact that the couple's living arrangement - and I actually *don't* think it was purely because they slept in separate bedrooms - he's probably seen that a lot over the years... I think what confused him was that this couple went out to dinner, arranged to have the night alone (by getting their daughter out of the house), and all this other romance stuff, but they slept in separate bedrooms. And i think just maybe it is *this* statement which is his comment on his current relationship with Sara, not so much the suffocation comment...

Think about it - what if they were together, they were *dating*, doing the whole romance thing... but Sara had put the breaks on anything sexual happening just yet. We know that Sara considers sex to be something of a committment - her comment to Greg about not viewing sex as a sport tells us this. She's spent 5 plus years, with her feelings for Grissom never bearing fruit... and now they're together. Maybe she's not ready to take that next step until she's ABSOLUTELY SURE that the relationship is working - until she's SURE that this is what he wants and it isn't going to end all of a sudden. So she tells him that she's not ready to sleep with him...

This might confuse Grissom's sensibilities a little - there's been all this UST brewing between him and Sara for all these years, he's finally worked up the courage to give it a go with her, he's wining and dining and making time to be with her and things seem to be going great. And yet there's a roadblock... As Grissom pointed out, Freud said the only unnatural sex was not to have any at all, so maybe he thinks there's something wrong with his relationship with Sara... and it's coloring his view of this couple's relationship...

The suffocating comment might be him just throwing something out there. He doesn't understand the dynamic going on, either between himself and Sara or the dead woman and her hubby. But he knows what his problem has been in the past with his personal life - fear of letting someone in, fear of giving up his hermit status, fear of being known. Maybe he doesn't feel that Sara is suffocating him. Maybe he thinks that he's giving Sara that impression, and that's why she's still keeping him at arms length.

This makes sense when you think about Sara's response. It takes her a moment to figure out what he's saying. She doesn't respond to the suffocation claim - she responds to the separate beds statement. She tells him in no uncertain terms that sex is still an option in their relationship, and so is romance - they don't need to dive in head first and become incredibly serious just yet in order to have a perfectly healthy relationship...

It then takes Grissom a moment to process this, and he excuses himself, not comfortable discussing this in more detail while they're at work. But you could lay money on it that Sara brought the subject up once more later on when they were off shift. And you can tell by the tiny little smirk she gives him that she knows he's got what she was saying...

And that's my film analysis for the day... ;)

OMG~~~Griss and Sara... they have onlyone problem in season one...butnow, since they working together...the number of problems is rising with their association...

I just watched the clip again...

SPOILAGE
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
And... did anyone else notice that in the closeup it looks like Sara is shaking her head at Grissom??? hmmmmsies...

shaking her head...it would be better when GRISS asked her for dinner...hahahhhhh...

I love your signature...beautiful stars...

About the scene - they didn't show all of it, and some of the scene was talked over by the interviewer, so i didn't hear some of what Sara said, but Sofia and Grissom were standing fairly far away from each other, and Sofia begins to say "But if I did it..." when Sara walks in, reading a report, starting to ask Grissom something.

She looks up, sees Sofia, says "Sofia" in a questioning tone and looks at Grissom... who sort of looks guilty. I'm not sure, but one interpretation might be that Sofia and Grissom really shouldn't be talking together, alone in his office, since she's under investigation... Conflict of interests coupled with a little bit of insecurity/jealousy, perhaps. But any nuance was lost since, like I said, i couldn't hear everything that was said and the whole scene wasn't shown...

The Early Show can be seen at gglovebug's site Here

The look of Griss...I thining that the problem is that Griss never said something or promised something...

Sara was staying in that lab coz she was holding her hopes...if...I mean if...if this hope for being together never exists, never exists in Griss' mind...that would be the worst thing in the world for Sara...

I'm a GSR shipper...I hope them be together...hope so much...

Triangle Spoiler

Ok, although the Gofias may claim otherwise, there was definitely NO romance in the triangle scene. Upset Sofia going to Grissom as a friend to try to talk out what happened to make it more clear in her mind. She is obviously upset, thinking she killed Bell. Grissom attempts to remind her she is on administrative leave so should not be there or talking with him about the case when Sara walks in. After a pause Sara is VERY professional, and suggests Sofia should not be there, that she should talk to a friend. Sofia turns on her, and asks if Sara has any friends outside the job. Sara pauses, and calmly suggests she can give Sofia the contact info for an LVPD counsellor. In my opinion Sara was not looking hurt or jealous or any of the things you would suspect if she and Grissom were NOT in a relationship and she still had feelings for him (as she has in the past), and Grissom did not look guilty.

A few scenes later there is further confirmation that S/G are just fine. They are back at the crime scene, and Grissom wants Sara to come with him to do an experiment. There is some VERY playful banter and a high level of interpersonal comfort coming from Grissom that we have not seen in like FOREVER, and Sara gives him a smile and goes along with him.

Overall impression - Sofia is not a romantic threat, and Grissom is comfortable with his relationship with Sara, whatever that may be (and we KNOW what that is :devil:).

professional??? I hate this word! You use this word to push your friend away to a psy counsellor when he/she got personal problems and just want to have a talk with someone??? And it is the way Sara was treated when she got personnal problems...She re-performed what way she knew to treat this situation...

