Speed/Rory #16: ~~"Welcome to the Big Leagues"~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like I really need to see "Dazed and Confused". Good thing my dad wants to see it too. Now, to wait for the day when Mom takes my sisters to the spa while I stay behind and watch TV with dad :D

SpeedsDaughter said:
Sounds like I really need to see "Dazed and Confused". Good thing my dad wants to see it too. Now, to wait for the day when Mom takes my sisters to the spa while I stay behind and watch TV with dad :D

It's a pretty good movie and Rory is hilarious in it, but I think the movie I like best is Empire Records.

^ Well actually the bathtub scene was in the movie 'The Last Don'.

In Black and White, there was a bit of er, less than PG-13 circumstances, but I must say, Rory did an excellent job given the subject matter. (Basically his character sleeps with the other character. And at the beginning she orders him to strip so they could know what each other was like and not wonder during their 'partnership'. It was kind of weird but the Gina Gershon's character was pretty complex.)

Yeah, seeing Rory in the bathtub in The Last Don was some major fun!! I replayed that scene a lot!! :devil:

Ok, now I HAVE to rent Black and White!!! I'm going to bug all the people at the rental stores until they find it for me!! I've looked before and couldn't find it... they better give it to me!!! And man- slow motion is all I'm gonna say!

Empire Records never fails to crack me up!! The first time I saw it I started laughing so hard when Rory came up as Lucas!! I mean, I was SO used to seeing him as Speed... and how different are Lucas and Speed!! Seriously, he really did get all the best lines in Empire Records. I wonder if they planned that... :lol:

^ They probably did plan him to have some of the most iconic lines in the movie. :D He was a principal character as the uncut version (or Fan Remix as it's known) he is featured predominately at the beginning and the plot centers around him whilst the rest of the characters contribute to the general plot of seeing Rex Manning, keeping the store the way it is, etc.

Lucas and Speed are very different but also alike in a few ways. They have that mysterious air about them and a few of the lines are quite sarcastic. :D

Woman: Never marry a tow-truck driver.
Lucas: O-kay.

Woman: I auditioned for Cats.
Lucas: *smiles* No shit.

:lol: Hilarious.

:lol: i loved that part!!! itwas great!!!! i'm actually watching right now on youtube :D i would watch the actual movie but my sis is hogging the tv :( oh well :D

i love lucas <33 i don't even care that he wears really bad turtleneck sweaters. i loved those lines to from the fan remix i kind of wish they had been in the original but whatever.
awesome quotes too everyone. now i'm in the need to watch dazed and confused lol

:D Thanks for the pictures calleighspeedle, as always!

timspeedlefan, I think some of your post need to go in a spoiler box, as the new season hasn't aired yet ;)

OMG!!! I love the fourth one!!!! He looks so cute in the fourth one when he's sleeping!!!! (well acting like he is) but it's still so cute none the less!!!!! :D

timspeedlefan, if you'd still like some help with the Spoiler Box, feel free to PM myself or Lucy -- or even another Miami Forum regular for that matter. We're all here to help! :) And this is after the fact and a suggestion, but please know that you needn't delete a post if you feel you've made a mistake. A simple edit by yourself or a quick PM to one of us Moderators might be a good idea. We'd still like to hear your thoughts on the recent spoilers. :)

calleighspeedle, wonderful pictures! After a long day's work, it's great to come here and revel in them. I always loved the cast photos where he was included. He kind of seemed like he didn't want to be there, but still had an air of 'coolness' about him that still conveyed the character. :lol: If that makes sense.

Ashley, I know what you mean about them not including the great lines in the older version. I'd first seen the movie on VHS and let me tell ya - it was missing a lot. I also heard that they had actually filmed an extra day in the movie with other characters but cut them out? It might have been some wrong information but still interesting if it's true.

I don't know. I kind like the turtleneck.
It really show off his shape very good I thought.
It almost hugging his yummie body in a sexy way ;)

And Yummie pictures Cali!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back