Season 8 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
pabzi said:
How sure are we that Sara us alive? Ausiello said? Carol Mendelson? And it popped up somewhere else, but was there any more reliable source that said it?

You could look at it another way. How reliable are the sources that said she would live? Well, some are more reliable than others but they are still the main/usual sources. What sources are there that said she will die? I can't think of anything even vaguely reliable. All the spoilers have suggested she will live, none suggest or even hint at the alternative as far as I'm aware (discounting those that simply say they won't or can't say!), which in itself is unusual. I am 100% sure she will not die in the season premiere. But what happens after that is anyone's guess.

GameFace said:
The crossover episode with Without a Trace is the start of november right, so it'd be about 5 or 6 episodes in? Does anyone else think that maybe, Gris working on this case with a different dept, may be a way for him to take 'time away' from the lab for a bit to get over Sara leaving or something like that?

Well, I guess it's possible. My understanding was that the crossover takes place on one night. It will start in CSI and conclude that night in the WaT episode (or whichever round way they air over in the US) so I can't see how Grissom would be required to be away from the lab for that. I honestly don't think the Grissom/Sara relationship will be a factor at all in the episodes, because it's trying something different for the show and I'm not sure how they could make it relevant (IMO). I think they will really be stand alone episodes.

Quote:
GameFace said:
The crossover episode with Without a Trace is the start of november right, so it'd be about 5 or 6 episodes in? Does anyone else think that maybe, Gris working on this case with a different dept, may be a way for him to take 'time away' from the lab for a bit to get over Sara leaving or something like that?

Well, I guess it's possible. My understanding was that the crossover takes place on one night. It will start in CSI and conclude that night in the WaT episode (or whichever round way they air over in the US) so I can't see how Grissom would be required to be away from the lab for that. I honestly don't think the Grissom/Sara relationship will be a factor at all in the episodes, because it's trying something different for the show and I'm not sure how they could make it relevant (IMO). I think they will really be stand alone episodes.

Well, the fact "CSI" takes place in Las Vegas and "Without A Trace" takes place roughly 2500 miles away in New York City would require somebody to be out of the office for a bit... :cool:

I think I see what she's saying, that the CSI/WAT X-over takes place 5 or 6 episodes into the season, meaning it will be roughly ep 8x05 or 8x06. And I follow the logic, if that's the direction the writers are choosing to go. Grissom dealing with a loss or separation, WP getting some time off, JF possibly fulfilling a partial-season contractual obligation...yeah. We don't know, and even though it's just three and a half more weeks wait for the new season to start, it's approaching the crazymaking point...

I finally saw the promo last night during "NUMB3RS". Much more effective on a larger screen, without all the dang buffering (and we have cable modem!). Eek. Well, many years following TV shows with story arcs has taught me not to raise my expectations too high for a big payoff come the season opener, but who knows...maybe (hopefully) TPTB have an ace up their sleeve we haven't thought of yet...

I wonder if the person missing in the Without A Trace crossover is Sara. Maybe Sara was in New york when she disappears. She could develop amnesia and not know who she is as a result of the trauma. It is just a thought. I can't see Grissom going personally to New York to oversee a case. That is more something that Horatio would do. Grissom would go if it involved Sara. Grissom seems to be the type that would bury himself in work to get over Sara. Maybe that is why he gets into the bee hive experiment.

I am 100% sure she will not die in the season premiere. But what happens after that is anyone's guess.

I agree with that.

Although I do think she will die later on in the series. I dont know the facts but didnt someone say she is in the first few episodes or something? I dont know hwo reliable that source was but she could easily be in hospital for a couple of episodes and then die in hospital. Could be touch and go, so that could explain why she is in a few episodes.. but hey, who knows.
Although I dont think she will die in the first ep.
Ill be waiting to here a full story when it comes out in America as im in England and want to know EVERYTHING. :D

i'm pretty sure Sara's not gonna die. that promo... WOW!!! that was AMAZING!!

