Season 8: "Dead Doll" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Re: "Dead Doll" Discussion **SPOILERS**

I am so extremely excited for this- originally I wasn't going to even be home for the episode, but I just learned today that I'm going to be home for the premiere, which just makes me ecstatic! You Canadians out there are so lucky- an hour early! I'm too excited for my own good- I'm not going to get anything done this week.

Sara won't die. I figure if I keep saying this to myself then nothing can happen to her... but I think she's just too valuable to kill off. CBS has done a very good job of keeping her status on the show locked up- which in my state of suspense I'm not sure is a good or bad thing!

I honestly don't think she be killed off. She's a huge part of CSI, and the show will lose viewers and have to be completely different if she dies. I just don't see it happening.

My ideas are as this. Dead Doll- The motor of the doll is killed hense dead doll. The Kleenex? Grissom finds Sara alive and she's going to survive and in front of the crew they let their love for each other out and in the open leaving a very touching and emotional situation. After all the writers totally showed a lack of emotion in the whole Brass if fighting for his life final. They need to make this episode have twice as much emotion to make up for it. Also I don't know which site I read it on, but it came out that Jorja signed a contract for this season and a guy from CBS came out and said just because she signed doesn't mean survives. I kind of like the idea of Sara dying and her being in epidoes showing flashbacks of her and Grissom that we never have seen, but I doubt that would be the case.

that would be cool, but i don't think they would do that. i wish they would do something to show us the evolution of their relationship. especially if she does die, so as to make up for it and give us some freaking compensation for holding out so long and then pulling s**t like that!

If it's true that she signed a contract and she does die what else can they do? Have another epidsode showing her funeral? I think they'd have to show flashbacks of her and Grissom. However I do believe she survives and the new girl fills in for a few shows while Sara recovers from whatever physical/emotional trauma she sustains.

well, no i know that if she did sign and didn't live they'd have to do that, and that would be the best scenario in my mind if she did die. but i think it would be stupid to sign on for another year if your character was just a ghost... i guess if you can get paid and it's less stress... i dunno, i'm attached to sara/jorja, i'm biased. i htink it would be painful to play someone knowing they're dead!...

Maybe they're going for an award? Granted it's old, but look as the Sixth Sense. Sure this time we know the person is dead, but they could get some great reviews and maybe overtake Grey's.

i wish they would kill some other character. It figures with my luck my favorite character would be the one they kill off.

What would be the point in having her live and then not be on several episodes because she's traumatized or injured? Unless she was still negotiating her contract and they filmed episodes without her. Otherwise, in TV land they usually make everything fine the next week. And the "next week" in TV land isn't necessarily next week in real life.

vegaslights said:
^CTV will be airing CSI an hour earlier this year. Make sure to check your local listings/programming for the exact time and channel though.

CTV is running it 1 hour early because (not shocking) CTV has moved to put Greys in at 9 PM to match the US day and time (as opposed to showing the episodes at least 1 day later). It is another indication that Grey's has powered CSI off of the top of the list in Canada. On the plus side, it means that Canadians with Sat or cable have the luxury of an 8 pm start, a 9 pm start, an 11pm start, and a midnight start (eastern) if you have east and west coast feeds.

I doubt that she is dead. After all we know she isn't under the car when they get there, so where do they find her and how is she dead? Obviously she doesn't drown as she couldn't not be under the car if that were the case. The water could wash the car away as looking at the minature compared to the promo because there isn't that big of surrounding hills in the minature as in the promo. However as much into detail as the show is they would see her along the way because the car wouldn't move that far. I think everyone is going in expecting her to live that it would be a great twist that she doesn't, but things just don't point that way.

Smokey said:
What would be the point in having her live and then not be on several episodes because she's traumatized or injured? Unless she was still negotiating her contract and they filmed episodes without her. Otherwise, in TV land they usually make everything fine the next week. And the "next week" in TV land isn't necessarily next week in real life.

There is a huge potential that there is a significant gap in the episodes over this season, as this season opens minutes after the end of last season. They would have to shift time if they intend to work any of the major holidays into a script.

they could go that route which means she has already recovered before spisode 2 this season, but they would still have to have an episdoe showing recovery. This story is just and was too big to have it end just like that (snaps fingers) following Tursday.

jasjod said:
I doubt that she is dead. After all we know she isn't under the car when they get there, so where do they find her and how is she dead? Obviously she doesn't drown as she couldn't not be under the car if that were the case. The water could wash the car away as looking at the minature compared to the promo because there isn't that big of surrounding hills in the minature as in the promo. However as much into detail as the show is they would see her along the way because the car wouldn't move that far. I think everyone is going in expecting her to live that it would be a great twist that she doesn't, but things just don't point that way.

Those preview clips that show Sara in the car as it fills up make me think that she does drown. Some of them show her head completely underwater and air coming out of her nose or mouth. This would happen if she had lost consciousness, not if she was awake. Underwater, people will try very hard to hold air in.
Also, a flash flood could move the car and it would move a body much further, because of less weight.
A few more days and we'll know.
LaSquisita

i really hope sara lives though. the show would not be the same to me.

Back