Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sphinx said:
Will they have a scene where Grissom officially tells Nick he is second in charge or has he been second in charge all along? Aren't the only people that outrank him Catherine and Grissom?

They probably will. Grissom will more than likely pull him aside in his office. And since I like a bit of angst, Warrick would probably overhear the conversation.

Just my speculation!

sorry, this isn't on the same topic as you guys, but it popped in my head.
if they said that there will be repercussions for grissom because of his relationship w/ sara, and the big *reveal* at the end of the season.. wouldn't that seem to indicate that sara lives. i don't think they would do anything about it if she died and/or left the show...
hopelessly optimistic? nope. i'm really starting to think she'll live.

as far as nick goes, didn't one spoiler say something about cath puruing some sort of other career or something. i can't find it, can't remember, sorry. and nick seems like the best choice next to cath...
of course i'd love to see sara in that position... but i think she's still got a lil ways to go before she's superviser material.. especially after this drama and whatever happens because of gsr... etc

just theorizing! 14 days, gotta do something to bide the time!

wouldn't the fact that she had an affair with her supervisor greatly lessen her chances of being made a supervisor? Some of the crew is likely to wonder if she got because she and Grissom were lovers.

vegaslights said:
The 8th episode of the season will be a mobster related episode, directed by the man who directed William Petersen in "To Live and Die in LA"
William Friedkin. A real heavyweight director. Did "The Exorcist" and "The French Connection", among many others. Really good for action and shock effects. A master when Tarantino was just starting to watch Saturday morning cartoons.
LaSquisita

I am all for NICK stepping up in a supervisor like role, good for him, I like him in that position, but I just had a thought about what Grissom said to Warrick just before going on Sabbatical last season. That he was the rock of the team! Is there more to that comment or a one time thing? hmmm...

Something tells me that they are going to underplay the team's reaction to GSR, but it would be interesting if they didn't. What if Catherine walked out, for instance, and started searching for another career, as they have sort of hinted? I just saw the show where Sara was suspended for being disrespectful to Catherine and Ecklie (Nesting Dolls), and Grissom supported her. It made me wonder how Catherine will react to this revelation. She could be fed up with working so hard (Griss left her his paperwork once!) only to find out that Griss was propping up the sometimes troubled Sara. This could also explain why Nick has to step up fast, and why he might not be happy about the circumstances. Pure speculation...

I also wondered about the Vanity Fair ad, whether the split represented how the team reacted to the GSR reveal. If true, then Catherine, Greg and Brass aren't thrilled, while Nick and Doc back up Grissom, and Warrick stays neutral. But that's probably a big reach. Would still be interesting.

You know, people talk a lot about Nesting Dolls and the fact that Grissom helped Sara, but the truth is, he didn't do more for her than he did for anyone else. Catherine specifically had Grissom's support in a lot of things. When she told a man that his wife was cheating on him, which made him kill an innocent man, he didn't do anything about it; when she worked her ex husband's case, even though Grissom told her not to; when she blew up the lab; when she used the lab to find out if Sam was her father; when she accepted money from her father (yeah, it was from a father to a daughter, but if anyone found out, it could have brought problems to the lab and to her)... In all those times, Grissom risked his job. So, really, although I love Catherine very much, she's just as troubled as Sara (if not more).
Yeah, the team could have problems with their relationship (it would be understandable), but no one can say that Grissom treated Sara better just because he had feelings for her. No one can say he helped her more. That is one thing no one can ever throw in their faces. And while it's true that Catherine has worked a lot, she doesn't work more than Grissom and she doesn't work more than Sara. I don't know if she still does it, but for a long time Sara was the person that worked more overtime.
Everybody in the team knows Grissom doesn't play favorites. He's there for all of them whenever they need him. And I'm sure that even if they don't like what's happening, they will not turn against Grissom and Sara. That's for sure.

I think that since no one noticed Sara and Grissom's relationship before, no one can say anything about Grissom playing favorites. And that is weird that Sara's in the promo picture. Her being all the way in the back very small could mean something, like if she lives she'll have a small part? Also, the other pictures on that page of them go-karting, it's probably for a case somehow, but I really don't think they'd be out go-karting if Sara died.. just my thoughts.

If there's something dear ole Griss does is playing favorites. And Nick's the one person he's turned his back on for many times - not even caring. I hope dear ole Griss is demoted and Nick has to step up; would serve the hypocrite just fine. :lol:

The one CSI he regards as stupid and not up to his standards is taking over.

Looking forward to ep 3 and 4 - the first ones I'll happily skip.

So Greg seems to be on the backburner this year? Like Nick and Warrick have been for 2. Why can't these writers find the balance? It worked up to S4 and was the concept that drew most viewers in. I can't believe they haven't figured out that the characters are all important.

And yes, I'd love to have it all about Nick and Warrick but ideally they should use all characters evenly, it really can't be that hard.

the pictures looks amazing!

the only thing i'm wondering is... why's warrick in the middle like that?

i heard the theory of: "dr. robbins and nick are for grs, cath, greg and brass arent, and warrick's in the middle." but i dont see that happening. i honestly think none of them will be for it. and if anything, i think nick would be REALLY not for it.

and sara coming out of the back ground, maybe she'll be in the hosptial for a while or not be there for all of season 8. not sure, but i'm loving the pic. they all look amazing. well, can't really see sara, (tried to blow it up, didn't work) but... i'm so excited! :D

Vanessa, I agree that if they look at everything logically, then nobody can say that Sara really got better treatment (at work) from Griss. But people do have these selective memories! Remember how mad Sara got at Catherine (I think) for working with Keppler, so I think there may be some tension. Or maybe Sara's near-death experience will cancel everything out and all will be forgiven and forgotten. It will be a test of the team.

S_Bright, about Gil not liking Nick, are you serious? I missed that part. What are you talking about?

I've only seen that episode once, but I seem to remember Sara said something to her in a menacing voice. "If I have anything to say to you, *Catherine*, I'll say it in private." It's the most recent interaction I know of, considering Nesting Dolls was a while ago.

If somebody was really mad at Catherine for the Keppler thing it was Nick . Why is it that Sara is always the one to blame for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back