AW, nick and warrick are gonna have problems!:( warrick and Nick's friendship as always been good. maybe... i don't know. my thinkings comfusing. i won't bother to write it down, i hardly understand!! LMAO!!

about Grissom going to NY or whatever, wouldn't that be a big sign that him and sara have broken up? like, he said he missed her last time, why would he go away again... unless he WANTS to leave her. either way, it's looking good for my ship.

does anyone know if Sara takes time off? or... is she just gonna get right back into CSI stuff? Nick took time off (i think) so Nick will probably try and convice her to take time off.

i'm getting so excited. i think i'm starting to regret reading all these spoilers.. it's making me WAY to excited. haha!!

Some say its a GD rip-off, others say no, I personally think there are similarities, but with enough of a difference to make it their own. There are still uncertainties on the outcome of this whole situation. *thinks this is an "agree to disagree" subject*

Eh, it is and it isn't. I think the big problem is that the writers often pull out one of three dramatic personal scenario - CSI harmed, kidnapped or held at gunpoint. I'm sure that in tone, storyline and emotion this will be very different from Grave Danger, but I dislike that there *are* some similarities, but more that they roll this out every year, so that when it happens in a really cool way, it can be accused of being a ripoff. I think the episode, to anyone who hasn't seen CSI before, or who hasn't seen Grave Danger, will be excellent. I think that the unfortunate thing is that it's only too easy to sit there and make comparisons, and so it'll be rated against one of the best episodes in the show's history, and thus runs a high risk of paling in comparison.

Which sucks, because finally giving Sara and Grissom a real tension point now that they're a couple is very welcome.

csiemily said:

about Grissom going to NY or whatever, wouldn't that be a big sign that him and sara have broken up? like, he said he missed her last time, why would he go away again... unless he WANTS to leave her. either way, it's looking good for my ship.

Grissom going to NY is due to the Without a Trace crossover and most likly nothing to with Sara. (IMO)

Im suprised nothing has leaked out yet that is a major spoiler, with only a few weeks to go. Perhaps somethign will leak out soon.
I dont like spoilers but I want to know what happens, then ill regret it after I find out lol.

Its strange for Grissom to go to NY, I do wonder why he is going and yeah, I think it will be to do with work, I dont see how it can relate to being with Sara. :)

I thought that Grissom's going to NY had to do with work, not with anything else. I forget where I read it, but I thought it was on here, that someone said Grissom went to NY to follow a killer that traveled the US. I don't think he's intending to leave Sara or anyone else. If it's work related, I don't think Grissom will have a choice of whether to go or not- he's the supervisor, and if it's a huge case, he'll have to go.

i'm not saying he's leaving BECAUSE of sara. i'm just thinking that last time he wrote in the letter that it was hard for him to be away from her for four weeks, but then he leaves again? yeah, maybe to find a killer or something, but... i don't know. i'm just.. thinking out loud right now.

korbjaeger said:
Well, the fact "CSI" takes place in Las Vegas and "Without A Trace" takes place roughly 2500 miles away in New York City would require somebody to be out of the office for a bit... :cool:

:p My point being that, airing on the same night, there wouldn't be any need for anyone to be missing from an episode because of the time frame. So by being in an episode of WaT by my reckoning would have no bearing on Grissom appearing in the CSI episode the following week. Grissom won't be taking time off to go there, it will be for work, tracking a killer, or tracing some missing person, or whatever random storyline they attempt to come up with that will explain why Grissom rather than the FBI crime lab will be part of an investigation (and no I don't think it will have anything to do with Sara). And as a two part storyline, over one night, the next week's activities will resume as normal, possibly with no mention of it other than 'how was New York?'. :rolleyes:

Sure will, but WAT is on right after CSI so it won't be so bad because we won't have to wait for another day/week.

well, that's convinient, lol
i just never know if i'm going to be home on thursday nights or not, so i have to set up to record in advanced
that'll be pretty cool, i've never seen that done before!
thank you

ooh... i'm getting excited.
man... the premiere still seems so far away.
these are the times when you wish someone could invent a time machine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back