Well...we all are guessing...Griss said nothing...right?!...

yeah...when does he really says anything personal :D Reeble nice music VD i like it even if it isn't GSR ;)
so what is the update on GSR i missed too much and too much too read..can we make it shorter all in all :)

Mucho thanks lantiscod! :) I haven't changed the sig in a while 'cause I'm just content with it. :)

SPOILAGE
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
Ok. This is going to sound really dumb, but for some reason I've been thinking about all the kid-related eps this season, past and upcoming... Someone either here or at YTDaW noted how good Grissom was with kids, and wouldn't it be too cute for Sara to point it out? I mean, they have the thing in "Still Life" with the kid who seems to have one of the strangest parental situations I've seen in a while (And that's me, the girl with five parents, saying that)...

If they were to pull him away from both the "mother" and the "parents" for a while, to isolate him to keep either side from influencing what he said, I'd love for Grissom to be the one to talk to the kid, with Sara watching through the glass. I don't even care if they're both on the case, I'd just love to see her smile watching him with the kid... and then later, in his office, or something, tell him how good he is with kids...

It's just, my boyfriend works with kids, and I love watching him with them because he's so good with them. It gives me a great feeling inside about marrying this man, and I'd love for it to work for GSR, too. ;)

I agree on the whole kids thing Alyssa. I'm sure he would be great with kids. Although I can see him getting really worried about becoming a parent because of his upbringing.

Anyway. I was watching some s4 eps today, & it reminded me of when Sara mentioned that Grissom had given her a book for Christmas about bugs. It wasn't the actual book that shocked me, it was the fact that she said Last Christmas as no-one else was given a present. If he was becoming more distant from her, then perhaps the present was something to restore her hope that he does still like her. ;) (well that's my theory anyway :lol:)

If my memory is correct, then the Christmas she was talking about was at the beginning of s4 after the pin-me-down scene.

lantiscod, I've already addressed this issue in a PM regarding another thread, but I'm afraid I have to address you posting 5 times in a row. Its considered spamming and its against the rules of this board. Please, if you have something to add to a post, use the edit button, do not create new posts immediately after one another.

Also, if you decide to quote someones post, please do not post the entire thing - especially if it is a long one - particularly if your comment on it is only going to be two or three lines. Only quote the relevant part of the post.

Hey everyone, i just wanted to pop in and say hi! and since you guys are discussing the idea of Grissom and Sara already being in a relationship, i wanted to say that 'a bullet runs through it:2' really made me wonder if they were. They seemed so comfortable around each other, and the way grissom was talking when he wanted sara in the alley with him ( that sounds bad :devil: ) anyway, the idea of them being together seemed really plausible. Wouldn't it be funny if tptb finally reveal them and it's supposed to be this huge shock, and you guys had been calling it all along!

Hey frodolives33!
About this alreadyinarelationshipthing- i think it´s possible, but i don´t want to keep my hopes up and then be dissapointed

True. And I've been re-watching that Triangle scene and while some people say that he gives Sara an annoyed/angry look, to me it looks like a warning look. Sort of like "Watch what you say" not "Get the hell out". I think for the most part it didn't work for either Sara or the blonde one in that scene because it came off as two normally professional, responsible women getting in a bitch-fight.

Whatever, I still can't decipher that scene - too much subtext, too many significant looks between the two...

Someone either here or at YTDaW noted how good Grissom was with kids, and wouldn't it be too cute for Sara to point it out?

I do think Grissom has a strange yet wonderful empathy with kids - sometimes the most unlikely of people do. It could be for any number of reasons. He clearly felt out of place when he was a kid - he was a "ghost", he probably didn't have many friends as a child and was considered "strange" - so maybe now he empathises with kids who are having a hard time or disconnected in some way.

Grissom is also the sort of person who doesn't like people with agendas - it's why he and Ecklie don't get along, it's why he hates politics. Kids are, for the most part, very very straight-forward - they generally don't have agendas, they say what they mean and what they want upfront. Grissom may like this quality about children.

Sara is also good with kids in a very unobvious way. She claimed she wasn't good with kids in Blood Drops, but she refused to leave Brenda alone and by the end of that ep she had formed a close bond with the child. We got another glimpse of that side of her in No Humans Involved. She has little to no experience with kids, but something tells me she would step up and be a fierce protector for any child in need.

I think Sara would find Grissom's way with kids to be extremely attractive, as most women would - as if she needed another reason to find him attractive :lol:

I also find it very telling that both characters seem to have very similar 'problem areas' that they would get passionate about in their cases - Grissom's list consisting of:

1)Domestic Abuse (one that is obviously shared by Sara)
2)Sexual Assault on Children (the look on her face when she was taking the UV photos of Brenda and discovered the signs of abuse were enough to see that this bothered her a great deal)
3)Drug Dealers who prey on kid (Sara hasn't had a case that deal with this as far as I can remember, but given her past response to children, and her strong reaction to the neglect suffered by the children in NHI, I'm sure she'd get just as pissed as Grissom on a case like this)

To get back to your original post, Alyssa, I would love to see Sara at least notice Grissom's way with kids - even if we don't get a comment, I'd love to see a look from her that says she sees it and she approves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back